Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Part 2:

image.png.ee0f9bfbccf49616db7fec620c240459.png

image.png.0860d3d9c73daf1fc88a19c7c32f5666.png

image.png.7557d2ab8761a840e311be3f3f50aa91.png

image.png.082d388347818ea6be1afe1056a8e74d.png

image.png.2417a32d11321ff0e99cf1e18e09e26f.png

After 35 years of marriage, a husband and wife came to see a therapist. When asked what the problem was, the wife went into a tirade listing every problem they had ever had in the years they had been married.
On and on and on: neglect, lack of intimacy, emptiness, loneliness, feeling unloved and unlovable, an entire laundry list of unmet needs she had endured.
Finally, after allowing this for a sufficient length of time, the therapist got up, walked around the desk and after asking the wife to stand, he embraced and kissed her long and passionately as her husband watched - with a raised eyebrow. The woman shut up and quietly sat down as though in a daze.
The therapist turned to the husband and said, "This is what your wife needs at least 3 times a week. Can you do this?"
"Well, I can drop her off here on Mondays and Wednesdays, but on Fridays, I fish."

Paddy & Mick worked together and were both laid off, so they went to the unemployment office.
When asked his occupation, Paddy answered, "Panty Stitcher.
I sew da elastic onto ladies cotton panties and thongs."
The clerk looked up panty stitcher on his computer and finding it classified as unskilled labor, he gave him £80.00 a week unemployment pay.
Mick was next in, and when asked his occupation, replied, "Diesel Fitter."
Since a diesel fitter was a skilled job, the clerk gave Mick £160.00 a week.
When Paddy found out, he was furious.
He stormed back into the Unemployment Office to find out why his friend and co-worker was collecting double his unemployment pay.
The clerk explained, "Panty Stitchers are unskilled laborers, and Diesel Fitters are skilled laborers."
“What skill?” yelled Paddy.
"I sew da elastic on da panties and thongs;
Mick puts 'em over his head and says: "Yep, diesel fitter."

• Funny 13
  • Friendly/supportive 3

6 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Interesting, some arthritis is caused by the build up of uric acid crystals in the joints. Bee stings are alkaline so it makes you wonder if there is a connection between bee stings and the easing of joint pain.

I believe the Romans used stinging nettles to cure rheumatism.

Floral tributes i remember when the Manageress of Wilkos in Castleford was murdered along with her 2 kids the shop front was  filled with flowers and balloons and the like. 

The incident happened not far from where Jamie is currently imprisoned 

Finally got the last boards on the decking they just need a good sweep down and painting 

• Like 13
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium

Of holidays I've just booked Thursday off,  it was going to be Friday until I realised it it was bank holiday weekend.. SWMBO requires shopping..

Also been contacting my sisters in our private messenger space arranging our next visit up to my parents in Scotland. My brother is visiting at this very moment. Him and his family have been doing a grand tour camping holiday, starting with the lake District, then up the west coast into the Highlands generally camping by lakes and lochs.. they are very into water sports.

In other news our local building merchants is celebrating its birthday... Its 250 years old.. well actually 251 the party was cancelled last year due to covid.

Tabasco sauce in the eyes? Try sanitizer.. don't wipe your eyes  just after you've done your paws.

I remember that drone too.... Always made an impact coming down...

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 14

55 minutes ago, TheQ said:

We have a club member with a shotgun license , he have a great difficulty killing any one by lugging the sailing club cannon around. Gun licences aren't always for what they seem to be. 

And I did say that some people do have a need for access to some kind of firearm. Does your starting cannon count as a shot gun? (What do you load it with- grape shot ?  

Edited by Pacific231G
  • Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

Her indoors is out to meet up with old work colleagues in the place they used to work in Leeds.. Its now the "Golden Beam" .. when she worked there it was the Eleanor Luton Centre.. Arts Centre for Leeds Girls High School. I have to take her there but she won't be long.. er yeh! Right! as TUI used to say.

We almost convinced the senior Post Design Manager at Marconi in Frimley he needed a gun licence before we "loaned" hi a Chieftain tank,,,, it was only when he visited a police station that he realised we were winding him up!

Next door seem to have downsized their plans . by about 60%.. guess they have run out of dosh.

Once my mouth works properly again I may have some tea...or coffee...

Baz

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 17

OK, let's get this over and done with:

19 minutes ago, leopardml2341 said:

Why would anyone be an anti-vaxxer?

Mine cleans my carpets perfectly well :mosking:

You know it's just a sham, and it stinks!

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

As promised for JohnDMJ

This YouTube poster, LDN_OvrGrd, really does have the best cab view rides about the underground, unfortunately there does seem to be a number of gaps in his playlist (e.g.the Northern Line, the District line and London Overground itself). I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that this is a route learning video from Transport for London itself that has somehow ended up on YouTube

This fellow, video125co, also has some pretty good videos.

Finally, for those of you who are desperately missing your regular SBB fix, here is a cab view of a goods train leaving the Muttenz marshalling yard (quite near where I live) and making its way through the Gotthard Base tunnel

The Railway Emotions YouTube channel is also another good one to watch.

And with those Eisenbahn Noten, I bid you a wonderful evening: smug and comfy in the knowledge that I am safe from the dreaded Awl in my Mountain Redoubt(tm)

iD

Edited by iL Dottore
Stupid bl***dy iPad Autocorrect!
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

The red bull train is a good one to watch on the Railway emotions channel, there are also some good ones that go from Italy into S Switzerland including street running which doesn't involve the infernal bell that you get with US trains.

Don Coffey also does informative ca b rides

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 4

Since we seem to be defying the Awl, I'll post this picture from yesterday. After yesterdays expedition to Doncaster we dropped one of our group off at his home and he wanted to show us his recently repaired shed. In it was this, amongst other items, all genuine and 'obtained' whilst he was still working as a driver on the railways. WP_20210822_001.jpg.222b52a1902621bc259c4a69445886e5.jpg

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

9 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

Oh well, in for a penny.....

In that case, the purchase I mentioned the other day was delivered today and I can (safely ?) reveal that it is an EFE rail Hymek, brand new and weathered by TMC for just £113.

There yer go, awl, take that! :devil:

• Like 9
  • Round of applause 6

12 hours ago, tigerburnie said:

Morning all, dull, damp and overcast up here, but I notice that since I got stung by that bumble bee, my aching joints are not aching...............................miracle cure.......................hmmmmm, not sure about that and I can still feel the pain from the sting lol.

Sting may be acting as a counter irritant, ‘taking your mind off’ the arthritis.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counterirritant

Its a very common type of treatment for muscle and joint issues.

Thinking of Ralgex, Tigerbalm(!) Deepheat etc.

Robert

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Watched 'Secrets of the London Underground' earlier. The subject was the deep underground air raid shelters built under Clapham Common tube station. The shelters were built to the same dimensions and alignment as the tube station directly above it. I couldn't help thinking that you could get a pretty big layout in there.

• Like 12
  • Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1