Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

^^^^ Where's pic 3 please? It looks familiar.

Why am I awake?

Been so for nearly 45 mins, so hopefully the cuppa decaff tea might help :)

The beeb weather says 96% chance of light snow at 04:00 (i.e. now) but no evidence yet.

Edited by leopardml2341
  • Like 14
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

Unsophisticated Philistine as I am, I always watch the Super Bowl for two things: the halftime show and the cheerleaders. Although, sadly, cheerleaders have become a relic of the past, or so it seems.

Some teams continued to have cheerleaders during the season - socially distanced, not on the sideline, and only in stadiums where *some* fan attendance was permitted.

Doubtless, once pandemic-restrictions are removed, cheerleaders will reappear on NFL sidelines.

• Like 16

4 hours ago, leopardml2341 said:

^^^^ Where's pic 3 please? It looks familiar.

Why am I awake?

Been so for nearly 45 mins, so hopefully the cuppa decaff tea might help :)

The beeb weather says 96% chance of light snow at 04:00 (i.e. now) but no evidence yet.

No Snow yet?     Swad has probably pinched it all, it usually does.:D

• Like 8
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 5

Cloudy and cold in North Somerset, but as far as bitterly cold winds are concerned - the worst is yet to come. 

I have to smile at those poor souls who believe one kamikaze wood pigeon would demolish my bird feeder defences. Jonny doesn't believe in half measures. A few kamikaze wood pigeons would have one simple effect, a free Sunday lunch for Jonny. 

Meanwhile, in the real world, the wood pigeons seem to have raised the white flag. The starlings have properly learned how to negotiate the spikes, and a blackbird was within the compound when I looked out of the window. 

I must go and get the bacon on......

• Like 18
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Dry now but quite breezy out.  Forecast still threatening snow but so far it's been wrong about that.  Time will tell.

Best wishes to Chris's aunts and I sincerely hope that they recover soon.

Jamie, I didn't know about La Chandeleur and that pancakes were eaten in France on February 2nd each year until I Googled it.  We will have them as usual on Shrove Tuesday which this year February 16th.  The Boss makes them under protest but does them rather than let me into the kitchen.*  I've just mentioned them to her and got a rude answer!  I'm only allowed in the kitchen for selected reasons and tonight is one of those as fillet steak is on the menu.  Unlike Chris I have a selection of wines to choose from. :yes:

I'm trying to forget yesterday's rugby disaster. The only good news is that Quins won down at Bath.  Today I can feast on Newcastle v Exeter and Wales v Ireland.  I expect both games to be better than yesterday's offering.

Many years ago I sat through all 5 hours of a Superbowl and vowed never again!

There will shortly be the smell of bacon and eggs etc wafting through the house so I will leave you for now.

Have a good one,

Bob.

* It's not that I make a mess, far from it but apparently I use far more kitchen equipment, bowls, plates etc than is necessary!

Stop Press:  Snowflakes appeared briefly a few minutes ago but have already disappeared.

Edited by grandadbob
Fat finger syndrome x several
  • Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium

Moaning awl. Here goes nothing, as the following image might prove! :jester:

No idea if and where I may be needed this afternoon. Staff dispatcher just came on duty a couple of minutes ago, so I’m not holding my breath! 

4DEC4DED-83FF-4DF3-A76C-5D32841B0FDC.jpeg

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 17

Morning all!

Still no snow, but a very cold NE wind with gusts to 40mph forecast at about the time I was hoping to hang summershed doors, I may be doing a Mary Poppins impression :)

Breakfast of some sort is beckoning me but tbh I think I might take a leaf out of Doggo's book and curl up for just a little while longer.........

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16