Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

27 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

Ah, finally got a dialogue box to open.  Site really on its knees this morning, can't rate anything, really slow.

I'm furious at Kelly's treatment, it really is a disgrace.  Any sane ward manager would see that if she had her surgery by now she would have been home, instead the bed is blocked, she's in pain, and her emergency is now elective because she has been there so long. REALLY?  An official complaint needs to be made now, to the CEO directly as well as through the procedure, and her MP.  Get the big guns out.  The apathy towards her surgery is disgusting.  This is a human being we're talking about, not a machine.  And that is a RANT, big time.  

What he said.

This is disgusting "service". In addition perhaps a bit of social media coverage highlighting Kelly's (mis)treatment. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 14
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. A bit nippy this morning but warming up now that the sun is up. I agree entirely with Neil's comments above with regard to Kelly's treatment, I would also be contacting a solicitor. 

• Like 4
  • Agree 10

• RMweb Premium

Good moaning from the Chatente  where it's trying to be damp.  I tried to get on earler but lost the will to live.  Anywzy in the meatime the hens have been mucked out and various other jobs done.  I'm now waiting for herself to come back from the Dr's.  The kettle is ready for a muggacoffee when she lands.

Kelly's treatment makes my blod boil. I really hope that it gets sorted today.  Isuspe t that I might have gone and knocked on a managets offi e doir and whispered sweet nothi gs i to their ear by now.  That usually had an effect when Beth was't being looked after properly.  

AnywY the rest if the day is Not yet pkanned but might involve a trip to The Danglies re glasses.

I hope that @chrisf gets good news.

Regards to all.

Jamie

• Like 19

Good Morning All,

I really feel sorry for Kelly and nothing but contempt for those making a complete c**k-up of the management of her care (I really, really doubt that these are clinical decisions). In any other country this would be considered as skating very close to malpractice… 

Maybe it’s time to start waiving writs around and organising Twitter and Facebook “pile-ons“?

Regardless of how you regard the NHS, I think that it’s safe to say that the mantra that worked in 1948 - “free at the point of use” - has now become both a curse and a millstone around the neck of the NHS tying, as it does, the fate and the finances of the system to the whims of whomever is in power.

Although the NHS managed to burn through £136.1 billion in 2020/2021, one wonders where that money goes - certainly not into the pockets of nurses and doctors (average nurse salary £33,384 [RCN figures], average NHS project manager salary £59,225  per year, average NHS diversity and inclusion manager £56,665 per year [from the website indeed - anonymous survey figures]).

I would argue that a further complication is the lack of accountability, I‘ve yet to hear of any senior person in the NHS being booted out for incompetence….

I think that it’s time for the UK to have a grown-up conversation about the NHS - its funding, its remit, its purpose for the UK, its accountability and its future direction. But given the irrational and partisan passions raised by any critique of the NHS, I don’t see that happening soon…

• Like 5
  • Agree 9
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Barry O said:

.... the caring helping side of the Hospital entire NHS is sadly missing....

Not just missing but buried under the car park.

And from what I've seen, any front-line staff with any humanity or compassion don't have an easy time from their 'colleagues' or management. (Still, thanks to them for trying). 

20 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

I really feel sorry for Kelly and nothing but contempt for those making a complete c**k-up of the management of her care (I really, really doubt that these are clinical decisions). In any other country this would be considered as skating very close to malpractice… 

.... I would argue that a further complication is the lack of accountability, I‘ve yet to hear of any senior person in the NHS being booted out for incompetence….

I feel like I have been the victim of malpractice too. Even if things turn out well for me in the end, the stress and anxiety I and others have been subject to over the last two years is an abomination in what claims to be a civilised society. And now Kelly. Who else's unnecessary health troubles have I missed over the last few months? 

I'm sure il D could [validly] criticise non-random sampling techniques but if this level of 'care' I've either experienced or seen in the last week or so on ERs is replicated across the whole population, it paints a very ugly and widespread picture of a service which is failing far too many people on every level of healthcare. 

And yes, I have to agree that until senior management are made accountable for their actions and those of their department or section, it will never improve. 

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Gold

Well the double avatars have vanished but what I'd really like to know  from those who "agreed" with my post above is: Were you agreeing with the statement about double avatars or that seeing more than one of me is enough?:scratchhead:

I need to know so that I can then consider what if any punitive action to take. default_butcher.gif.f324a9c2d97dfb42248f301c05bcd185.gif

Edited by grandadbob
  • Funny 18

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

Well the double avatars have vanished but what I'd really like to know  from those who "agreed" with my post above is: Were you agreeing with the statement about double avatars or that seeing more than one of me is enough?:scratchhead:

I need to know so that I can then consider what if any punitive action to take. default_butcher.gif.f324a9c2d97dfb42248f301c05bcd185.gif

definitely the latter but as the Channel is in between us I am relatively safe......

Jamie

• Funny 16

• RMweb Premium
39 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

I'm putting my hand up as well even though I've only got the Thames Estuary to protect me. If you need to see who the culprits are just hover your cursor over the symbol and they will be revealed.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Trust me Phil, I know who agreed, just need to know why..  At least Jamie was honest about it and he's OK 'cos I don't think I can manage a 20 odd mile swim in my current state of "fitness."  :no:

A little bit more time has been spent in the garden and I've swept the "lawn" and done some general tidying up.  I might vacuum clean it tomorrow. :D  The aches have subsided a bit but I'll probably feel it later.

Time for lunch shortly and then I will await Charlie from Parcel Force who is delivering my wine between 14.25 and 15.25.   Also got an Amazon delivery due any time up until 22.00hrs.

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 4

Greetings all from LBG where the sun has made it a pleasant lunchtime. I could get on but only rate "like" earlier and could not post, and then 20 minutes ago I could not get in at all. But...here I am, like it or not!

I haven't heard anything from Mark Radcliffe for a long time but I used to like his radio shows with the Boy Lard (Mark Riley). They collaborated as the Shirehorses and produced an album called the "The Worst Album in the World...Ever", a mickey take of the "Best" albums that were around at the time and was full of parodies of popular songs with made up band names like Dick Cave and the Bad Cheese, Gazebo and Doofergrass. It was a long way from folk.

I hope that the hospital sees sense with Kelly and then she is operated on pronto.

Have a good day all

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, grandadbob said:

Earlier this morning the ratings would only let me post a like and nothing else.  I'm now seeing double on the left hand side of the page with 2 avatars and names for everyone.  I don't think it's a result of last night's wine,  I didn't drink enough for that to cause a problem. :no:

P.S.  Seeing two of me is quite frightening, one is more than enough :scared:

Bear was rather keen to see a double "Bear" avatar - sadly someone fixed it before I got the chance :sad_mini:.  Probably for the best though - double Bears mean the SCR would disappear twice as quick, which is Not A Good Thing.

Bear has been messing with the project I'm working on during College Evenings (which is a Dividing Head for the Taig Lathe); some "figuring out how to do the next bit" has also been carried out on the muddling project (an etched brass wagon).

A phone call to a certain Puppers also took place - all very p.c., naturally.......:laugh:

• Like 17
  • Round of applause 2