Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, polybear said:

Eccles Cakes and Mint Jelly?  That's a bit off the wall, even for this Bear.  Strawberry Jam maybe, but Mint Sauce??

All those cakes, but so far away....:cry:

Not even I have thought of having the two together. Mint jelly does go rather nicely with cold roast beef as well as hot roast lamb.  As to toppi gs for eccles cakes, i've never tried jam but I used to put butter on Chorley cakes, something else that can't be sourced locally.  

Jamie

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. I agree with Stationmaster, do not dump comics. I am looking for a particular copy of Railway Bylines, Vol 9 issue 5 April 2004. I lost my original copy when I loaned it out and it was not returned. I need it because I am building a model of one of the loco's featured, The Fords 1932 BTH diesel electric Bo-Bo shunter. Better go now before the awls start arriving, be back later.

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 14

Greetings all from the fold in the side of the hill - where it is currently dry. I guess it rained overnight but I didn't see any.

I was quite surprised to learn in my late 30s that mint sauce came in jars. I thought it came fresh from the garden with some malt vinegar; at least that is how i had it as a child. 

Memories are funny things - i have one fleeting memory of the road at the end of ours being blocked off because work had not finished - but i have a much stronger memory of my Dad being surprised when I mentioned the road being blocked off because as he told me I would still have been in a pushchair when the work was finished.

I can remember being ushered away when my sister was born in the house - I would have been 2 3/4 and i have lots of pre-school memories, first day of school etc. But I think moving to Singapore when I was 6 helped partition my memories and keep the early ones quite distinct. My sister, on the other hand, remembers nothing of the 14 months or so of our lives out there, and so does not remember her first day of school etc.

• Like 18