The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

Herself off to morea.. me.. off to sign a new lease on the Club rooms. Looks like we may be gaining a new member next week.

It has turned chilly and wet overnight. 

Mugatea to be drunk then time to see a man about our lease..

Have a good day!

Baz

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

It is exactly that sort of response which causes my BP to be high in the surgery!  Then I worry about it, which causes....yup!

Always fine at home, away from white coats and stressy behaviours.

She did say that I might be given (loaned) a machine to take my blood pressure. 

• Like 18
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

While evidently not a brand new building, what is the roofing material for this hospital?

I'm tempted to attempt a joke* about this but that might appear rude or insensitive, implying an unintended ageism or callousness.  Hospital evacuations are no laughing matter. While I was hopitalized (many years ago) there was a tornado alert. Patients were moved from their rooms (with windows) into the corridors. No tornado or damage materialized.

* Was it thatch?

The roof in question is (was) fairly new as the building has been re-roofed, but when and with what I cannot say. 

But it definitely wasn’t THATCH! ;)

• Like 18

Morning, we have had some rain, none of the predicted thunder and lightening however, garden is looking better for it and the rivers have had a rise, so I may well go chasing mythical Salmon and Sea Trout in my local river tomorrow.

A weird calm is over the village, hope it's not the storm coming after all, stay safe and well all.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, polybear said:

Good stuff; Bear subsequently found this as a result:

Bear's Uncle Psycho (yes, we really did refer to him as that - invented by my Aunt/his Missus no less.  It suited him well, too....) was pretty good at playing BW & early Jazz on the Piano (no-where near that standard though), much to my Aunt's disgust as she HATED Jazz.

Brenda Kavanagh is a brilliant boogie woogie pianist, and he does like a jape - like pretending to be a cleaner, or a rank beginner, and then breaks into the most amazing boogie playing.

Edited by 45156
  • Like 16

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, TheQ said:

Other news from work the graduate that was offered the post of Deputy head of lab has gone elsewhere.. So the recruitment cycle starts again..

Hopefully not a Graduate who was straight out of Uni, surely?

5 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

As for Polybear's CCM Spitfire, oh yes please....but you could buy three Enfields for the price of one of those!  Thus it would remain a dream for me too, but in practice my dodgy hips and foot probably would rule it out on grounds of pain anyway.

The CCM's all appear to be very limited production runs (mainly to get around the Euro 6 rules it seems, as small runs don't need to comply).  As a result the bikes are achieving s/h prices higher than the new prices...

As for R.E., the following would do quite happily too, at a third of the price:

image.png.0b032dc41d535c33884be81b59c3b2d3.png

3 hours ago, jonny777 said:

However, cruel news has emerged. My brother rang to say Dad has taken a turn for the worse, although I was unaware it was possible to get much worse. Apart from the possible imminent upset of losing my father, I would also change from power of attorney for financial affairs, to executor of his will. 

I'm not sure how this affects a house sale where contracts have been exchanged but the completion date has not arrived. His accounts would be frozen presumably until probate has been agreed, but maybe that does not happen until the banks are informed officially of his passing, otherwise the money transfer can't happen. 

After 21 months of trying to sell the property through three lockdowns and two buyers pulling out at the last minute, I would prefer to get this over and done with. I realise this may seem callous prioritising financial transactions over severe health matters, but everything seems pre-ordained to b*gg*r things up. I am well past the age where I can just sail calmly through unpredictable rough waters.  

Oh well. What will be will be, I suppose. 

Special Beary thoughts are with you.  As for the sale, should the worst happen prior to completion then what the relevant agencies (Bank, Estate Agents, Solicitor etc.) don't know then......

However, should a Will be leaving the house to another party then there could be a risk that they could say "You sold my House, and I wanted it" etc. etc.

In other news:

All the plinth pieces are cut and two of the four are fitted; the remaining two (end pieces) need securing to the wall units with cabinet blocks.  That's a job for later, as a visit to the Co-op beckons.

I've also been baby-sitting "Fred Windows", who's been replacing a misted up sealed unit in buddy next-door's French Doors (I'm a key-holder).  That, and a bowl of Cornflakes for din dins are Bear's fun for the day.

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. BP is a bit lower than last time but still a bit too high so it looks as if I'll be back 0n the pills. But first I have to visit Dracula's daughter to make sure that they're not going to cause problems.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 16