The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Bear here.....

Window & Frame 1 cleaned down....and I got so excitable n' carried away I did 2 & 3 as well.  Tick.

S'pose I'd better bung the second coat of primer onto the window beading in a few minutes.  Oh joy.

Bear's Discovery of the Day......

I learned a while back (on numerous occasions, in fact) that when coming down Loft Ladder steps the rungs aren't numbered 4, 3, 2, Ground after all.  Well I discovered this morning that Step Ladders work the same way, amazingly - the lightbulb moment coming just as I did my very best to fall thru' a Fence Panel (failing miserably, fortunately - it's my Panel and they're the wrong side of twenty notes + delivery now).  Turdycurses.

Right, off to dangle.......

BG

• Friendly/supportive 19

• RMweb Premium
36 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

* I wonder if I should mention to @polybear that currently my bicycle has an entire garage to itself (and doesn’t even have to share with Mrs iD’s bike)?

Only if you want to thoroughly p1ss me off....

20 minutes ago, Hroth said:

I see that MurderNurse has had the gall to appeal her convictions.

Nothing to lose, so I'm not surprised.

Work finished for the day - reasonable progress.

BG

• Like 15
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

The only earthquake I have experienced around 30 years ago was one in the Esk valley (Yorkshire) some 15km away - about 2.9* IIRC

and it was a simple sharp bang that sounded as if something large like a wardrobe had fallen over upstairs.

* But the scale is logarithmic, so 3.9 is 10 times string, 4.9 one hundred, 5.9 and thousand and 6.9 as happed in Morocco, 10,000 times stronger!

• Like 17

The only earthquake I've experienced was one that had its epicentre somewhere near Wrexham.

The effect was of a strong Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...... for several seconds but nothing fell over, or off.  Just a bit unusual!

• Like 16

8 minutes ago, Andy Hayter said:

The only earthquake I have experienced around 30 years ago was one in the Esk valley (Yorkshire) some 15km away - about 2.9* IIRC

and it was a simple sharp bang that sounded as if something large like a wardrobe had fallen over upstairs.

* But the scale is logarithmic, so 3.9 is 10 times string, 4.9 one hundred, 5.9 and thousand and 6.9 as happed in Morocco, 10,000 times stronger!

I experienced one back in the 80s back home in Kent. It sounded like my Dad had run downstairs. It took me a while to click I was the only one in! The next day I found there had been one with an epicentre near Liverpool IIRC magnitude 3.5

• Like 16

2 minutes ago, The Lurker said:

Well she pleaded not guilty so perhaps she believes she didn’t murder them.

and as PB says, she has a full life term so it is the only way she will ever get freedom.

Her parents and the friend who attended every day of the trial have similar beliefs.

• Like 7
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

2 minutes ago, Hroth said:

The only earthquake I've experienced was one that had its epicentre somewhere near Wrexham.

The effect was of a strong Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...... for several seconds but nothing fell over, or off.  Just a bit unusual!

1 minute ago, The Lurker said:

I experienced one back in the 80s back home in Kent. It sounded like my Dad had run downstairs. It took me a while to click I was the only one in! The next day I found there had been one with an epicentre near Liverpool IIRC magnitude 3.5

As far as Kent is concerned, Wrexham is "near" Liverpool, and the date feels right, so it probably was the same one.

• Like 15

38 minutes ago, Hroth said:

As far as Kent is concerned, Wrexham is "near" Liverpool, and the date feels right, so it probably was the same one.

And the report says that most of the damage was in Liverpool- so perhaps that is what I recall from the News at the time.

I have never been to Liverpool but I have been to Wrexham!

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. I went down to empty the shed at lunchtime to find that it had been moved without disturbing the contents. Sprayed a bit of weedkiller around the patio where the shed had once stood and in the sunshine this afternoon it started doing its stuff. There's a surprising amount of rubble left over, some of it will be used to fill in the holes dug by the foxes, that'll stop them digging.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Bear here.....

A question for the combined wisdom of fellow ER'ers:

Has anyone ever used heat reduction UV window film on house windows in order to drop the temperature?  Was it any good?  The muddle railway room is an upstairs nearly south-facing bedroom so cops the sun just a tad, despite the use of vertical blinds; if the film is worth a punt then I'll give it a go - I'm thinking tinted rather than mirrored.  Thanks

BG

• Like 13