RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Goodnight all 

• Thanks 6

Here's something to put you off your bacon butties:

Florida man ...

CNN: Doctors identify source of man’s migraines: tapeworm larvae, likely from undercooked bacon, in his brain

He did, however, admit to a habit of eating “lightly cooked, non-crispy bacon for most of his life,”

Nasty.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 13
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

Enjoyable time at a mates and then down the Club last night "playing".

Today will involve a shopping trip to moreasons ..then.. muddling/going walkabout (although this will depend upon the weather).

Positive thoughts to any of our ERs who are unwell or missing in action.

Baz

• Like 19

5 hours ago, BR60103 said:

Since it's already Thursday, somewhere,   Happy Pi day.

Mmmmmm..,.  Pie!

I'll pop out and get a nice pie for tea, otherwise it'll be fish'n'chips...

• Like 15
  • Funny 1

As a number of posters on ER are reinventing themselves/polishing up their image/seriously working on self-improvement, I thought the following would be of interest, very much in the vein of “well, if they can do it, I certainly can”.

Wildlife trust plans 'image makeover' for slugs and snails https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-68539052

Edited by iL Dottore
  • Like 11
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 7

5 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

As a number of posters on ER are reinventing themselves/polishing up thier image/seriously working on self-improvement, I thought the following would be of interest, very much in the vein of “well, if they can do it, I certainly can

Wildlife trust plans 'image makeover' for slugs and snails https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-68539052

And you can eat them too!

Allegedly...

• Like 3
  • Agree 6
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, jjb1970 said:

Belated best wishes to New Haven Neil!!

I am busy away in London, enjoying the spectacle of watching/listening to developed countries patronising developing ones by ignoring everything the poorer countries say and telling them what they should be doing and what they need. Or maybe I'm just getting too jaded by it all. 

Hardly jaded, just realistic.

”Developed” countries have too many financial-self interests involved in providing “aid” (of whatever type).

God Forbid that the NGOs and governments of “Developed Countries” actually listened to and heeded what poorer countries say they want and need. It could cause the entire “aid industry” to collapse. And then what would the makers of expensive SUVs do? How would the airlines fill the First Class cabins? Not to mention what would happen to livelihoods of local “fixers” who provide poorly paid local staff to NGOs etc at exorbitant prices?

And to rub salt in the wound - if this were to happen, those poor Ivy League/Oxbridge educated “leaders” of NGOs and governments would have nobody to condescend to or talk down to…

Or am I being a teeny-tiny bit cynical here?

• Like 6
  • Agree 8
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, DaveF said:

only I brief awakening courtesy of my bladder

Without needing to know the details I wonder if something as simple as cranberry juice might help.

Dr. SWMBO uses it to good effect.  She suggested I do so recently following an increase in nocturnal visits.  It soon settled things down.  

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 10

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Hroth said:

Mmmmmm..,.  Pie!

I'll pop out and get a nice pie for tea, otherwise it'll be fish'n'chips...

Funnily enough/coincidentally, my plan for today was already pie for din dins tonight - in the form of pastie* for him, "plant based"** sosij rolls* for me.

*Out of the freezer!

**They have proved better tasting than some "real" sosij rolls I have tasted down the years and suit me for convenience once a week/fortnight/month/longer (it varies).

So, a Happy Pi Day to you, then.🥧

Edited by southern42
  • Like 19

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, iL Dottore said:

As a number of posters on ER are reinventing themselves/polishing up their image/seriously working on self-improvement, I thought the following would be of interest, very much in the vein of “well, if they can do it, I certainly can”.

<<Quote>> Only a small fraction of about 150 species of molluscs in the UK pose problems* for gardeners, with the majority contributing positively to the ecosystem, the trust said. <<End Quote>>

Yeah! They gobble up my plants! 

• Like 4
  • Agree 6
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

' morning all from red dragon land.

Dry for a couple of hours then more of the wet stuff. The odd glimpse of the yellow ball out there. Temp. in double figures 10.3C but breezy out so I doubt it will feel it.

Psyching myself up for a toot on the flute - in other words, it is time to let Henry loose and do a few hobbies jobbies before I start.

Take care. Be good. You can do it.

Polly

Edited by southern42
  • Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 16

1 hour ago, Gwiwer said:

Pie Day

Screenshot2024-03-14at10_26_39.png.c253939e26f30261ec8bbd7715275fc6.png

Are they actually edible comestibles  or just an AI "interpretation" of what a proper pie looks like?

The thing on the right vaguely resembles a sausage roll (a "proper" soss roll would have a LOT more soss in it), but the thing on the left????

• Like 12