The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Busy old day on Grandad duties in Perth, the town is a mass of road works just now, barely a road that is fully open it seems, diversions everywhere, we lived there briefly when first migrating north, nice city, but a fair few shops gone and no takers, just no money about plus internet killing off the businesses I guess. Some threatening looking clouds and a bit foggy outside, I will see what the morning brings before deciding on what to do, but the grass is almost visible in it's growing, so that will need attacking at some point.

G'night all

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 4

Evening awl,

I may be alone in this, but I don't think we should be offering lifestyle advise to Chris.  He is in a complex emotional situation, which may be affecting his mental and physical well being.  We should "listen" to him and give him all our support.  

Bill

• Like 2
  • Agree 15
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, bbishop said:

I don't think we should be offering lifestyle advise to Chris.  He is in a complex emotional situation, which may be affecting his mental and physical well being.  We should "listen" to him and give him all our support.

Bill, I do agree with you, but I hope Chris understands that any and all advice proffered from the ER community was done so in a spirit of being supportive. That said, it may not be 'right' for Chris. We are not in his shoes.

• Agree 9
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. 

4 hours ago, Tony_S said:

A couple of years ago we were in Wengen in Switzerland. The hotel had a notice (only in English) that stated that there was no air conditioning and as a typical Alpine hotel they suggested opening the window.

Intended for American tourists rather than British methinks.

• Like 4
  • Agree 4

Morning All,

It looks as if it may get quite warm later on.  However, at the moment it is mild, with a light mist.

There isn't a lot else to report, so I guess it is time for a coffee!

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

It’s another dull start to the day, but if today goes like yesterday, it should brighten up. Breakfast has now been consumed and Sheila is in the kitchen getting her stuff ready for her Zumba class. Once she’s gone, I’ll make a start on applying the first coat of waterproofing solution to the cellar walls. Whilst it’s drying I’ll then start packing out the main door frame, followed by making a new, enlarged frame for the now bigger access door. 

Back later

• Like 17

Morning awl,

Apologies for any pomposity last night.

Just done my bit for democracy.  Quite a long ballot paper of nine "parties" and twelve independents.  I voted d'Hondt..

Phoned by a John Lewis bot, my delivery will be between 14:33 and 16:33 - love the precision.  So a day of the g word and the m word.  Keep well awl,  Bill

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Morning all, dull and dreary here(and it's not much better outside lol),SWMBO has the lurgy, made worse by the immune system suppressants she takes, so a quiet day is forecast, I have some final running of trains on the old Great Central prior to it's dismantling to do, which should start soon. Have a nice day, weekends almost here...…………..

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 3