The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

52 minutes ago, 45156 said:

Afternoon All

Just had a worrying phone call from our vet that Lily's lump has been diagnosed as a tumor - though luckily it is non malignant - but unpleasant nonetheless.  She is booked in for surgery tomorrow morning, and the claim for the vet's bill has already been submitted.

In other news, a mug that 30747 bought for 50p in a charity shop a couple of years ago has just sold on eBay for £56.

And in other other news, we've just had a flurry of snow here.  And  ow we're having more.

And in other, other, other news, we've run out of logs, coal, kindling, fire lighters, and it's turning cold again for a few nights.

And in other, other other other news it's cider o'clock now - Lidl Woodgate at £1.15 for 500ml, which is actually Westons 7.3% variant

And in other other other other other news, tomorrow is going to be very hectic indeed, with Lily at the vet's first thing, then a fodder run on the way home, then a quick change into my only suit as one of our neigbours who loved Lily has passed away, and one of her wishes was that we attend her send off - and she also had some photos of Lily which she asked be put into her coffin - very touching, and more so given that Lil will be being operated on at the same time as her funeral is taking place.

Generic greetings are also on offer to all fellow ERs with a confession that with the worry about Lily over Easter and Ebay still taking priority, much skipping has been taking place.

Regards to All

Stewart

I hope the Mug was on the Sell for a £1 weekend, although there wasn't one over Easter.

• Like 12
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I hope the Mug was on the Sell for a £1 weekend, although there wasn't one over Easter.

Regrettably not - I never seem to be able to sell any high value items when that offer is on.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium

Law Society? Complete waste of time, Mrs NHN had an issue years ago when she was Ms A,  with a will much like stuff that has been discussed above, and the end result was a couple of grand - should have been enough to buy half the street.  Reported to LS, result - nada.  Nowt. No case to answer.

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Barry O said:

...snip... Like @New Haven Neil I have some keepsake momentos from modellers I have known. While they are not the best models it is nice to remember people for their help, advice and excellent workmanship. ...snip...

Baz

Same here, and there are a few more that I wish that I had, just for that reason.

8 hours ago, Barry O said:

...snip... Stay safe.. the light is visible at the end of the tunnel!

Baz

Careful, that just might be the oncoming  locomotive! :biggrin_mini:

Edited by J. S. Bach
To correct a spelling error.
  • Like 11
  • Funny 5

7 minutes ago, J. S. Bach said:

Welcome to the club! :biggrin_mini: I have two pre-orders in for a Dapol BR streamlined railcar and a Freightliner class 66 (both 7mm scale) and I really do not model UK railroads! :huh:

I could spill the beans on how much I have pre ordered on both sides of the Atlantic but if I did I’d have to terminate everyone on this forum to prevent the info falling into enemy hands. :wacko: <joking> 

It involves go faster leaning trains, CP steam locos, 7mm coaches, and more. 

• Like 17