RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

1 hour ago, polybear said:

The locals in Tring got quite upset a few days back as well:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/tring-internet-outage-down-rats-cables-openreach-bt-hertfordshire-b1098166.html

It screwed businesses (their card machines wouldn't work), working from home, phone calls.....

In other news.....

Kev the Carpet Fitter has just started nailing gripper rod....

Oh yes, and I've just heard from a Neighbour that a Developer has stopped building new homes in the Village (with 50% built on the plot) cos' they can't sell them.  Oh dear, how sad.....🤣

BG

The sad thing is that those affected immediately directed their "outrage" (as reported by the Standard) at BT/Openreach, who apparently swung fairly rapidly into action despite a property owner blocking their access to the affected ducting.  One wonders how much "resilience and asset protection" can be applied without higher bills for the consumer, or how an infestation of rodents can be predicted and allowed for?

Perhaps Tringites might want the cabling to be sheathed in poisoned ducting?

• Like 9
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 6

Eventually people will be diagnosed as suffering from "Alphabet Syndrome"....

I wonder how the Radio Doctor would address such modern illnesses?

My maternal grandmother always had two books on her bedside table, the Bible and "The way to better health" by the Radio Doctor...

Edited by Hroth
  • Like 1
  • Funny 17

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, pH said:

A couple of years ago, there was a fire which destroyed a quite large (as in footprint), old and ramshackle building in a prime location in the centre of town. My son remarked that fires like that let you know your town has arrived in the real estate agents’ “highly desirable” category.

I’m not sure the owners of the prime seafront location hotels recently destroyed by fires in Eastbourne and Brighton would agree. However desirable residential property might be there 

• Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2