RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. A bit late on parade this morning due to my watching 'Murder, mystery and my family' on the goggle box. Commiserations Baz on the loss of your Marra and thoughts are with Mals family. I've selected the garden shed that I want, galvanised steel rather than aluminium, erected and installed for less than £500, now all I have to do is arrange the concrete base. There are several mix and lay companies locally so I can get a few quotes, only 4-5 square metres are required. Thats it for now, be back later.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

And condolences Baz on the loss of your marra - always comes hard even if expected.  Hope your flight eventually gets on it way.

And at home I have found that yet again travel insurance cost has ramped up so an arm & a leg have been electronically sent off in the direction of the girl in the sailor suit for another 12month's worth of travel cover.  Alas yet another penalty of advancing years is increased travel insurance cover notwithstanding a completely claim free past; seems everybody is after a slice the grey £.    

Car is back with the garage for attention to a window switch which is throwing occasional wobblies following their dismantling of the door last week, probably come back as NFF, the term so beloved of BR Fitters back in the day.  So shopping is off the leader board for the time being but the menu dept apparently has some ideas which use what's in stock rather than what we need to get into stock.

Have a good day one and all.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

It sometimes takes 4 or 5 firm presses of the Submit Reply button to post but at least it doesn't post it twice in this updated version. 

It sometimes takes 4 or 5 firm presses of the Submit Reply button to post but at least it doesn't post it twice in this updated version. 

:D

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 16

Does anyone know how to get hold of Andy Y these days please? 

I've done two PM's to his new AY Mod link, but neither show up in my message box, so not sure if they went, if he has received them or what.

Cheers.

• Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Morning all from Estuary-Land. A bit late on parade this morning due to my watching 'Murder, mystery and my family' on the goggle box. Commiserations Baz on the loss of your Marra and thoughts are with Mals family. I've selected the garden shed that I want, galvanised steel rather than aluminium, erected and installed for less than £500, now all I have to do is arrange the concrete base. There are several mix and lay companies locally so I can get a few quotes, only 4-5 square metres are required. Thats it for now, be back later.

insulate the insides well, tin sheds create a huge amount of condensation on the inside, a good full dampproof course to keep the humidity rising, or I put a dampproof membrane across the floor (ok plastic sheet) then 1 inch polystyrene, then boarded it out..

• Like 7
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Gold
38 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Does anyone know how to get hold of Andy Y these days please? 

I've done two PM's to his new AY Mod link, but neither show up in my message box, so not sure if they went, if he has received them or what.

Cheers.

Definitely AY Mod Andy and it does work.  But I think he has been on leave for the past couple of weeks so he might have a bit of catching up to do.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 9

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon All

I've been out in the back garden to catch the last of the sun I've feed the Robins and the Blue T!ts again as they have young ones due to hatch soon gave to two fat wood pigeons

a shower to shoo them away and noticed everything that buds this time of year has sprouted tiny tips of greens and reds it's something I've not notice in recent years.

P. Thrower  :unsure:

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Been looking at the paperwork re. the PPI refund. 60% of the amount is made up of interest at 8% per annum. The actual payments I received back was about 25% of the total the remaining 15% being the interest that I paid on those payments (Added to the credit card debt). There was a bit of tax to pay on some of the 8%, at the standard rate but not much. Now all I need to do is wait for the cheque which should arrive within four weeks.

3 hours ago, TheQ said:

insulate the insides well, tin sheds create a huge amount of condensation on the inside, a good full dampproof course to keep the humidity rising, or I put a dampproof membrane across the floor (ok plastic sheet) then 1 inch polystyrene, then boarded it out..

The shed is only 4' by 5'  and fitted with ventilators. A floor (chipboard or plywood) is included in the package. It will only be used for storing gardening equipment not as a workshop.

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, Barry O said:

So welcome to the first BR Standard 4MT 4-6-0 page.

Flight left late but arrived on time due to a tailwind. Ground speed 577 mph in an A320.

View from our window at the hotel

20190325_153952.jpg

My mother wouldn’t have ever stayed in a hotel and I can imagine her saying something like “lovely beach but a bit crowded”.

• Like 6
  • Funny 12

1 hour ago, Barry O said:

So welcome to the first BR Standard 4MT 4-6-0 page.

Flight left late but arrived on time due to a tailwind. Ground speed 577 mph in an A320.

View from our window at the hotel

20190325_153952.jpg

That's a nice view over towards Leith.  As in all flights now go to Edinburgh.

Bill

• Like 1
  • Funny 14

Evening all,

Nice to see some infrequent but most welcome ERers posting. 

Not much to report today apart from a halfway decent layout idea in gestation thanks to input from others.  

A distant plan is to take Friday off - if I can keep my diary free! 

• Like 16

Well that wasn't too bad a day doing nothing much really, bit of the "G" word totally voluntary too, bit of a sprint round Lidl for the weeks veg as we've eaten all the stuff I grew and feet up. I did venture into the railway room briefly and all looks well, I intend to try and spend a bit of time in there this week after grandad duties in Perth.

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, bbishop said:

That's a nice view over towards Leith.  As in all flights now go to Edinburgh.

Bill

Bill St bleradades is NOT in Scotland?...

Baz

Edited by Barry O
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2