Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

I had a good tidy up in the garage. I should be able to play with cars and trains now. I found all kinds of interesting things I had forgotten about. I think I have matched every tool up with its charger now too. 
Tony

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, simontaylor484 said:

This is the best i found on another part of the forum. 

They are the same colour as our Dachshund Rolo

The UK Police have dogs trained to sniff out money - there was a feature on the six o'clock news a while back.  They go nuts every time they walk past a cash point :laugh:

• Funny 12

1 minute ago, PeterBB said:

Happens quite often.

The difference this time for me was that I saw it happen in 'real time'. My guess is that it is related to server queuing issues. My internet connection was wobbling at the same time I was posting and might have downshifted to the slower of the two WiFi channels supported by my router. This might have resulted in two post requests being queued up. 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 9
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

3 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

I do miss good hot cross buns. The concept is not unknown here, but come packaged and baked who knows how long ago. Some of them are even iced! :( They do not compare with my memories of hot cross buns fresh from the bakery.

We get ours from this chain: https://www.cobsbread.com/about/ who have baking facilities at the back of every store, so you know they’re fresh. 

(You may also recognize their parent Australian company!)

• Like 14
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

15 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

It's an anxious time. Locally in Oregon, our case rate continues to be about one third the national average, sounds good, right?

Unfortunately the rate is increasing and is higher than the peak of our second wave, early last summer. The seven-day rolling average is approaching 400 daily new diagnoses and the trend-line has the potential for a fourth wave. The Governor was on television again today, pleading with people to stay the course.

Nationally, professional baseball has begun. Opening day was yesterday and already games have been postponed due to players testing positive.

Today being Good Friday I am reminded of an awful, truly groan-worthy 'dad' joke from my childhood that I trust everyone has heard numerous times:

I do miss good hot cross buns. The concept is not unknown here, but come packaged and baked who knows how long ago. Some of them are even iced! :( They do not compare with my memories of hot cross buns fresh from the bakery.

Mike, we've just ordered half a dozen from a local bakery.  Not a bad attempt at the real mcoy.;)

Brian.

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 2

7 minutes ago, pH said:

We get ours from this chain: https://www.cobsbread.com/about/ who have baking facilities at the back of every store, so you know they’re fresh. 

Nice! Apparently so far, they only have a small presence in the Northeastern US. It looks like they are almost as common as coffee shops* in the greater Vancouver area.

* Just kidding, sort of.

7 minutes ago, pH said:

(You may also recognize their parent Australian company!)

I wasn't familiar with Baker's Delight. I looked them up and while there are plenty of them in the Brisbane area, there are none close to my parent's home. They still have some owner-operated bakeries to choose from which are closer.

• Like 15
  • Informative/Useful 1

16 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

I wasn't familiar with Baker's Delight. I looked them up and while there are plenty of them in the Brisbane area, there are none close to my parent's home.

Knowing Cobs in Canada , but not that it was originally from Australia, we were surprised when we first found a Baker’s Delight in Brisbane. (Apparently that particular shop is now closed.)

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 4
  • Friendly/supportive 3

4 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Popped down to Tesco's this lunchtime only to discover a queue winding along the front of the store and out of site to around the corner. I decided to come back later but before doing so I asked the security lady what time they closed (it turned out to be normal closing time, midnight). But then she told me that I could walk straight in without queueing. I must look really old and decrepit to be allowed that favour. I was hoping to do a bit of the G word this afternoon but the hay fever says otherwise. Heads up for any Carry on fans, ITV3 are showing Carry on films back to back this afternoon culminating with Carry on Screaming at 8 PM.

Any thoughts, the back half would be great for a model railway room. :locomotive:

Dont forget that the shops are closed fora HOLE DAY this weekend, people have to get a months groceries in

• Like 7
  • Agree 5
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. I will be finishing off a pack of apple and cinnamon hot cross buns shortly, as soon as the tea has brewed. I enjoyed watching 'Carry on Screaming' for the umpteenth time. One of the best of the genre, and its 55 years old! Part of the background music included the themes from Z cars and Steptoe and son. Thats it for now, be back later.

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Barry O said:

@The White Rabbit thanks for that.. I  will have a quick golooksee at said act..

Baz

Baz I would draw your particular attention to Section 6 of the Act which might well apply in this case (it's the bit most people don't know about).   Access is an interesting one in that I don't think you can prevent access but equally the word used is 'access' not necessarily movement of plant and materials.  

The neighbour should ideally serve a Notice under the provisions of the Act in respect of any access intention on his part.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/523010/Party_Wall_etc__Act_1996_-_Explanatory_Booklet.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 9
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2