The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

11 minutes ago, simontaylor484 said:

Fuel seems to be the key to stopping the Russkies if the Ukranians can hamper the fuel supplies and perhaps give them it back a milk bottle at a time complete with a burning rag 

Or for true devilment purposes doctor some fuel with a couple of pounds of sugar and watch the armoured columns grind to a halt with cylinder heads full of caramel and give them a long walk back to the Motherland resenting mad Vlad enough to overthrow him and get him in the Hague for war crimes

Yeah Pi*sing in fuel totally sh*gs it up too.   :pleasantry:…….”Er so I have heard!!!!!” :blush_mini: 

I guess you’d have to be careful how you did it too?…..”Er Probably…;)

• Funny 12

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

Thinking of tight git treatment at work, at the centenary TT Race, the Plod Constabulary here issued a medal for those serving at the time - it was a big do here. I didn't get one issued as I was only half paid by Plod and half by Social Services, so not deemed worthy - despite being managed by and assessed by Plod and writing the relevant parts of their annual report.  My boss (Detective Inspector) gave me his - he valued me even if the establishment did not. 

In this Bear's book that would be worth infinitely more than any medal given by some faceless nob in the system.

4 hours ago, simontaylor484 said:

That convoy certainly looks too juicy a target to leave alone if they can't get it by air power an ambush may well be possible using shoulder launched missiles blocking the road with destroyed vehicles as others have mentioned or other blocking tactics 

Some very large holes in the road would do wonders for slowing them up a little; even digging a few holes then filling them in again would make them wonder if there's a mine in there - do a few empty holes then a real one to lull them into a false sense of security.

Bear has a cracking video of a convoy in (I think) Iraq being blasted by (what I assume to be) a very large bomb/mine - to say that it's frightening would be an understatement.  I did look for it on the 'tube but couldn't find it to post a link.

The one catch is that Bear would assume that very good air support is protecting that convoy, making attack a bit more complicated.

3 hours ago, Grizz said:

During this time, from an almost totally health and safety free, and unregulated Mosh Pit scene, I collected a broken nose - twice, at least three cracked / broken ribs and so many black eyes, nose bleeds, split lips and busted fingers…all fuelled by Snake Bite and Black. The whip lash from years and years of Head Banging has built the neck and shoulder muscles of a bear. But the Mosh Pits back then and the Stage Diving back then were litigation free. Best described as good natured, and very friendly, alcohol fuelled ‘Designer Violence’ ……it was so much fun. 

That's FUN??

Bear has obviously led a sheltered life.....

3 hours ago, Grizz said:

If you are curious to see something….Check out …Bolt Thrower…Kill Chain (live on YouTube) one of my particular favs. 

Bear checked it out...

Just one question:  WTF is it?? :scared:

I would've posted a link but there are those of a nervous disposition to consider....:laugh:

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 11
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Not the above….

:laugh:        Been laughing my ass off over this. 
Mrs Grizz thinks perhaps I maybe need to grow up a bit……..nah she should know by now.

Sorry I can’t get the link to work on here. But if you’re interested, copy and paste then Scroll down and press play. 

https://www.therock.net.nz/home/shows/rock-drive/2022/02/the-accent-that-has-dunc-and-westie-lee-struggling-for-air-.html

Edited by Grizz
  • Like 5
  • Funny 2

46 minutes ago, Grizz said:

Yeah Pi*sing in fuel totally sh*gs it up too.   :pleasantry:…….”Er so I have heard!!!!!” :blush_mini: 

I guess you’d have to be careful how you did it too?…..”Er Probably…;)

I remember Ronnie Barker doing that in "Porridge"

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Round of applause 3

Bit more…Rock Radio NZ….

and if growing up means that I won’t then find something like this funny…then I don’t wanna grow up! 

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiyta-5kKX2AhWGilwKHdnyBsgQwqsBegQIBBAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DPjMLH2gCvkE&usg=AOvVaw2HLFCxgaI2jqXjkqORHpvh

Edited by Grizz
  • Like 3
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, polybear said:

Bear checked it out...

Just one question:  WTF is it?? 

I wondered if it was something to sing along when playing one of Games Workshops Warhammer 40k games. 

• Like 4
  • Funny 6

2 hours ago, Barry O said:

Having seen pictures of the iraqi convoy caught on the Basra Road by the UK and American tanks itwas not nice..indeed my colleague who took them post the war had nightmares about them. Who trained the Iraqis? Why the Soviets...

Baz

There have been suggestions around using personal drones and Molotov cocktails on convoys. There was also one I saw suggesting using a water bomber filled with petrol or napalm. 

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

8 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

I wondered if it was something to sing along when playing one of Games Workshops Warhammer 40k games. 

Erm from a purely aesthetic view point and not withstand the nuances of the piece in question…I think that it would quite possibly be much much less ‘something to sing along to..’ …....than ….something to make your enemies empty their bowels and bladders instantly AND permanently AND then cut their own throats and each other’s in the total blind terror of submission…..AND AWE!!!! ….IMHO…

….Just Saying…:laugh:

….Yeah just figured out what was missing from all those years and years of Head Banging, Slam Dancing,  Stage Diving and associated Mosh Pit head and body injuries….…Fuelled Up on Snake Bite and Black………A Warning Label……:laugh:

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, simontaylor484 said:

Polystyrene added to petrol will make napalm 

Adding mothballs will make Greek fire which I believe the Romans used 

Shhhh..

