Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
41 minutes ago, polybear said:

the number of times it kept saying it couldn't recognise made Bear almost lose the will to live.  Don't they ever properly test these things before letting them loose?  Yep, Rant.

Have you tried ringing the number and remaining totally silent? Some of them eventually transfer to a human(or at least a human answered queue)  when there is no response 

• Like 6
  • Agree 6
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
52 minutes ago, jjb1970 said:

I like the Japanese locomotives bought by RENFE, classes 251 and 269. I often think about buying models of them as there are some lovely HO examples. 

Yeah, Renfe as a European railway buying Japanese-designed locos seems quite unusual to me for the time period they were procured. Then again, this business relationship started during the Franco era, so I suppose it might have had at least something to do with diversifying sources for political reasons.

The earliest of these classes was the 279, or 7900 under the old numbering scheme, which were bought in 1967/68. They were followed by the 289 (8900) in 1969-72, whereas the 269 and 251 first arrived in 1973 and 1982 respectively.

• Informative/Useful 9
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon Awl,

Furniture moved around in mobile home 

Two beds moved to mobile home, 

More to do...

Mobile phone 1 attempted to fit SIM in, err the one from my old phone is too big.. new one ordered at the huge cost of 15p.

The phone is right around the change from being phones locked, to locking being ilegal. So until the card arrives there's no more to do.

Now to play with phone 2.

Which appears to be a huawei, but it appears to have no model number on it, now on charge..

I've also been playing with a box of electronics, it's arrived with other items from our unmentionable hobby at the MRC. It appears to have been professionally made, and they've done the sneaky trick of rubbing off the chip numbers inside. It's got 2 five pin din sockets on the back and a switch. On the front it's got a 4 position rotary selector switch,  start and  stop buttons with 4 LEDs...  Use ? So far I have no idea...

If I can work out what it is the club will then decide what to do with it

• Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 1

Moaning...

Weekend was busy, but with nothing really spectacular, mostly a few errands.

I DID manage to get to the "Wild Bird Shop" to use up the gift card the kids gave me for my birthday a while back. Couple of new squirrel proof feeders, some seed and a good chat about what best to attract which birds. Nice shop, I'd never been there before, but it will become a regular place now.

We then went to a nearby restaurant run by the sons of our travelling companions, for lunch. Ran into some of their other kids AND grandkids there, so that was nice, gave us a chance to visit with them.

Sunday - IT BLQQDY SNOWED!!!!! Was in the forecast but I had hoped standing outside and uttering expletives into the sky would make it decided against annoying me.

Didn't work. We got 7/10th of an inch, but given the ground is reasonably warmed up from three days of mid to upper 20s temps, it's mostly all gone already. 

The weather did mean we were basically inside all day though. 

Jemma and Brendan got in late last evening from the vacation in Mexico, so won't be by until today to pick up Whitney. Not much else other than work for today.

More seasonable weather today -2c and sunny first thing, 5c the expected high.

Tally ho.

• Like 17
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon All!

6 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

While we're on bikes.....

@PupCam what do you reckon to this?  spotted in the background of a photo, didn't see it at the time.

2010 Manx GP.

snorton.JPG.60c3d0791786e743e4a9866904a55e50.JPG

That looks interesting!    What's the parentage of the engine?  And what's the big painted box in front of the crankcase I wonder?

2 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

Some on here may like the bike in the picture.  Taken in early September 1981.   Our eldest is sitting on my friends bike.  The bike still exists in my friends shed.  I think that this is the Bonneville.  He also has a Bantam from the same era.  @PupCam @New Haven Neil.  The young man now rides a rather large Ducatti.

Film1981-6B024.jpg.b1c66d5fbf09ee187d9b3f921c6705b4.jpg

Jamie

Excellent!      Sowing seeds early always gets good results 😀

In Other News

Nice trip out with friends this morning rounded off with scoff in a local pub.   There's worse ways to spend the day.   The rest of this one may involve some Beeza faffing.

Got to be a true Early Riser (for Puppers) tomorrow as an adventure is on the cards.   Looking forward to it.

TTFN

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

Some on here may like the bike in the picture.  Taken in early September 1981.   Our eldest is sitting on my friends bike.  The bike still exists in my friends shed.  I think that this is the Bonneville.  He also has a Bantam from the same era.  @PupCam @New Haven Neil.  The young man now rides a rather large Ducatti.

Jamie

Thanks @Jamie.  You have just stirred a memory.  Many years ago a young cousin was playing with her dad's motorbike .  My aunt told him that was so and he replied words to the effect that it was safe and would not fall over ... then suddenly my aunt screamed at him "The kids have got the b****y thing started".  My uncle was a big man but he then moved quite quickly as he heard the clutch  ... thankfully no injury and the cousin is well into the 70s now.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Barry O said:

Dislocating fingers was a regular occurrence when I played rugby. A stridebovervto the goal post, pull arm back and.. thump.. finger hits post and is no longer dislocated... simplee.

Baz

Double, no, triple cringe! 😵

• Like 1
  • Agree 14
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Bear here.....

Bear Towers now has a water meter. Pity the b'sterds didn't clean up afterwards though 🤬 - the first I knew they were in their truck and off down the road, with just a leaflet shoved thru' the door to say they'd finished.  So Bear was out there for quite a while squirting the drive + various other bits with the hosepipe.  And then it suddenly struck me.....

"Sh1t, this is costing Bear money......."

As to whether or not the meter proves to be a good idea or not won't be known for a year, but all common sense suggests that as Bear Towers is only occupied by a solo Bear it should be.  At some point I need to do some before n' after readings n' sumz to work out how much things like washing the Bearmobile cost - purely out of interest though, as the Bearmobile isn't gonna suffer for the sake of a few quid.

Bear gone

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 3