RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, uax6 said:

I do love correcting people who call it a hash, what on earth is a hash?

S is for the soup they always give us.

H is for the hash that we all know.

O is for the 'orsemeat they puts in it.

V is voice of sergeants, sweet and low.

E is for the end of our enlistment

L is for the last day of the war.

Put them all together, they spell SHOVEL;

The emblem of the Royal Flying Corps.

(As sung by my father, ex-RCAF.)

• Like 16

Morning All,

We have another somewhat frosty morning - the temperature is down around freezing today.

There isn't a lot else to report, so I guess it is time for a coffee!

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

A dry start and it should be a fine and mild day with some sunny spells.

Much aching of back, hip and knees continues  which is why I'm up earlyish. Some walking to do today as we're off to the British Museum with Gemma who needs some photos and sketches of Egyptian stuff for a homework project.

A phone call to the bank fraud department was made and many apologies given (apparently it wasn't my fault.....er, I knew that!) A call back in the afternoon from Belfast from the very helpful young lady promised that the credit had been raised and would show on my account this morning. It was and it has! My balance looks a bit healthier now.

Time for more tea.

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl, Inner Temple Hare,

A good night sleep for a change, 6 hours + another on the sofa, This hasn't helped my neck though it still very painfull. I'll take another pink one shortly...

I awoke feeling very cold but an inspection of the meter said my body was lying..

Yesterdays first prize for cockwombleship goes to the black golf that stopped on a NDR roundabout to let cars in from the minor road (i was on), how it wasn't hit from behind by unsuspecting drivers I don't know...

This computer now say it's going to Reset...

Time to... go..

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Gold

I haven't got any pink ones to take so will make do with white ones for now. If it gets really bad I've got some green and yellow but they are a last resort, which reminds me I'm running rather low so must visit the medic to ask for more. Have to do this face to face as they won't prescribe them without seeing you.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from a sunny Charente.  It's still a bit cool outside but 17 is promised.    The woodshed part 2 awaits this morning.   Hopefully it shouldn't take too long.   Then it will be off to the tip with a trailer full of rubbish.   Once it's all tidy then I will be able to start in splitting and sawing more logs over the next few days.  However as it's warmed up we're not needing the fire burning as often.  Beth is going to help where she can though her left shoulder is causing problems and I suspect my main task will be trying to stop her making it worse.  A friend of hers has kindly offered to come over so the work shouldn't take too long. 

All being well I will be able to send the afternoon making some more joints. My workbench should start to take shape soon.

Regards to all

Jamie

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, lightengine said:

You'll create a rift 

Isn't that one of those things you play on a guitar?

A bit grey and murky this morning - and the weather isn't much better either. Still lurgified and feeling 'orrible, ODing on Lemsips and anything else that promises to make you feel better instantly but to little effect. Wonder if I can get one of these compensation law firms on the case and demand payment from the manufacturers for not making me feel like a box of birds?

Not much else to report really except shares in Kleenex on the rise.

Have a good day awl and thoughts and prayers for the real sufferers.

Dave

Edited by Dave Hunt
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

The sun is shining and the sky is blue, but there are a few white fluffy things floating about, currently it’s 10C with an expected high of 15C by mid afternoon. However, looking at the garden paths and the windows, we must have had some more rain overnight.

Breakfast has been consumed, as has the large muggertea and orange juice, Sheila is just finishing hers and will soon be getting herself ready for her Zumba class. Once she’s gone, I’ll tidy up the kitchen and then head to the workshop.

Back later

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

If there is one thing I cannpt stand on the part of motoring cockwombles it is the brainless twerps who stop on roundabouts to let people out who are sitting at a give way line -  a major hazard.  I had one stop in front of me last week to let somebody cross the effin road by the roundabout exit - with me sat behind him on the roundabout which gives good odds for being tail-ended because you can't see across it and people often join it quickly to beat other traffic.  Total dumbarse behaviour of the first order.

And today being faux Friday I shall once again be venturing over that roundabout.   Talking of which I am reminded of Whitchurch so might perhaps place Ian (Roundhouse) at the one which once had two railway stations served by two different companies (one station still being open of course).

The weather out there seems not to bad and even better news is that the INR result is almost on target for the second test running so I've been given 4 weeks grace until the next test; rat poison dose remains unchanged.  I'm fairly sure it was the cough lurgi which well and truly upb*ggered because the test I  had in the midst of that took me to over double the number I'm supposed to be at and left me on fortnightly testing intervals; first world problems.

Have a good day one and all.

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium

Mornind.  Oh be dose id fud od knot.

As Dave is finding out, this is a killer lurgy that Rick as given us, electronically.  Still pretty crook, although slightly better this morning......slightly.  Dave's bang on about the Lempis stuff, hardly seems to make a dint in this particular strain of lurgy-itis although I usually find they help a cold.

This isn't a cold, despite Mrs NHN's insistence of my just being a wuss.  Really annoying as I have gone all winter with nothing worse than a sniffle, good going in the damp mildness of Fraggle Rock.  The 'flu' jab probably helps.  I'm annoyed at having to stay off work when things are both busy and short handed for half term, but I would be no help and just infect everyone else, I really am too ill to work.

OK, end of self-pity course.

It is 11c out, dryish and windy, which would be OK for a 'blow the cobwebs out' walk.

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Gold

Morning All

It was a success at Chez Bob's last night Her said:tender: it was the best meal I had cooked ever what did make it tasty was the Duck which was dunked into Chinese Five Spice powder mixed with 

corn flour then straight into the Wok, part cook the duck remove and put in warm oven then cook the veg quartered onions, bean sprouts, baby corn, crushed garlic then put the duck back

in and 2 large spoons of plum sauce and give it a good mix and cook till done.:heat:  she wants it again next week :punish:the food silly.

