RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning All

bright and sunny

I slept well last night having been up early for the Pendon visit yesterday the drive home was tiresome so many idiots rushing around at that time of day.

The rugby has been watched laundry started 3 loads and no where to hang it 2 today and 1 tomorrow to make it easier.

Out with a lady tonight for dinner and again tomorrow for a drink or two.

have a good weekend :superman: Juan Sheet.:biggrin_mini2:

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon,

Two doses of rugby watched, enjoyed first more than second but let’s see what tomorrow brings.
In response to an HH question a couple of pages back, my pigeon pellet feeder is an SMK19 with a Hawke scope. As I only ever use it for the pot, access to deceased parrots pigeons is necessary and that means bringing them down over the building site isn’t allowable in my book. Weather here ain’t too bad so will be couping de gras (hopefully for the last time this year) once a bacon and egg sandwich has been cooked and devoured. This evening sees a village quiz with fish n chip supper plus a few glasses of amber liquid.

Ironing was never my forte, even when at sea. I found the mass of a younger Kingzance spread via a mattress onto cloths that required flattening lodged between brown paper usually served the purpose. later in my briney career, I had “staff who did”. I do hold a provisional for washing machines and hold a full license to repair and reset domestic devices - that is as far as I wish to go! Follically, I am more a GDB than a Debs.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Ground frame loosely in place,  1/3 of marquee  framework assembled,  all  Parts counted and laid out near their place. 

Trailer doors installed,  forgot to get enough bolts,  now ordered. 

First coat of paint done. 

Sarney eaten,  eyelid inspection beckons. 

• Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Over an hour of eyelid inspection followed by taking Ben I love the beach collie to his favourite place.

Being of ex military persuasion I do hold a certificate in Ironing, though the SWO didn't think so.  It doesn't matter how good your ironing is, in the military if your shape isn't that the uniform was designed for.  These days it's just a white shirt for going out in,  work is Polo shirts,  and those trousers are sow in seam workman's .

I take great care of my kilts,  having to iron one of them is real hard hard work

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Kingzance said:

In response to an HH question a couple of pages back, my pigeon pellet feeder is an SMK19 with a Hawke scope. As I only ever use it for the pot, access to deceased parrots pigeons is necessary and that means bringing them down over the building site isn’t allowable in my book.

Unless you have permission to shoot over the site, which I presume is not your property, it isn't allowed full stop.

Firing over another person's land without permission is deemed to be trespass and you can be prosecuted for it (civil offence) or worse, have your rifle(s) taken away and destroyed by plod.

• Agree 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 9

12 hours ago, BR60103 said:

We have them in both bathrooms. They have Ground Fault Circuit Interrupterrs in them. But they're 120V.

A single GFI outlet costs less than $20 and it can protect all the "downstream" outlets connected to it so there isn't much of a reason to not use them here. Easy to retrofit on old circuits too but only on radial distribution systems. Ring mains systems are a bit different of course.

• Like 10
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Badoom-tish, Debs!

A full day of running about with SWMBO, lunch in the Big City, shopping then home to re-organise the woodstores after a delivery yesterday.  The suppliers cut to length with military precision, but we split them again lengthways as they're a bit big for our burner - we end up melting.  So the existing wood in the store which is all split has to come out, the newly delivered to be split another time, and the old stacked in front of it.  One day we'll make a bigger store to enable it all to be rotated properly!

It rained of course.

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 2

2 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

Badoom-tish, Debs!

A full day of running about with SWMBO, lunch in the Big City, shopping then home to re-organise the woodstores after a delivery yesterday.  The suppliers cut to length with military precision, but we split them again lengthways as they're a bit big for our burner - we end up melting.  So the existing wood in the store which is all split has to come out, the newly delivered to be split another time, and the old stacked in front of it.  One day we'll make a bigger store to enable it all to be rotated properly!

It rained of course.

Obviously you need a second store. Then you will be Neil Twosheds.

I've often thought it would be an idea to get a second dishwasher. That way you'd never have to put the dishes away. Might the same principle be applied to laundering?

Answers in an unmarked brown envelope and enclosed ten-bob note.

Unrelated I just found out Wyatt Earp was a depity-sheriff in this county, but only briefly.

• Funny 17

• RMweb Premium
36 minutes ago, AndyID said:

A single GFI outlet costs less than $20 and it can protect all the "downstream" outlets connected to it so there isn't much of a reason to not use them here. Easy to retrofit on old circuits too but only on radial distribution systems. Ring mains systems are a bit different of course.

Put the whole circuit on a GFI breaker.  Four of the circuits in my house are on them.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Informative/Useful 7

14 minutes ago, J. S. Bach said:

Put the whole circuit on a GFI breaker.  Four of the circuits in my house are on them.

You can certainly do that, but sometimes it's convenient to have the GFI in the same room as the branch it's protecting. It's also sometimes better to protect branches off a single breaker independenty. That makes it less likely your PC will get bricked when somebody plugs in an electric kettle during a Windows update.

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, Barry O said:

Caught up a bit on the rugby...could  will be a different game in the semi fi al!

There you go Baz, fixed that for you.

England looked pretty good but NZ (as usual) seem to be in a league of their own.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 7
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, AndyID said:

You can certainly do that, but sometimes it's convenient to have the GFI in the same room as the branch it's protecting. It's also sometimes better to protect branches off a single breaker independenty. That makes it less likely your PC will get bricked when somebody plugs in an electric kettle during a Windows update.

Its all about discrimination Andy. A trip that operates at a fault current of 30mA should go out on a fault current of 30mA, wherever it is in the circuit. If you have one trip connected downstream of another and both are rated at the same fault level, either or both could operate. There is no protection from the dreaded Windows updates unless you have a separate generation / storage / distribution system dedicated to such (routine :D) tasks!

• Like 7
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, AndyID said:

A single GFI outlet costs less than $20 and it can protect all the "downstream" outlets connected to it.

I did not know that!

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

England looked pretty good but NZ (as usual) seem to be in a league of their own.

Did you not think that Ireland allowed the ABs to appear superhuman? That said, they play as a total team, all able to cover for any other.

• Like 6
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Yes, Ireland certainly didn't play anywhere near their best which allowed NZ a lot of freedom. I don't think England will be as easy  but then again it all depends which England turns up. I've seen them crash and burn on too many occasions in the past when they shouldn't have done.

• Like 6
  • Agree 4