RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

3 minutes ago, polybear said:

Well spotted - it's a day where anyone that knows a Poly sends them oodles of cake; not to do so means ten years' bad luck....

I’ll chance it….

Captain Cynical

• Agree 2
  • Funny 15

34 minutes ago, polybear said:

Well spotted - it's a day where anyone that knows a Poly sends them oodles of cake; not to do so means ten years' bad luck....

You could always try this...

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/air-fryer-lemon-drizzle-cake

However, I know for sure that MY airfryer isn't big enough for a loaf tin, so this may be better

https://www.nigella.com/recipes/members/welsh-girls-lemon-drizzle-cake

Sounds similar but baked conventionally....

• Like 8
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 6

4 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

Oh yes - the only general cargo ship I sailed on had Indian crew, so I used to eat the 'crew curry', much to the disgust of several of my fellow officers who were not connoisseurs of curry!

Good morning from a very wet n windy rock, a total contrast to yesterday.  Todays duties include stripping the cordless mower, that has developed a fault with the control board, it would appear. Pah, it's not very old either, I bet this costs almost as much as new mower to repair.  I normally swear by Bosch products, but this time I swear at them.

I have found Bosch products very expensive for what they are. Unfortunately there are not that many Battery operated mowers on the market so I would suggest you 'grin and bear it' I'm afraid Neil. Unless you wish to go and get a goat.

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, jjb1970 said:

when I asked how reducing the value of the denominator in a certain equation would reduce the output sum, contrary to conventional math, that didn't go well.

I'm thinking he was previously one of JB's students that never turn up to lectures......😆

• Funny 16

• RMweb Premium

If you want a Bosch these days you may as well buy a Parkside, most of which are made by Bosch for Lidl, but without much of the price.

• Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 14
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium
49 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

It appears the control board has an intermittent fault, which is likely the relay, but it is 'potted' in and I can't get it out to replace without destroying the whole thing.  Pah. One Deltic down.

Dodgy solder joint on the PCB?  Might be worth bungin' a soldering iron on them all.

33 minutes ago, TheQ said:

....and unless you give some of your portion to him, you'll be given a very hard stare..

I know a Bear like that....

• Like 3
  • Funny 15

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

I think on domestic products the Bosch name has been devalued somewhat. If you want what was the sort of quality that Bosch used to be like you need one of their Siemens labelled products. We have a lot of Bosch pore tools and garden stuff.  The power tools in an attempt to standardise batteries and the lawnmower as I was fed up of failing Flymo. After a succession of rubbish strimmers I bought a Stihl. Heavy and needs a shoulder strap but actually has a cord feed that works. 
Tony

Ah yes, we have a new Siemens fridge!  Seems like a quality job.

3 minutes ago, TheQ said:

If you want a Bosch these days you may as well buy a Parkside, most of which are made by Bosch for Lidl, but without much of the price.

if only we had a Lidl or Aldi - their attempt to come here was kyboshed by local business leaders.

• Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, polybear said:

Dodgy solder joint on the PCB?  Might be worth bungin' a soldering iron on them all.

Trying to de-pot the board, er, caused 'some damage'.  They use something that is obviously suitable for surviving nuclear warfare.  The relay clicks in but no juice comes out, except when it feels like it - pretty sure it is to blame but it's proving impossible without a blowlamp and a road drill.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 17