Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

9 hours ago, 81C said:

Here is Zeus 11 weeks old now house trained and sits on command and he's the size of a whippet .

I don't suppose they bought him from some folks named Baskerville?

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl, Inner Temple Hare, in body if not in Spirit,

An awful nights sleep first awaking just 1 hour after going to sleep, a very poor night waking  up every few minutes..

Zeus... Those paws look big, I suspect he will, like Zeus, tower over all..

For the first time, the builders are in here before me, clatering around next door.  They were in yesterday, but what they are doing I can't see from here..

Large amounts of pretty coloured lines and marks have appeared on the road on my normal route home, I suspect it will be soon time to divert down some country lanes, long before I reach that point.

I could hear the Scottish schools have broken up for their summer holidays,, every other person the the local Tess and co's was speaking in a very northern accent..

100.01085 MOhms first reading...

One thing I thought of in the awaking hours, now I've found my angle grinder I could cut the keel myself and save many pounds.. I'll need to buy some quality blades though..

Time to....  go look at prices while the next reading settles..

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from a still sunny place.    A lot of gardening got done yesterday, hedges were duly trimmed and then Beth and I carried on weeding the border in front of the house.   I extracted another 3 Cotoneaster bushes without uprooting any of the roses they were entwined with.  I got quite a bit of drawing done for the planning permission application that I need to submit for the en suite.   An hour lazing in the pool followed then in the evening we sat out with a glass or two of local distilled liquid produce.   We were able to watch a great moonrise and talked about our experiences and thoughts 50 years ago.

This morning for some obscure reason we went out for a bike ride at 8am.  That was lovely in the morning sun but also pleasantly cool.  Very little traffic about.  Breakfast has now been taken.   Beth is now about to depart for the delights of Intermarche and I need to get a shower and brush my teeth ready for my next appointment with the fangmender.     More plan drawing this afternoon.  I want to get the package complete to submit on Thursday.   It's nice to be able to use my modelling acquired drawing skills to do something for the household as a whole.  Whether or not this results in the issue of some brownie points remains to be seen.

Regards to all.

Jamie

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium
44 minutes ago, Barry O said:

Any news from Bill?

Baz

He posted yesterday in a topic about the World Cricket Final.

Morning All

First off, still hoping that Rick is the bearer of good news, otherwise generic greetings are on offer from this quarter for all who are ailing or celebrating.

Not a lot to report here. 

Back later/tomorrow.

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium
44 minutes ago, Barry O said:

Any news from Bill?

Baz

He posted yesterday in a topic about the World Cricket Final.

Morning All

First off, still hoping that Rick is the bearer of good news, otherwise generic greetings are on offer from this quarter for all who are ailing or celebrating.

Not a lot to report here. 

Back later/tomorrow.

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Well after yesterday’s sunny start, we’re back to dull again. Breakfast has been consumed and very shortly I’ll set off for the Sainsbury’s Grand Prix. Upon my return I’ll pack away all the ill gotten goods shopping and make myself a muggertea. A short while later Sheila will head off to the hairdressers leaving me to sort out what is required for tomorrow’s day out. This is probably for the best as I’m far better at packing, especially if we want to eat said stuff. 

Back later. 

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium
On 14/07/2019 at 23:35, newbryford said:

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out. 
When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game

What's "baseball"?

And that is why they call a five-day match a “test” :jester:

• Like 3
  • Funny 15

• RMweb Premium

Just to let ER's know. I spoke to Bill yesterday and he was in good spirits. Very grateful for the support that ge has received from ER's by various routes, and hopes to be posting on here again soon.

Jamie

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold
35 minutes ago, bbishop said:

A difficult to find pulse, which was changing ball by ball, but finally enough beats to record a figure which was nearly replicated by the Paramedic's lifepack

Reminds me of when Aditi was in hospital before Matthew was born. The staff had quite a job getting a response from the foetal heartbeat monitor. Also he didn’t “kick” as much as they would have liked. The midwives said he needed waking up. So Aditi had to hold one of those large portable radios against her abdomen. The doctors noticed occasional approx 3 minute gaps. I put this down to the baby only liking rock music not ballads. The usual programme at testing time was the Radio 1 roadshow. 

Tony

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Great to see you back Bill and sorry the way things turned out Rick, better luck next time. I will have to take a look at the cricket world cup thread, I've signed up to 'follow' the thread. Not a lot else, be back later.

• Like 12
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
On 14/07/2019 at 23:43, AndyID said:

The film "Anastasia" was on TV here last night. There are some nice railway sequences when Bergman and Bryner are on their way to Denmark (post-war I suspect). The Paris Metro also makes an appearance in the background in some of the shots but the motive force might well be bits of string. Reasonably convincing none the less.

The film was shot in Copenhagen, Paris and 'London' (actually including Knebworth but possibly elsewhere in London). 

• Informative/Useful 13

18 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

After a really beautiful weekend, showers came in overnight. That's twice now since the 4th of July - the point at which we can usually count on no precipitation for the balance of the summer. At least temperatures are very pleasant.

Of course cloudiness can be anticipated at any time of year at the coast. The Pacific Northwest is where people put more clothes on to go to the beach. The weirdest Oregon coast summer weather I experienced was a dense, hot fog right on the beach. Clear on dry land, clear at sea, but a dense layer of stifling fog over the surf and the beach.

I don't know which way you are headed to Eugene, but if you drive south along the coast to Florence and take highway 34 you will pass under this bridge modelled by an RMwebber.

let's hope the weather gets it out of its system - we're headed in that general direction in a couple of week's time. We're staying in Newport, but not going to Eugene. Sadly we wont be barhopping a la roundhouse because we will have the kids with us!.

Greetings from a beautifully sunny LBG. Work goes slowly - loads to get done but I can't seem to get traction on a lot if it. And I need to leave it in a reasonably advanced stage when I go on holiday....!

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 16

2 hours ago, Ian Abel said:

Chewsday...

Bit of a setback on the new house/moving front yesterday early evening as there was a huge storm here and we discovered there is some water coming in from the basement foundation in the bathroom  :(

Meeting with the contractor in an hour to see if he has any ideas and a solution (Hopefully that doesn't cost too much $$$).

Days after we first purchased the house we noticed some water after a heavy rain, in the same spot, but were assured by the real estate agent that it wasn't something that had occurred before. The renters never mentioned seeing anything either, but there definitely is some sort of problem that needs fixing <sigh>.

Has left the Mrs rather frustrated and depressed at the thought of moving into a place that has water issues, so depending on what the contractor says, we may be postponing the move this weekend, not sure yet!

Other than that, nothing much to report. We are dog-sitting Whitney again as Jemma is off on a three day trip this week.

20 already getting the newspaper, headed for another steamy 32 high and more storms possible :(

Chin up.

That's not nice. We had a similar issue with our house in NJ and the solution turned out to be extremely expensive. The house was built in 1952 and the foundation was cracked. I'm pretty sure the previous owners knew there was a problem but by the time we found out it was too late to go after them.

I don't know how long you have in MN but I'd suggest you talk to a lawyer immediately.

• Agree 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 6
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Its SEERS test track night tonight so I've dug out my London Underground stock for a try out. The reason for the London stock is the test track will be attending the Southend show and the theme will be 'District Line 150'. Thats it for now, be back later.

• Like 18

3 hours ago, Ian Abel said:

The renters never mentioned seeing anything either, but there definitely is some sort of problem that needs fixing

Most renters are unreliable informers regarding such things. They don't want to have the landlord around, or to have their lives disrupted by contractors. If they can live with a problem they probably will.

• Agree 6
  • Informative/Useful 4