RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

I had  a pleasant day on Saturday at Carlisle as two excursions with three steam locos were in the station.  Today I will go to Doncaster and probably Barnetby to search out more modern traction.

Make the best of your Mondays although it does seem a little unfair that one seventh of your life should be spent with that ‘Monday feeling’.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl, Inner Temple Hare,

Not a good night sleep . 3 hours,  long gap, 1 hour long gap , 1 hour.. each time I awoke it was to be in pain from strained joints and neeeded to find a more comfortable position. I didn't mention the rearrangement of exisiting and laying of 4 2ft by 2ft by 2 inch slabs yesterday..

On going out on patrol with Ben the Border Collie, I discovered my woolly hat... sat on the bonnet of the landrover where I had left it yesterday, Soggy... Ah well, it was due a tumble in the washer.

The Weather forecast for our open day Next Sunday in Hoveton, doesn't look too bad which should be good as the car boot in the field behind the hall, will get us lots of extra punters, who at least will swell our coffers , and maybe we might get an extra member or two.

The weather Forecast for our Big race 1st - 2nd Jun On the Norfolk Broads has changed, with it now being 7mph gusting 18, Northerly swinging round to a South westerly 4mph on the Sunday, so not a lot of change.

Work this week,  finish this major system... start another one..

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Premium

Ey up! Sunny here this morning.

Spent yesterday at Headingley watching a good game of cricket with her indoor  and a mate from the Boggle group. 

Today is tidy up the garden day, with an option of laying cork and building a control panel..

Best wishes, especially to all who ail. We are missing mor ERs and I hope thet are Ok

Baz

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

It’s quite sunny at the moment, but there are signs that it was misty earlier on. Plans for today are a tip run, I’ve amassed 4 bags of rubble from my work in the cellar. I will then put some fuel in the car and then head of for the shop in Tyldesley, (pronounced Tilsley) to buy the waterproofing solution. I will return via the big orange DIY shed, where I will purchase some bits of timber and a couple of small bags of mortar. Upon returning I will make myself a muggertea before once again making a start on the cellar, maybe getting started on applying the waterproofing solution. 

After tea the plan plan is to once again jump in the Quays at Salford and hopefully complete at least 3 laps before getting out again.

Back later

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

Well, this is an early visit before the builder arrives, then it's dog walk, LASAR, quick visit to our solicitor, as we have decided to change our wills (again).

Hopefully Rick has managed to get to work, even if that then means going home again, but then at least with official sanction for the sick absence.  And, of course, I also send generic greetings to the ailing and the celebrating.

Back later (perhaps) or tomorrow (probably)

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. A bit grey this morning but dry and forecast to brighten up later but with the (slight) possibility of a thunder storm developing. The extent of my gardening yesterday was zapping a few weeds with weedkiller and I will probably do a few more today. The patio needs a good clean so its time to break out the Karcher, once the weedkiller has done its work. Thats it for now, be back later.

• Like 15
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

The G word will no doubt beckon and a large, but light, parcel has arrived for the management.   I think the latter will involve me in affixing nesting boxes to a couple of locations but will find out if my guess is correct when she opens said parcel.

HH if you still happen t be marooned in the heathen lands of Barkshuure at the weekend some positive entertainment is available and while you're not on the list I'm sure you could be readily accommodated at Didcot on Saturday although you'd need to have a chat with somebody about the Sunday gathering at Fawley Hill.  Just a little hint which might make your journey even more worthwhile ;)

Have a good day one and all and I suppose I'd best not waste more time dealing with the brain-donor halfwits who alas appear in one or two places on this forum and instead ought to be presenting myself for daily orders.

Have a good day one and all.

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, PhilJ W said:

Morning all from Estuary-Land. A bit grey this morning but dry and forecast to brighten up later but with the (slight) possibility of a thunder storm developing. The extent of my gardening yesterday was zapping a few weeds with weedkiller and I will probably do a few more today. The patio needs a good clean so its time to break out the Karcher, once the weedkiller has done its work. Thats it for now, be back later.

Excuse my intrusion here but as a seasoned veteran of patio cleaning......block pavors,stone,concrete etc....with my trusted Stihl pressure washer,I would recommend approaching the job t’other way  round :viz jet first let it dry for 24 hours and then apply weed killer all over the area.Your jet should be able to remove existing weeds effectively.

• Like 11
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

On ‎18‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 00:00, Ozexpatriate said:

My mum was not confused about pronunciation, though in a 'strine accent it might come out more like 'wuss-ta-sheer'. She put it in her stew and her rissoles (burgers) not to mention many other things.

isn't the sauce is just pronounced "wuster" without the sheer?

• Like 10
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, The Lurker said:

isn't the sauce is just pronounced "wuster" without the sheer?

it is Worcestershire sauce but you are correct most people just say woster sauce,  which reminds me I need to get some.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Team,

Are there enough of us at Railex this Sunday, to have an ER meet?  Chris and I will be there, so THE TIE and a yellow hi-viz will be flaunted.  Richard (HH) - this is an excellent show, so if you are in the vicinity and can obtain a pass-out for good behaviour .....

Bill

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, bbishop said:

Team,

Are there enough of us at Railex this Sunday, to have an ER meet?  Chris and I will be there, so THE TIE and a yellow hi-viz will be flaunted.  Richard (HH) - this is an excellent show, so if you are in the vicinity and can obtain a pass-out for good behaviour .....

Bill

Ah! SWMBO has plans for my Sunday (some say that she had committed me) and that is why I shall be RailExing on Saturday - it would have been nice to put faces to names Bill.

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

I won't be there Bill as I'm due to be at Fawley on Sunday. That is of course if all goes well this week and I have windows in all apertures in the house by then. :whistle:

It seems to be going well with one bedroom, the landing and the loo being done today.

The Boss seems to think that as soon as they've finished I will start redecorating. Huh, I have already exercised my veto on that! :yes:

• Like 18

1 hour ago, bbishop said:

Team,

Bill

I'll ask The Tie if he is free.  That barmaid in Bracknell rather liked him ...

Chris

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

I managed to adopt a successful alternative approach with my sautéed mushrooms for my lunch time snack.  Lacking various preferred alternatives a teaspoon size dollop of Dijon mustard was added and a small slosh of sherry also went in (because I couldn't find the port).   Although lacking double cream (none in the fridge) the end result was more than satisfactory so other variants may be tried in the future.

Edited by The Stationmaster
  • Like 14
  • Informative/Useful 3

We have flood warnings and it seems it is persisting it down in Forfar, but we have blue skies, so I cancelled my fishing trip for nothing really, oh well the greenhouse is looking good with tomatoes and chilies growing in profusion, butternut squashes are also growing and the sweetcorn is finally growing sporadically. Flowers have been sown, but I'm a veg gardener, so no idea how they will do.

• Like 19