Don't tell them, Mr. Mainwaring

:jester:

• Like 1
  • Funny 11

25 minutes ago, simontaylor484 said:

Wwwoooowwwww……Moth Balls…amazing….that is assuming that you can hold of a very small gelding hook and get hold of ‘sh*t loads of moths’ (a technical quantity I am led to believe) ……:laugh:

Edited by Grizz
  • Funny 12

53 minutes ago, Grizz said:

Bit more…Rock Radio NZ….

and if growing up means that I won’t then find something like this funny…then I don’t wanna grow up! 

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiyta-5kKX2AhWGilwKHdnyBsgQwqsBegQIBBAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DPjMLH2gCvkE&usg=AOvVaw2HLFCxgaI2jqXjkqORHpvh

"Snipers nightmare"!

• Like 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Grizz said:

something to sing along to..’ …....than ….something to make your enemies empty their bowels and bladders instantly AND permanently AND then cut their own throats and each other’s in the total blind terror of submission…..AND AWE!!!! ….IMHO

Having read the mission statements for some of the Warhammer 40k Space Marines it seems like the kind of sing song they would deploy to. When my son was a teenager and needed taking to Games Workshop establishments to play I noticed the shop music didn’t seem to be exactly pretty ballads. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Seriously….why weren’t you my mate when I was a kid. Polystyrene and petrol and moth balls….napalm….

We had to content ourselves with making flame throwers a from car foot pump and aerosol cannons using cast iron drain pipe…..Happy Days! 

Even our mate Lefty still comes to our reunions. :sarcastic:

• Like 7
  • Funny 3

On 01/03/2022 at 09:16, TheQ said:

Today is the first day of the new clocking in system...

They should get some of these instead.

GBTR.jpg.b3062bc9659182b6cd13df85258edd7d.jpg

Edited by Adam88
return lost photo
  • Like 8
  • Agree 2
  • Round of applause 3
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold

When the US Army was trying to get Gen Noriega to leave the Vatican Embassy in Panama they played loud rock music outside. Stuff like Guns n Roses and Van Halen. Took a week. I bet they were keeping the really dangerous stuff like The Birdy Song for the next week. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 14
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

...snip... More concerning are reports of harassment of proprietors of Russian restaurants, though they are quite uncommon. ...snip...

That reminds me of a time when I went up to New York to visit Vern and ride the subways. We took the F or the M to Coney Island and then walked up to the Brighton Beach station, sort of looking for a place to eat breakfast. We passed through "Little Moscow" (the area has been home to Russian emigres for many years) and I saw a restaurant that had their menu posted in English and Russian so I suggested that we try a Russian breakfast. Vern was not too thrilled with the idea (unfamiliar food, I guess) so we passed. We ended up later at the north end of the 1 at Van Courtlandt Park and had more of a lunch instead. A look at the TA subway map will show that we were about as far from Brighton Beach as we could get via the trains.

https://new.mta.info/map/5256

9 hours ago, chrisf said:

Today is Shrove Tuesday.  In accordance with tradition I shall make a batch of pancakes, to be eaten with lemon and sugar.  There will be no tossing and therefore no climbing on a chair to remove an errant pancake from the ceiling.  I prefer to use a spatula to invert the pancake in the pan.  It's so nice to enjoy simple pleasures.  This evening will be spent in a not really draughty church hall ...snip...

Chris 

Tonight my church is having its annual Shrove Tuesday pancake supper and I am looking forward to this quite happily! My pancakes will have butter and be swimming  on a sea of maple syrup.

8 hours ago, The Lurker said:

Greetings all from a grey and drizzly Sidcup, a quick drop in before the school run. The longest I have been anywhere is the current job - 15+ years. I have accumulated extra days holiday  ...snip...

Hope Kelly's pain eases somewhat and that she can have the op tomorrow.

I retired with 24 years and had saved up all of the annual leave that I could plus an excess of sick leave. I got five weeks of annual plus 16 hours of personal days* and another 16 hours of something that I no longer remember what is was called each year and could carry over 256 hours to the next year. At the end of my last full year, I carried over 250 annual, that was added to my 352 hours for the new year. I only took a week or so; that left me with a nice, tidy sum upon retirement. :yahoo:

Our sick leave built up from year to year at the rate of 4 hours a pay period; I had taken no sick leave for the first 20+ years so had quite a stash (over 1800 hours). Unfortunately, upon retirement, one could only cash in 900 hours and they only paid half of that (why not just say that you can only cash in 450 hours??). I remember telling Bob (my boss) in early January 2013 "Bob, you know that I now have more sick hours on the books than I have work hours left." The look he gave me!! :o As it turned out I took 6 weeks (3 weeks each at two different times) and still had way more than I could cash in; still another nice, tidy sum. :yahoo:

16 hours ago, Barry O said:

Good to hear we may see the return of @Dave Hunt. ...snip...

Baz

The return to duty of Air Vice Marshall Hunt is greatly anticipated! :clapping:

Edited by J. S. Bach
To do a minor edit.
  • Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, simontaylor484 said:

already happening. Pic on social media of a young woman covered in white foam dust as a group grinds down polystyrene packaging. 

• Agree 7
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, AndrewC said:

already happening. Pic on social media of a young woman covered in white foam dust as a group grinds down polystyrene packaging. 

Saw that on the TV.. Unfortunately I can see some numskull trying it in the UK..

• Agree 10
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2