Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

I have some lead obtained when the old Redifusion cable was removed from my property.  There was about 50 yards of cable in all attached to the house, the garden wall and the block of garages that intrude into the back garden. The system was abandoned many years ago and the cable started to deteriorate. I then found that it was attached to the walls by lead straps every couple of feet. So when I removed the cable (sold to the scrapman) I kept the lead straps, about half a kilo of lead. 

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon.

In a very unexpected development, CowboysRUs are covering the roof trusses of a nearby erection (having left them and the internals to the elements for half a year). I can only conclude that they either expect more violent and extremely wet weather or that some poor misguided people may be interested in wasting their money. I shall chauffeur SWMBO to her pedicure shortly and have just completed descaling both the kettle and the coffee machine in preparation for the arrival of the skiing party on Saturday. Daughter + mutt have visited, the latter with very muddy paws and he promptly jumped up to have a fuss from me. I shall need to change my now well muddied shirt before going out to the local photography club this evening.

Good to hear members have escaped the clutches of Torbay General, hope the recovery continues. As for the many lurgy sufferers, you seem to have sent out scouting patrols to me based upon my interrupted slumbers last night. Best for tomorrow to Sheila (via Brian) for her cataract op. Laters....

Edited by Kingzance
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, TheQ said:

If you've got spare lead, I will probably need some, about 175kg for the keel of Blue Moon.. if you can post it to me thanks.. :jester:You'll have to pay the postage though....

It would be far more fun to deliver it.....

One pellet at a time!

• Funny 19

Greetings all from LBG where it is cold and beginning to cloud over. I believe rain is expected later.

Good to hear that Sherry is back home and hope to hear further positive news in due course.

I am too young  to remember decimalisation day although I do remember everything being referred to an "new pence" - the maths books at primary school had new pence for the money questions (including photos). My money box when I was very young was a giant plastic 50p piece. I am guessing I was given that in 69 to celebrate the introduction of it.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Hopefully some Brownie points have been earned. The PIR security light at the back of the house had failed; it still detected movement but the unit only emitted a dull glow which was of little use. A new unit was obtained a few days ago but high wind and/or rain prevented it being fitted. SWMBO got home late yesterday afternoon and complained she couldn't see to use her key. A period of calm and bright weather has just seen the thing fitted. It powered up when the mains were restored and it's now a case of checking how it's set. The destructions show a switch for either 24 hr or night time operation, but don't show which position is which! Some testing will be required.

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all.

I have been making lots of phone calls this morning. Due to next week’s angiogram appointment I needed to postpone a gastroenterology appointment in Whitechapel later that week. The only appointment was on a day the car was being serviced so I rearranged that too! Then I was trying to talk Aditi’s sister through some possible solutions for a problem with MiL’s phone. 
Tony

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 14

1 minute ago, pH said:

We woke up yesterday to our drive shovelled clear of snow. It hadn't been done by our son who is staying with us, or by another son who lives about 10 minutes away, or by our neighbour on one side (his own drive hadn't been cleared). Found out last night that it had not been done by the neighbour on the other side (the prime suspect - he's a really good guy). So who is the phantom driveway shoveller of Port Moody?

(I have had to shovel it three times since then, but I did appreciate being able to skip one time.)

Are you sure you weren't Sleep Walking and did it then? haha:o

• Like 5
  • Funny 12

16 hours ago, AndyID said:

Blue sky here most of the day so I went to the mountains. Despite the excellent conditions it wasn't busy

Shelfie.jpg.4696550f09b488ef5e9d41d057a257a0.jpg

All nicely groomed on the slopes, Andy!

- snow all gone here

Brian.

• Like 17
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1