RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Done some gardening of sorts, cleaned the moss and weeds out of the paving bricks of the front path using the prong/wire brush on the end of a broomstick device. Also removed some poppy seedlings that had also invaded the path. A few poppy plants appeared in my garden a few years ago now they are everywhere. I have been informed of an old car rally at Southend on Sunday so I will almost certainly be going there, though I expect the A127 to be busy.  

• Like 16

Evening awl,

I shall be bending your collective ears about a replacement computer, but not tonight as I've already run the bath.  Early to bed as I'm up at the crack of dawn to Lord's.  I have to kick a final charge into the SJA radios.  Meanwhile I have Mahler 7 on the radio.

Keep well all.

Bill

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, PhilJ W said:

. I have been informed of an old car rally at Southend on Sunday so I will almost certainly be going there, though I expect the A127 to be busy.  

We will be heading the opposite way on Sunday to Enfield. However there is a pageant of motoring event in Enfield so we will need to choose our route. Probably not via the A10.

We had said we would visit MiL for lunch but our nephew who lives in Germany is home for a week so lunch is at Aditi’s sister’s house round the corner from MiL. Last time her children moved a venue MiL got a bit annoyed but it seems ok this time. 

Hopefully the man will come to do the rescheduled “Smart Repair” on my car tomorrow. 

We have had chips twice today. We parked outside the chip shop while Aditi collected stuff the chemist. I think the aroma primed her brain to suggest stopping on the way back (from the recycling centre). The portions were huge so we had the ones we couldn’t eat tonight. 

Tony

• Like 15
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, bbishop said:

Evening awl,

I shall be bending your collective ears about a replacement computer, but not tonight as I've already run the bath.  Early to bed as I'm up at the crack of dawn to Lord's.  I have to kick a final charge into the SJA radios.  Meanwhile I have Mahler 7 on the radio.

Keep well all.

Bill

For anyone to advise on a suitable computer Bill, we would need to know what you want to do with it. That impacts on a range of items that can be specified but please enjoy Mahler without my meanderings and Lords tomorrow - as I hope to enjoy Aylesbury!

• Like 14
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

Evening all,

Congrats to Gemma - does this mean she now gets to play with the really big aeroplanes (sorry - airplanes)?    We have just celebrated the Good doctor's latest orbit and she's away from Tuesday sampling dubious delights of some more south easterly parts of Europe.  Apparently a coach trip to Chernobyl is on her itinerary, ah well should save on the electric bills when she gets home and breathes on the light bulbs.

KZ I hope you manage to find a parking space and don't flake out in the heat at Railex tomorrow - it gets quite warm inside that building on sunny days.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Evening awl, 

Just early back from the MRC,  as everybody had packed up their layouts for transport to the venue tomorrow by 20:30, so we had some choccy cake thanks to a member's birthday, a coffee, told a few stories,  than came home. 

Glasgow and to the south of there had a Gaelic speaking population,  which was a combination of Irish coming over for work and Highlanders moving into the area for the same reason. 

Of course that was the kingdom of Strathclyde , a Welsh speaking area at one time with the last native speakers dying out in the early 1600s..

• Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 5

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

Knopfler worked a treat Baz. Not a single word of complaint from Dad and he even asked who it was playing! Next time I take him out I might try the Mark Knopfler and Chet Atkins album.

One of my favourites is Mark Knopfler with James Taylor singing about arriving to survey the Mason-Dixon Line.

Thanks Mike re thermal warnings :D. Chilled water will be accompanying me and I hope your weekend goes well too.

Almost out of solar-powered lights to install here, all glowing nicely now and following the guidance of Dave, I'm about to pour a small measure and do a jigsaw.

Goodnight all.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Interesting reading until I reached this bit. Giving this man any credibilty made me stop reading.