Today is coach day, I had to order more Comet coach parts from Wizard Models yesterday which puts pay to any painting today with too many bits missing so I will get stuck in to other coaches

waiting in the works.

must get on enjoy your day :superman: Ray Blanc :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Morning all,

If there is one thing I cannpt stand on the part of motoring cockwombles it is the brainless twerps who stop on roundabouts to let people out who are sitting at a give way line -  a major hazard.  I had one stop in front of me last week to let somebody cross the effin road by the roundabout exit - with me sat behind him on the roundabout which gives good odds for being tail-ended because you can't see across it and people often join it quickly to beat other traffic.  Total dumbarse behaviour of the first order.

And today being faux Friday I shall once again be venturing over that roundabout.   Talking of which I am reminded of Whitchurch so might perhaps place Ian (Roundhouse) at the one which once had two railway stations served by two different companies (one station still being open of course).

The weather out there seems not to bad and even better news is that the INR result is almost on target for the second test running so I've been given 4 weeks grace until the next test; rat poison dose remains unchanged.  I'm fairly sure it was the cough lurgi which well and truly upb*ggered because the test I  had in the midst of that took me to over double the number I'm supposed to be at and left me on fortnightly testing intervals; first world problems.

Have a good day one and all.

Mike - I know which one you refer to but sorry not near an open station by a few miles. It did have a station (halt) and remember going over the bridge where the halt used to be to and from school each day in the back of Mums car. The school backed onto the old railway line and one day we had a school walk along the recently liftet track bed so plenty of ballast ot walk over. That may be enough for you to find it!

Just checked one of my credit car statement that arrived in the post and a rather large charge from a car hire company in Exeter. Never hired one in the UK and only recent one was for a lot less and a prepay for another company for our trip in the USA last xmas. Been onto the credit card company and they are looking into it but in the meantime cancelled the card.

A day in today working on various items of rolling stock. Found two HO scale Geep 9's that are not required, one I think requires new gears on the axles. If so I have spares, then both can be sold.

• Friendly/supportive 16

11 minutes ago, roundhouse said:

Mike - I know which one you refer to but sorry not near an open station by a few miles. It did have a station (halt) and remember going over the bridge where the halt used to be to and from school each day in the back of Mums car. The school backed onto the old railway line and one day we had a school walk along the recently liftet track bed so plenty of ballast ot walk over. That may be enough for you to find it!

Just checked one of my credit car statement that arrived in the post and a rather large charge from a car hire company in Exeter. Never hired one in the UK and only recent one was for a lot less and a prepay for another company for our trip in the USA last xmas. Been onto the credit card company and they are looking into it but in the meantime cancelled the card.

A day in today working on various items of rolling stock. Found two HO scale Geep 9's that are not required, one I think requires new gears on the axles. If so I have spares, then both can be sold.

That sounds like someone misusing your card data in Exeter.  Can you recall where you used it last time in town?  It might help their investigation.

• Like 1
  • Agree 10

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. I too have the lurgi and have had it for the past week or so. I've been on the Lemsips fortified by a tot of Caledonian falling down water. Not so bad this morning, not having yet to resort to the Kleenex. 

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Gold
43 minutes ago, lightengine said:

That sounds like someone misusing your card data in Exeter.  Can you recall where you used it last time in town?  It might help their investigation.

Last time we were in Exeter was last August so no cant recall but I am sure they will look into back then. I dont use a card in restaurants or bars very often as normally use cash.

• Like 11
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

Morning all (just).

A Teutonic parcel has just arrived and needs to be opened.

Meanwhile our Chris and THE TIE have departed from Australia and are now in New Zealand.  As they spent the last few days in Sydney, I'm sure the tie received suitable exposure.

Bill

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

I have been considering things we do not talk about in ER, I have come to the conclusion there are too many points to consider and I may have to traverse to a different solution..

After my corned beef sarni, I will take my brain out and will submit myself to an online "trainings" that is required,"Antitrust: Preventing Uncompetitive Practices"  to someone below the pond life in the company tree,, it's really relevant..

I wonder if they told the New deputy Boss, arriving monday, about all these "trainings"

Sarni consumed.. labotomy coming up..

• Like 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium

Grunchtime Leetings. 

The lurgie gave me only a short-lived cold which arrived on Christmas Eve and was clearing by New Year. It has been this wretched cough that still lingers that has been enduringly troublesome and has left me uncommonly tired. It is still hanging around but is much improved. I still have to use the inhaler at times and still have chest pain from all the coughing but am finally on the mend. 

Beautiful morning at the House of Fun where things were by and large running well. I was assigned a new entrant as a pre-training observer who provided good feedback for me at sign-off.

There was a great conversation with a young woman just in from Oz and bound for home in New Milton. The bleary eyes and well-travelled backpack said “long-haul flight” to me and we chatted for some time about her times in and around Sydney. She doesn’t think she met anyone called Chris. 

I am now off to do battle with an accident in a spaghetti factory. Anyone following Waddlemarsh might understand the trauma that involves. 

Best wishes to all. And sundry. 

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium

A pretty picture we hope the opposition don't see, cos that means they're in front of us..

Yes the big bird was up...

52188039_1135223159964146_1228923755523211264_n[1].jpg

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Surprise surprise Wizard Models order was on the door mat this AM it's allowed me to get on as planned.

If you want a good read check out the DJM 92 thread it looks like some one has been pee'd off by Mr. Jones 

still the chap doesn't do himself any favours.

laters :superman: G.J. Collett

• Like 13