The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, AndyID said:

If you insist but I better wait a couple of hours. The Sun isn't anywhere near the yardarm.

Ah, but it is somewhere Andy! Just about to meander down to cast what is probably a worthless vote but I may be pleasantly surprised and I would hate to be disenfranchised. Besides, there is a pub on the way back ;-)

And as I left you all on a sort of promise earlier, here is a selection of Metcalfe's and Bachmann's finest. Sadly there is no ballast as yet, the turntable deck isn't in place and signals are somewhat in short supply.

IMG_1287.JPG

• Like 16

16 minutes ago, Kingzance said:

Besides, there is a pub on the way back ;-)

Curious! It is only there on the way back. Is it not there on the way out? Sounds magical!

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Gold

I managed a selection of childhood illnesses including whooping  cough, mumps, measles, chicken pox and also had a tonsillectomy when I was four. From what I can remember according to my late mother the most serious of those was whooping cough when I was about 2 years old.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Gold
49 minutes ago, Kingzance said:

IMG_20190324_162807456.jpg.46d04d907138a8115976d5a6d8cca7a6.jpgAh, but it is somewhere Andy! Just about to meander down to cast what is probably a worthless vote but I may be pleasantly surprised and I would hate to be disenfranchised. Besides, there is a pub on the way back ;-)

And as I left you all on a sort of promise earlier, here is a selection of Metcalfe's and Bachmann's finest. Sadly there is no ballast as yet, the turntable deck isn't in place and signals are somewhat in short supply.

IMG_1287.JPG

Don't worry about it will get done when it is done. :biggrin_mini2: 

Looks familiar. 

Edited by 81C
  • Like 10
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, Kingzance said:

Just about to meander down to cast what is probably a worthless vote but I may be pleasantly surprised and I would hate to be disenfranchised. Besides, there is a pub on the way back ;-)

You're lucky you don't live in Arizona. When we lived there you could not buy alcohol while the polling stations were open (although I think they scrapped that law a few years ago). Automobile insurance was not mandatory either, and you could walk into a bank wearing a six-shooter in a holster. Talk about the Wild West.

• Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 9

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Tony_S said:

Morning all.

It is a bit breezy here. That shouldn’t affect my painting of of ceilings.

Apparently having wind didn't affect Michelangelo's attempt at ceiling painting either.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Premium
47 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

Ya smooth talking devil!

I went, I looked...............

And now I have seen the error of my ways.

When I made stuff for sale, (on a very modest scale) I funded it all myself and then hoped to draw back my costs and hoped to make a very small profit.  This I  inevitably reinvested in more equipment, tooling etc.  I never thought to get other people to give me money to do this.

However, the big plus side was I never used to get chased by irate creditors or receive vitriolic letters or emails about my useless time management and organisational skills because nobody had any call on my time, and I did not have any of their cash.

Many years ago I had a small one-man band company called Pilgrim Models making 7mm locomotive kits and used the same business model as Hippo with the same result. Thank God neither of us tried to adopt 'modern' business methods.

Dave

• Like 12
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, tigerburnie said:

Evening all, a wee brain teaser for you, who drove KAR 120C...…………………………………………………………………………………………..be seeing you

1965 Norwich number. Anglian celebrity? A local car like a Lotus.? No idea really. 

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, tigerburnie said:

Evening all, a wee brain teaser for you, who drove KAR 120C...…………………………………………………………………………………………..be seeing you

The Prisoner AKA Patrick McGoohan. Spent two nights in The Village for SWMBO's birthday in March and watched several episodes.

Do I get a Smart*ss badge?

Dave

• Like 5
  • Funny 10

1 minute ago, Dave Hunt said:

The Prisoner AKA Patrick McGoohan. Spent two nights in The Village for SWMBO's birthday in March and watched several episodes.

Do I get a Smart*ss badge?

Dave

I just re watched the first episode on youtube, rather dated, but boy was it good at the time lol.

• Like 7
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, tigerburnie said:

The storyline was he built it himself...……………………………….

David Hasselhoff had a kit car...

• Informative/Useful 3
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, tigerburnie said:

I just re watched the first episode on youtube, rather dated, but boy was it good at the time lol.

A bit like watching Leicester Tigers a few seasons ago................

Let's hope the 'Quins have their boots tied together.

What about my badge?

Dave

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 7

11 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Don't you mean the KITT (Knight Industries Two [or Three] Thousand) car?

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

My brother bought a Clan Crusader. It wasn't really a kit. It came as three spare parts to avoid purchase tax. We assembled it in the dealer's garage in Edinburgh and drove it back to Paisley the same night.

• Like 16