Even Donald Trump, who is one of the most experienced property developers in New York City, stated that the building could only have been brought down by explosive as "planes would never be able to penetrate the steel beams." 

https://killuminatinews.blogspot.com/2019/01/cia-agent-gives-sworn-statement-we.html?fbclid=IwAR1L2i_s_GcWJFSw1DdxliTQxmN1cIocabRKxvoUhji0WSWIGfE7zud3lUE&m=1

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

The weather changed a little from the sunshine this morning, by late afternoon it was starting to get a little cloudy. The change in the weather has meant that my wetsuit isn’t quite dry, but it’s not far off. 

This morning’s shopping trip was uneventful, but I managed to get all that was on the list. I especially enjoyed the pastie at dinner time. 

We we decided to have a lazy afternoon, so we sat in front of the idiots lantern and catch up on some of this week’s Chelsea flower show. There are some lovely gardens, but many are a bit too out there for me. We’ll just have to see what transpires at this year’s Tatton flower show, when we go in July. Being RHS members means that we can go on the Wednesday, the day before the show opens to the public. We did this last year for the first time and it really was a lot quieter. 

Ian. Congratulations to Jemma.

Goodnight all 

• Like 16

1 hour ago, Ian Abel said:

She has had a couple of friends flowing to Delta before her who went straight on to the B767, which is something she'd like to fly, as they use them from here to the UK, Paris and other European destinations. She'd like to fly long-haul given the chance.

Someone I know joined British Airways on leaving the British military and, because of his previous experience, started off flying long-haul. Almost as soon as he could, he transferred to European routes. He said he found long-haul, especially transatlantic, incredibly boring. 

• Like 10
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

1 hour ago, TheQ said:

Why I never clean the rest of the outside of the car,  when you're surrounded by farmers fields and the tarmac road is normally covered in mud there is little point.. 

And if the muck is thick enough it absorbs radar :)

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 10

1 hour ago, lightengine said:

Interesting reading until I reached this bit. Giving this man any credibilty made me stop reading.

Even Donald Trump, who is one of the most experienced property developers in New York City, stated that the building could only have been brought down by explosive as "planes would never be able to penetrate the steel beams." 

https://killuminatinews.blogspot.com/2019/01/cia-agent-gives-sworn-statement-we.html?fbclid=IwAR1L2i_s_GcWJFSw1DdxliTQxmN1cIocabRKxvoUhji0WSWIGfE7zud3lUE&m=1

I better not post what I'm thinking.

• Agree 9
  • Funny 4

1 hour ago, TheQ said:

Glasgow and to the south of there had a Gaelic speaking population,  which was a combination of Irish coming over for work and Highlanders moving into the area for the same reason. 

Of course that was the kingdom of Strathclyde , a Welsh speaking area at one time with the last native speakers dying out in the early 1600s..

According to this (I know, I know!) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galwegian_Gaelic , Gaelic replaced Cumbric (Welsh-like) in Galloway by the twelfth century and survived there into the sixteenth century and possibly later in isolated places. It was Gaelic-speaking during Bruce's time.

I don't know if it's still the case, but in the 1960s and 1970s, the unofficial centre of Gaelic culture in Glasgow was the Park Bar near the Kelvingrove Art Gallery.

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 11

2 hours ago, TheQ said:

Why I never clean the rest of the outside of the car,  when you're surrounded by farmers fields and the tarmac road is normally covered in mud there is little point.. 

I just scrape the moss off  once a year. . . 

Goodnight everyone. . . . Sleep well.

John

• Like 7
  • Funny 9

44 minutes ago, pH said:

According to this (I know, I know!) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galwegian_Gaelic , Gaelic replaced Cumbric (Welsh-like) in Galloway by the twelfth century and survived there into the sixteenth century and possibly later in isolated places. It was Gaelic-speaking during Bruce's time.

I don't know if it's still the case, but in the 1960s and 1970s, the unofficial centre of Gaelic culture in Glasgow was the Park Bar near the Kelvingrove Art Gallery.

According to my brother our great-granny lived on Arran. There might have been a Gaelic speaking community there at that time - mid nineteenth century.

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 6