Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Raining here. We also have a yellow wind warning this morning. I haven’t seen any trampolines flying by yet.

There will be more  stuff removed from the garage today.

If it helps to know, I won’t be at Alexandra Palace this year. 

Tony

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Once again I’ve struggled to get on the rmweb this morning. I logged on ok and was able to read and rate posts, but when it came to adding a post of my own, it kept timing out and I got a host error message.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Now, back to proper posts. 

Last night we went to bed early as we’d both been kept awake by of the night before strong winds. Although it didn’t take me long to go to sleep, I didn’t sleep for long, as for some strange reason I awoke at 3:30 needing a toilet break, something I never need to do, unless I’m ill, I don’t feel ill! We were then woken once again at 6:30 by strong winds and heavy rain! It’s currently sunny, but still very windy. Sheila was initially having second thoughts about going to her Zumba class, as she didn’t fancy getting soaked before she even got there, I offered her a lift, but she declined the offer. She’s just left, so I will now continue to remove the distemper from the cellar walls.

Due to the disruption to the train service I encountered during my trip to the Warley show, I don’t think I’ll get away with it for the Ally Pally Show, so I won’t be there either. 

Back later. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

Morning all.

A heavy week so far:

The wife is coming to the end of the first week in a two week wait after having IVF (actually ICSI).

The conference at my church has finished so I just have to tidy up the photos and send those off, which I'll hopefuilly be able to do this afternoon.

Up for work at 6am this morning - only two days left until a day off!

Oh, and the cat was sick in the bedroom at 5:30am this morning :/ which means I was stupidly early leaving.  Picked up petrol though - cool beans!

Edited by Sir TophamHatt
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Premium

I had trouble reacting to posts earlier and also got a host error message at which stage the site went down altogether but all seems OK now albeit a little slow. The fence repair is under way despite it being windy and I'm in the middle of this morning's job, which is cleaning out the bird boxes ready for this year's tit population. Then there is brunch and maybe, just maybe, some workshop time before round two of my root canal treatment this afternoon - yuk! Dinner tonight will be corned beef hash as it doesn't need chewing.

TTFN

Dave

Edited by Dave Hunt
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Not raining at the moment but very overcast and windy. I won't be going to Alley Pally, I had hoped to go but I didn't fancy the journey either by car or public transport. I hope GDB has put some of his win aside for plasters and bandages.

2 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

with your vast wealth now assured, please bear a thought for that wonderful and hard working charity, the Central African Sanctuary for Hippos.

anything you can donate by way of financial support is much appreciated.  Cheques can be made payable to CASH......................

Based in Nigeria?

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Premium
50 minutes ago, AndyB said:

Tony. I've heard of yellow snow and know it's something to avoid. 

Yellow wind sounds even more iffy! 

:mocking_mini:

I used to work at Bacton Gas works where Sour gas (H2S hydrogen sulphide) comes ashore in the natural gas, at 500 parts in a million it's bye bye world.. The level in the sour gas is much higher.

If you see yellow wind, respirator on.. leave  R A  P   I    D     L      Y...................

oh they've just got the chinese system online, 40 minutes to go today, the cal if it works first time, takes 14 ish hours runtime I don't think that will fit in between 07:00 and 15:00 tomorrow...

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 10
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

The palm trees here are currently hibernating under two feet of snow.

I better get moving. Con-call with my tax guy coming up. I wonder what the big surprise will be this year? Mind you, considering some of the shenanigans being played by the "high heid yins" here it's far from clear that honesty is the best policy.

• Like 6
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, AndyID said:

The palm trees here are currently hibernating under two feet of snow.

I better get moving. Con-call with my tax guy coming up. I wonder what the big surprise will be this year? Mind you, considering some of the shenanigans being played by the "high heid yins" here it's far from clear that honesty is the best policy.

I am fairly certain I have finally sorted out my tax status. It seemed to take ages and I am easily confused as to which year is which. 

However we have been on a paper trail. Aditi responded to her bank and was quite happy to invest what was basically her pension lump sum in something better than it was already. However they needed to know about our total wealth and where it came from.   So we have been tracking down letters from solicitors for statements from parents and aunties who left us money. I did have a “don’t bother we’ll just spend it “ grump last night but only to myself. 

When the money went into my bank they didn't ask for proof that it wasn’t Ill-gotten gains, but I suppose coming from solicitors or other respectable institutions they were happy.  

Tony

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Phew! No tax surprises this year. The tax guy is not cheap, but it's a small price to pay for keeping me from going completely bonkers.

Next year will be a bit more complicated. Because of my age I have to start cashing-in a percentage of my tax-deferred retirement savings, and that will be treated as taxable income.

Edited by AndyID
defferred rather than free
  • Friendly/supportive 16

5 hours ago, AndyB said:

Tony. I've heard of yellow snow and know it's something to avoid. 

Yellow wind sounds even more iffy! 

:mocking_mini:

Sounds like a managerially terrible decision to do something!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 6

Gentlepersons: (one can not be too specific these days!)

I seem to be having a problem with the new format, noticed today for the first time, with my favourite link containing "229-early-risers/?view=getnewpost" deposits me at post 1 in 2009.

Any thoughts?

• Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Gold

Greetings

It's working for now I wonder how long it will be before they total it. :butcher:

Not done much today her went out for most of it so it was peaceful I got on with the next worst job with model railways the worst being ballasting this one is putting on literary hundreds of pressfix transfers it's normally 40-50 per wagon or coach yes all my rolling stock gets attacked with detailing items some have repaints many more just get renumbered.

I should have cooked a Stir Fry tonight but she got back late and I fell asleep on the sofa where is my diner Her said In the fridge dear I got p!ssed off waiting for you, when will it be ready Her says tomorrow dear I'm not starting it now if you can be bothered to pick up your texts I asked you to pick fish & chips on the way in an hour ago, the silence is golden it stopped Her dead in Her tracks.:girldevil:  

Don't look now I've got Tony S members box sitting at the bottom of the page what a joke this site is.:rofl:

must dash :superman: Beanson Toast :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, 81C said:

Don't look now I've got Tony S members box sitting at the bottom of the page what a joke this site is.:rofl:

must dash :superman: Beanson Toast :biggrin_mini2:

I wondered where it had gone.:D

• Funny 12