The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
52 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

... they'd be about 60-70 years old.

With appendages in different places! When I did F1 and other high level race marshalling, most of the grid girls were great personalities but few stood up to close inspection - they probably said the same about we marshals!

Yours

Dan G Leebitz

• Like 1
  • Funny 15

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, Ian Abel said:

HUMP day, or not, for me POETT since tomorrow is the fabled Thanksgiving Day and my company add Friday after as a company holiday :)

Connection to the client now somewhat "resolved", though to be fair, they still don't actually understand what they're doing - I'm now told that even though the database server now has a new address, all my reports/dashboards should work just fine sicne they appear to be running - UM, the OLD server is still there and they are pointing to THAT so I need to change every place that connection is defined - to which the current response was "can you check the reports that are running OK". What????? They are there, they run, they are accessing the old database that is no longer being updated, what part of that don't they understand? Oh well, I'm taking most of today off, so won't be bothered until Monday, by which time I'm sure the Finance department will be in a frenzy...

Went to see "Ford vs Ferrari" yesterday, I enjoyed it, but mixed results for everyone else, then out to dinner. Started to snow about 9PM

View out of the office window as of now;

Snow_112719.jpg.422b76bac26441403012ffc4f41ce086.jpg

Snow plowing service arrived and have cleared the driveway/paths - yay, well worth the money, as I sit and watch with a cuppa :)

-1 first thing and about 5 inches of snow, blowing about 40mph, but not considered blizzard yet, more snow later today high of ZERO.

Onward...

The wonders of SAP Vanilla...:jester:

Nice picture.ok so long as you stay indoors...

Baz

• Like 15
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
37 minutes ago, Kingzance said:

With appendages in different places! When I did F1 and other high level race marshalling, most of the grid girls were great personalities but few stood up to close inspection - they probably said the same about we marshals!

Yours

Dan G Leebitz

A crowd of us went to Brands Hatch a few years ago to see the very first UK DTM racing one of the girls holding up a drivers name board had fallen out of her top to the view of

everyone at the track she was on the big screens all round the circuit there was a roar of cheering then the girl next to her said your showing too much she just put the board down

and tucked here ample charms away and carried on as normal the camera stayed on her for sometime hoping for a repeat treat, not many to the pound as they would say. :spiteful: 

• Like 1
  • Funny 17

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. As I live on my own I allways carry a spare front door key. However when I changed upon returning from the NEC on Sunday I couldn't find it. So today I had another cut so whats the chances of it turning up right under my nose? Club night tonight but before I go there I have to go to the sorting office to collect a parcel. I have a postal vote and the voting papers arrived this morning and will be filled in and returned forthwith.

• Like 17

16 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

** Their butchery had sausages emblazoned with the Union Flag and labeled "Bangers". I will have to try that some time. As research, you understand.

Mike, Saags bangers?  If so, not bad but our local store no longer keeps them in stock:stinker: Went on line and got a box of Irish sausages, not what I expected but also not bad once you got used to them.  Does anyone know where any like the real thing may be obtained in the US?

Brian.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 12

12 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

Software - and a bit of a rant

John, was Kerry this picky an eater in her early years?  Or is this a function of being an old and "only dog"? My own experience of dog feeding involved a Lab who would not turn down almost anything carbon-based. (Actually there was something vegetable(?) she wouldn't touch but I can't remember what it was.)

Nice idea to double translate your Word file. Of course you know the risks with limited production (beta) code. I loved using Microsoft Word (on a Mac) 27 years ago. I was quite proficient with many publishing features. With the major structural changes made years ago (with the introduction of the ribbon) my proficiency dropped precipitously. In my opinion it continues to get worse with all the usability features and unfixed bugs*. I manage to get by but end up wasting a lot of time fixing things. Version to version default changes to styles, including normal and templates are also frustrating.

* Like linking to a heading - which actually links to the previous page in the resulting PDF if the heading falls immediately after a page break. Linking to a bookmark works properly. 

• Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

6 minutes ago, brianusa said:

Mike, Saags bangers?

Brian, I don't know the provenance. They were offered individually and unpackaged in the butcher's display case. They looked very good - bright colouring and the appearance of freshly made. The company website suggests they are "handmade". They certainly did not look mass produced. This is a small local premium grocery chain.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

Kerry has never been a picky eater - it's age. She was skin and bone when rescued. Now she can't see very well and is hand fed - some things she likes, some things not and it varies day to day. I will be consulting the vet.

The difference with Word and Pages is that Pages acts like a DTP program, holding images in place on the page and flowing the text round them. Word holds the images as part of the flow of text. I think that that is where the problem lies. There are advantages and disadvantages with both approaches.

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 6

^^^ yup, I did something similar a few years ago, but added phrases to a number of such reports which serially added up to a story........

It really did incense me, but do you know what I don't care anymore, if anyone is prepared to approve a report for publication without reading it then let 'em get in with it. The can is clearly theirs to carry.

Rant over, eyes closed, g'night folks!

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 7

2 hours ago, brianusa said:

Does anyone know where any like the real thing may be obtained in the US?

Sadly, no. We tried making them but it wasn't a success. They were much too solid. Insufficient rusks I think.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Friendly/supportive 5