The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Barry O said:

Dave

My brother in law was at Widenrath (Engines). He was supposed to work on Harriers but wangled his way onto the Pembroke and Dove flight. By that time he new a lot of ins and outs in the RAF)

The basement in the block of flats they lived in was a bar..complete with cam net wall and ceiling coverings and a bar.  He kept feeding me beer at a party there. A 15 year old Baz hoovered it up..he was duly impressed but..it was free and I was used to ir due to post rugby match drinks.

Baz

Baz, I was there from early '77 to May '80 on F4s presumably after you acquired your well-known drinking ability :D

Dave

• Like 16
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Barry O said:

My brother in law was at Widenrath (Engines). He was supposed to work on Harriers but wangled his way onto the Pembroke and Dove flight. By that time he new a lot of ins and outs in the RAF)

Wouldn't we all like to get down and dirty with some Gypsy Queens rather than prancing around a winged horse?

Might have made a bit of a goof with what he thought was an never ending supply of Belgian Chocolate.  it was Leonides in the Pe(r)mbroke, not Leonidas

Edited by Happy Hippo
  • Funny 15

• RMweb Premium

16 minutes ago, 45156 said:

Happy anniversary GDB and STH - and happy birthday Gemma.

Regards to All

Stewart

And the same from me.

Best wishes

Polly

• Like 5
  • Agree 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Dave Hunt said:

Baz, I was there from early '77 to May '80 on F4s presumably after you acquired your well-known drinking ability :D

Dave

He was supposed to go to 3 Squadron on Harrier . He had brought that into service (on the engine side) at Wittering on 1(F) squadron. That was because he worked on Hunters in Avon and Hunters were part of the conversion unit for Harrier ( which had an extra control knob to a Hunter. The Vector thrust selector...

Baz

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 8

• RMweb Premium

Hurrah! Sun has been out and it is appreciably warmer than this morning. Inspected eyelids now adding buffers to some goods carrying miniature items.

Baz

• Like 19

39 minutes ago, J. S. Bach said:

First, somewhat late congratulations  to Sir and Lady TH on their anniversary.

Second, when I first saw the above photo my mind thought "That just can not be in England! The buildings look so wrong."; then I looked at who posted it. Ah. that explains it; not to mention the F-150. :biggrin_mini: Not too many of those in the UK, I would imagine. :jester:

Could always be in the back of Pinewood Studios:biggrin_mini:.

• Like 9
  • Funny 9

37 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

I joined them as per instructions but i wonder why they aren't piped together at the bottom?

If you have to move one, then if they're connected at the bottom you have to drain both. If connected at the top you don't.

Are you overthinking pannier tanks? :jester:

Edited by Coombe Barton
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1