Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

And Good afternoon all.

As far as prescriptions are concerned we have a very simple system - they are ordered at the Tesco pharmacy and then they appear at the Tesco pharmacy a few days later.  Usually takes a bout 3 (surgery) working days from order to supply but if I 'forget' to use the repeat prescription form and give my order vebally it is emailed to the surgery and often appears the next day if teh timing is right.  Problems do sometimes occur but - as with the current one where the script from the surgery to Tesco was incorrect so I got the wrong stuff - the Tesco pharmacists are pretty good at sorting things out as indeed are the better members of the pharmacy counter staff.  It's good system as parking is easier at Tesco than in the town plus we are in there most days for a newspaper if nothing else so no complaints and the GP seems to have a higher opinion of several of Tesco's pharmacists than of others in the town (and the pharmacy next to the surgery closed last month).

Latest research stuff quickly dealt with thanks to an excellent source I was put in touch with by a contact so that repaid a favour I did for somebody last year.  A bonfire is planned when we get some light rain  but so far today's rain has been far too heavy - I have suitable ignition material so a drop of rain shouldn't be a problem and the bonfire heap is covered and does need t be dealt with before any hibernators move into it.

John sorry to hear that Sandy has had to go into the hospice - thoughts are with you both.

• Like 8
  • Agree 8
  • Friendly/supportive 3

6 minutes ago, roundhouse said:

Afternoon from a pub near home. Think that I deserved a few beers. Meeting other half soon assuming her GW Worm is on time. Meeting another( occassoinal) rmwebber and long time friend in our local Harveys pub later assuming he is let out of child care.

She'd canoptjyst about completed just as t by e heavy rain came so that was lucky. Just guttering etc to do. Managed to get the frame up by myself with a bit of  planning.

No crust earning done today though but at least parts from USA have been ordered to be collected over there to avoid the Post office handling which would double the cost of the parts.

20191008_153329.jpg

Nice canopy. I couldn't get away with one like that here. After 18 inches of snow it would be a goner.

• Like 5
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. John, very sorry to hear that Sandy has had to go into a hospice. All for the best really as its no good for either of you if you knacker yourself caring for her. At a local fair a few years ago the local hospice had a stand. They were asking the question would you rather die at home, in a hospital or in a hospice? Of course it depends on individual circumstances and changes thereof but its still a tricky one to answer.

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

11 hours ago, Barry O said:

Now a bit of forward planning. Is anyone going to Warley this year?

I aim to be there Saturday and have already proposed a gathering at the Spoons on the thread:

• Like 9

2 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

Is Nuneaton safe?

Hi 

Is Nuneaton safe? That is a question we all ask ourselves here... At least it seems a bit safer than the Hill of Tiles which has had police raids and shootings and nearby Kelly has continued to sleep and had no idea...

As for that Typhoon, all being well it will be Hillmorton and Long Buckby that it heads towards.... 

It is that windy here anyway then I doubt that I would notice the arrival of a typhoon or any other wind based weather....

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

41 minutes ago, Natalie said:

Hi 

As for that Typhoon, all being well it will be Hillmorton and Long Buckby that it heads towards.... 

Please, not Hillmorton!

• Funny 12

12 hours ago, tigerburnie said:

Just a quick check in to let you know I'm still alive and kicking, grandkids go home later today, boy do I need a rest, I was in bed asleep at eight last night

But were the grandkids?

• Agree 2
  • Funny 13

1 hour ago, Natalie said:

The thing that seems to cause issues is getting hold of my HRT as apparently supplies of it are currently patchy.

Nat (not Kelly!!)

x

My mate's wife's HRT always comes in patches. . . . 

John

• Funny 12

• RMweb Premium

Evening to most.

John, seems like Sandy is in the best place for her and you at the moment.

Her indoors volunteers for the local Sue Ryder hospice (she sorts donations for selling to the public) . It all helps to keep the Hospice provide lots of support to people who really need it.

In other matters trip to Edinburghaccomplished. Very windy but sunny for most of the journey. The A1 was quite quiet ..even the single carriageway section was quiet until we followed a tractor foe a mile or three.

John, i may be able to make a meet up..but not in Wetherspoons as I have to be  sober talking withthe paying public.

Thanks for those who say they are visiting..and..Dr Debs...be there or be square!!

Having had a pint in the oldest pub in Scotland (The Sheeps Heid, Duddington) I will now undertaking some eywlid inspection!!

Baz

• Like 15

10 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

Many many years ago (1976), I won a £30 record voucher with which I bought many LP's. One was a boxed set of 4 Mike Oldfield platters. They have all been well played.  One of my favourite bits is the b side of Hergest Rodge where a very inebriated  Viv Stanshall leads a tour of the Manor playing various instruments  at 2.30am.  

I can't remember what else I got but think it included Mozart's horn concertos  and sone Bach cantatas which include Watchet Auf along with the boxed set of the concert for Bangladesh.  I think the store let me puck a couple if extras.

Jamie

Records or "Vinyl",  which is the buzzword these days, is having an upsurge in these parts with shops actually selling both new and used.  I'm sure glad I kept my radiogram and cassette player, which I'm glad to say work perfectly.  I have too many good records  and cassettes to toss or ignore.  What is better, there is now a demand whereupon a few years ago, you couldn't give them away!

Brian.

• Like 12
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1