The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

When I visited Barbados the hotel was a series of cabins set in a garden which included several mango trees

The Indians I associate with only rate Alphonso mangoes as the real thing, all other varieties are considered inferior.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 7
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

The Indians I associate with only rate Alphonso mangoes as the real thing, all other varieties are considered inferior.

As I recall that was the variety served up in Barbados.

• Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
55 minutes ago, Smiffy2 said:
57 minutes ago, Smiffy2 said:

The breakfast was excellent, sausage, bacon, hash browns, fried egg, tomato and toast.

WOT, No Beans??  😱

• Like 2
  • Funny 12
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

@polybear  take a stotty. Slice across the middle. Apply butter or marg to suit. Add boiled ham and peasecpudding on one side of the stotty. Eat.. you could add pickled red cabbage or beetroot if you are that way inclined. Excellent. And no its not barf its dal by another name!

Baz

• Like 15
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Barry O said:

And no it’s not barf its dal by another name!

Dal enhanced with pork fat, when Mum used to buy it but quite often just vegetable based now. 

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 15
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold

Another reason it took me until I left home to appreciate lentils was that Mum had a habit of adding red lentils to stews near the end of cooking so they were still hard and slightly bitter. 

• Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Flanged Wheel said:

I’m allergic to peanuts, not anaphylactic but it’s not pretty. This makes eating in south east Asia a very entertaining lottery. I haven’t always won…

My dislike of nuts and peanuts is just that . I am not allergic at all just picky! I do try them occasionally just to confirm I still dislike them. Oddly enough I really like cooked peanuts as in satay sauce. 

• Like 12
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

May be a problem for some going to Ally Pally

Drivers told to 'take the train' during M25 closure

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c4nrd0n7299o

We are still planning to use the northeast stretch (junctions 29 to 25 ) on Sunday which is about as far from the closure as possible. We will check before we travel. I did wonder about going to Ally Palace but decided not to last week. 

• Like 13

44 minutes ago, Flanged Wheel said:

I’m allergic to peanuts, not anaphylactic but it’s not pretty. This makes eating in south east Asia a very entertaining lottery. I haven’t always won…

Similar here but ok with peanuts. Almonds, wallnuts and brazils cause me issues. Funnily enough had a telephone appointment with docs this to discuss recent allergic reactions this morning and have been referred to immunology department for tests.  I’ve had to wait best part of three weeks for phone consultation.  
‘No adrenaline pen, call 999 if you have any breathing problems’. Thanks.

Was that a rant?

• Friendly/supportive 19