The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Happy anniversary to Andy and Mrs. ID. No need to worry about getting up late Debs, its 'Lay-in Sunday' for many ER's. The latest edition of Bylines arrived on Friday and I see that they have Chris back in harness. Quite a few other interesting items as well including some interesting self propelled hopper cars used by Fords in their Dagenham plant. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Debs. said:

A Mum and her Daughter: the former a nonagenarian, the latter with post-neurosurgical issues, a long overdue IKEA flatpack build and a Sunday afternoon........what could go wrong?:rolleyes:

20190825_111902.jpg

Hi Debs

Good to see you back. You have been very much missed by the people here.

In theory as both of you being female means that you will read the instructions rather than hide them and ignore them as do the males of the species apparently do if we are to believe the gender behaviour stereotypes. 

Now with my nursey hat on (not that I ever had to wear one) if you are in Britain then it is supposed to be a scorcher today ( anything over 20c is a scorcher to me and im allergic to ultraviolet light) with temps reaching 31c. Make sure you drink additional fluids (not alcoholic ones though! ) in addition to the 3litres we are supposed to consume daily.  Don't forget the sun cream and hats either.

Keep yourself safe people! Dehydration is not pleasant and can be life threatening. 

Nat

• Like 15
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Afternoon all.

We have checked out of the hotel but their foyer is cool and we don’t need to set off to he docks yet.......

Bon voyage, Tony and Aditi.......`looking forward to the travelogue pictures. :bye:

• Like 6
  • Agree 11
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, Debs. said:

Bon voyage, Tony and Aditi.......`looking forward to the travelogue pictures. :bye:

Now at the Ocean Terminal. There are dogs checking in too! There are kennels on board. They transport cats also. 

• Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Absolutely great to have Debs right in here again, and still showing your inimitable humour - you have a pretty good idea from posts, PMs and messages via John just how much you've been missed.  John, hope you and Sandy manage to visit Hailes Abbey and also enjoy it.

And to everybody else, heneric greetings.

Again, an ER this morning, as we were off to two car boots, then two charity shops - both car boots were rammed with sellers, and buyers who were not buying much.

Now having a rest while 30747's niece gives her a tutorial on her tablet.

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. The package I was expecting had arrived at the sorting office on Thursday, however duty was payable on it and I received a grey card. I went to pay the duty on line by Paypal only for a notice to come up transaction invalid. So I tried to pay with my bank card with the same result. When I went to my e-mails the notification from Paypal was there confirming payment? I paid the duty (again) and I am going to cancel the Paypal payment. I think the second payment from my account didn't go through as I aborted it before the process finished.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Premium

Absolutely , i am

Knackered,  that is. 

Much brambles,  cleared, 

Too hot,  it is.. 

Bonfire after,  since wind was, away from Neighbours newly re thatched house. 

Various items, cleared, from under brambles, 

Old wooden planter, deconstructed , compost / soil recovered.

Home made Chinese spare ribs and vegetables eaten, 

Can of cider,  being consumed. 

Bridge to far,  on TV,  

End of  film, may be, to far,  eyelids may be inspected.. 

LA Tonkinois,  arrived, has not, 

amazon,  informs they are working with carrier

Carrier,  I think has lost it.. 

Message.. End of.. 

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium
25 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

I knew I was right not to watch the cricket!  :yes: No curse of GDB striking today!

I listened to the last few minutes which was excrutiating.  Try listening to Test Cricket and trying to close your ears whilst each ball was played.   However some prayers must have been answered and if Tony and Aditi meet any Australians on their travels they can gloat.

Jamie

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Tony_S said:

Now at the Ocean Terminal. There are dogs checking in too! There are kennels on board. They transport cats also. 

"A varied menu comprising fresh food is on offer at the many restaurants on board"

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

I listened to the last few minutes which was excruciating.  Try listening to Test Cricket and trying to close your ears whilst each ball was played.   However some prayers must have been answered and if Tony and Aditi meet any Australians on their travels they can gloat.

Jamie

In respect of a Duke Ball, Willow and Whites, I took on board GDB's admonishments assuming they probably also applied to me. I briefly updated myself of the game's status at lunch before I was dragged out by SWMBO (a chauffeur's life is never done you know). I returned and switched on to see Jofra's dismissal and thought that we were doomed then, loudly berating the much vaunted strength in depth in our batting. When Broad went shortly after (us being 9 down then and needing three quarters of a century), I was so sure the game and The Ashes were up that I remained watching - after all and as GDB would no doubt have said, "my bad luck has already resulted in the loss". Just a few overs later and I have to say that I have seen some of a one of the greatest ever test innings. My ghast was well and truly flabbered as a certain Francis Howerd was known to say!

There is no doubt that tonight's English lamb chump chops, English runner beans and English potatoes will be enjoyed to their fullest, nor will I be imbibing an Aussie Shiraz with that either. Of course I recognise one swallow doesn't make a summer and there are two more matches at Old Trafford and The Oval, but one can dream surely? By the way, don't call me Shirley.

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold
59 minutes ago, AndyID said:

Will they be confined to the poop deck?

Strangely enough their area is on a raised deck at the aft end. 

Only their owners are allowed to visit the kennels. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 10

2 hours ago, Kingzance said:

There is no doubt that tonight's English lamb chump chops, English runner beans and English potatoes will be enjoyed to their fullest, nor will I be imbibing an Aussie Shiraz with that either. Of course I recognise one swallow doesn't make a summer and there are two more matches at Old Trafford and The Oval, but one can dream surely? By the way, don't call me Shirley.

Surely that should be New Zealand Lamb?

John

• Like 2
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Just been watching the 'remade missing episodes' of Dads Army, well the first one anyway. Not bad but IMHO they failed to capture the frantic anarchy of the original. Perhaps it was highlighted because it followed one of the most famous episodes with Philip Madoc as the U-Boat captain (Dont tell him Pike!). The other two remakes are over the next couple of days, I will probably watch them.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 5

• RMweb Gold
50 minutes ago, Two_sugars said:

Surely that should be New Zealand Lamb?

John

In this case John, locally reared lamb, locally slaughtered and i watched it being butchered so deffo not kiwi. I always thought Alan Lamb (mate of ITBotham) was Sarf Afrikan anyway.

Edited by Kingzance
  • Like 15