RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

I.e. Playboy employee, Watership Down inhabitant or small North American VW?

or battery powered...?

(Well after the watershed in the UK.............)

cheers,

Mick

... the only thing I can think is that people in this situation seem to be in a mental state where they have fallen prey to a completely different set of reason values from those which normally guide us through life ...

Mike, I am quite sure that is the case. It becomes a very self-absorbed frame of mind deeply connected to the idea that oblivion is seen as preferable to continued emotional pain. (I say this without the usual judgement we would apply to words like "selfish".) Brain chemistry is legitimately a factor.

There is someone I know very well who had bouts of serious contemplation of suicide and one genuine attempt - ultimately saved by the intervention of her partner, who is a nurse. Ultimately medication helped.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I've never seen Watership Down, apart from a few minutes here and there.

So here it is in 60 seconds...

Edit - oops wrong link

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 2

The wind has shifted to the south west and blown the mist and fog away, yippee.

At least it's not the Levante.

In Minas Tirith they endure the East Wind, but they do not ask it for tidings. Winds in the east, mist coming in. Like somethin' is brewin' and bout to begin. Can't put me finger on what lies in store, but I fear what's to happen all happened before. (Involving airborne nannies)  There's an east wind coming all the same, such a wind as never blew on England yet. It will be cold and bitter, Watson, and a good many of us may wither before its blast. But it's God's own wind none the less, and a cleaner, better, stronger land will lie in the sunshine when the storm has cleared.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl,

Sherlock would know about the east wind as Conan Doyle stayed in the Hill House Inn, Happisburgh. Not far from the advancing cliffs overlooking the North Sea. Now they have a micro brewery named after a Sherlock story on site, as well as an old signal box.

http://www.hillhouseinn.co.uk/the-dancing-men-brewery/

As well as the dancing men story, it's believed that the hound of the Baskerville's was based partly on the stories of Black Shuck roaming the the Norfolk marshes...

Not far from there, I'm hoping to spend time today, fixing the leak in the roof of the model railway shed, from where I can look out over the marshes and in the distance Happisburgh light house. No doubt our own Black and White Shuck will be supervising from ground level.

Later I hope to do more cladding in the alleyway.

Meantime I'm going to try having a doze for another hour, until Black and White Shuck wants his morning patrol.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Coming out of the stables this evening, I collided with a rabbit.

Well that's tonight's dinner sorted.

or battery powered...?

(Well after the watershed in the UK.............)

cheers,

Mick

Surely we need an EA alert Mick.

Jamie

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Good morning all from a somewhat sunny Charente.   It was even sunny yesterday and several jobs got done, including erecting shelving and sorting out the cavern.  

Several more serious matters to deal with though.

Autism is something that I have a deep interest in as we have had many young men who are at various points on the spectrum come through our model railway club over the years. We have several friends who have children who are at various points on the spectrum and one of them is going to come and stay with is in France in August (With her parents).   The arrangements that are already being made to ensure that is a relaxing time for the whole family are many and varied.  I have utmost respect for any parent who has to help their child grow up in these circumstances and for the way that the people themselves come to terms with and often resolve their own lifestyle choices.

As to suicide, I dealt with many professionally, and also had to deal with attempts closer to home.   It is a very difficult subject but what has become clear the me is that the person often does have a completely different set of drives to others in society.  Many of them feel very strongly that they are causing problems for those around them and that they are complete failures. The act of suicide then becomes a positive act where they can succeed and help the ones who support them by removing the problem.   The other factor is that often, families will report that the subject seemed to be very happy in the last few days.  This may well be because the final decision ahs been taken and burdens have been lifted.   I don't know the answers but it is certainly not an act of cowardice as many ignorant people allege.

Regards to all.

Jamie

• RMweb Premium

Hey up from a calm and quiet Romaldkirk.

A good evening was had last night.Food was very nice as was the company.

Stay safe and I hope everyone who ails feels a bit better today. GREAT to see Debs in full "awl" mode..hopefully no one gets mauled by the awl !

Baz

Edited by Barry O
  • Like 4

Morning everyone.

Bright and sunny here in la France profonde.

We went to the mairie for the rubbish bags yesterday, but it was closed...

Much planning and thinking going on here at the moment. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all and a special good morning to Debs, not so much to her awl.

Blue sky and sunshine here which means that there is a distinct possibility of ladders being deployed for conservatory roof cleaning. A final decision will be made after breakfast.

The Boss (who has already been outside) is dropping hints like "it's lovely out there" and "there's lots to do today." I may have run out of excuses but TBH I do want to get the job done so I suppose I ought to find my digit extractor!

Have a good one,
Bob.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Mawnin' awl. Oh, I see that was already provided by Debs. Good to be hearing from you indeed!  :friends:

Annika is just having a nap, after which food will need to be purchased, including materiel for BBQ use this afternoon. Still cloudy but expected to improve as the day progresses, I understand.

Will try to post again later. I know I don't always manage, hoping you'll understand anyway!

• Like 18

Morning all !

Yesterday's newspaper had an interesting piece on the turtle with the green 'punk' hairdo and the 'ability to breathe through its genitals'.

Many of us will recall human beings with the full power of speech from a nearby area of their bodies....

I apologise if this piece is a little muffled 

Have a good day !

Edited by RhBBob

Suns (almost) out......bikes out.......if I can get on the bl@@dy thing!

I always remember my first suicide as a plod ( I can remember them all) and the following I quest.

At the time, the Coroner was Mr George Northey, a wonderful character and super Coroner.

His quote at the summing up has always stuck with me...........

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Found it to be true in every case I dealt with thereafter.

• RMweb Gold

Sunny here now.

Aditi is of the opinion that the lawn is dry enough to cut. I don't have to do it as she usually does but I may have to adjust the setting as some parts of the lawn are quite long.

We had a card and letter from Ilse, Matthew's supervisor at the University of Utrecht this morning. She was full of praise not just for his academic life but other things he got involved with.

Tony

• Like 7