RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Bear here.....

Up at a much more sensible hour (0700) today; first mission was to replace a busted handle on the bathroom UPVC Window ("It just fell apart in my Paws....honest") which took a bit longer than it should've done but was easy all the same. 

Now it's not common knowledge (so don't go spreadin' it about now in case that bloke Attenborough gets wind of it) but Poly's have certain, well, Tufty-like tendencies and tend to squirrel away "useful stuff" just in case they come in, well, useful....and it just happened that Bear had a spare handle in Beamland (and I even managed to find it too).

After that?  Er, dross really.  Oops.

Post din-dins was a pitstop wander, followed by a visit to the Chemist to collect a prescription; as I approached the Co-op** there were three Co-op Staff (all young guys - maybe Head Office are learning at last?) outside - no idea what it was all about but at a guess it looked like a couple of young lads had tried their luck nickin' and got spotted by staff and "seen off".  It's a Jungle out there..... 

(** The one that's been robbed a couple of times in recent weeks - apparently the staff had some sort of argument with scrotes outside the shop a few days back as well) 

BG

• Like 16

2 hours ago, polybear said:

Jury?  What Jury??

Don’t want one of those - all they do is make things more expensive by wantin’ travel expenses and then after six weeks listenin’ to Lawyer cr@p they go and do something dumb like find them innocent 😡

Now, now, Bear. Justice must follow its inexorable path and reflect the will of the people.....

_e5ccc454-c65c-42bb-a0db-9fd6e4e1c9c0.jpg.21f225554086a98cfd93a386bc0c43a3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium

And whilst we're on the subject of Bear's wander......

Just who was the fellow ER'er who said to Bear a few weeks back that yes, it was ok to go walkin' in the rain??

image.png.705871b7392495f1d94e862ab77992d7.png

C'mon, don't be shy now, Bear isn't upset......honest.....

image.png.18a4c4604c59f6284fa55307757ca2ff.png

• Funny 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

I've had a couple of days absence due to a medical hiccup. All was well following my operation then on Saturday I felt a pain on the inside of my right thigh, which got worse over the weekend and felt as thought there was a very nobbly varicose vein underneath that was hard to the touch and the area was somewhat inflamed. On Monday morning I therefore called the hospital and one of the registrars told me to see my GP immediately. I did so and got an appointment within the hour at which blood tests were taken and the leg examined. The blood test results were in by 1800 and indicated that I could have a DVT so I was told to report to the duty GP doctors at Telford hospital to have an ultrasound scan as a matter of some urgency. After being examined yet again, though, I was told that there was no-one on duty at night who could do it so I was given an anti-coagulant injection and told to go this morning to another hospital unit for a scan. When I got to the hospital I was told to expect to be there for several hours and for starters went through the sort of rigmarole with blood pressure, etc. that is usually the precursor to an admission. After a lengthy wait I was a bit surprised when they then went through exactly the same examination and blood tests as had been done yesterday so I queried what was going on and when could I expect the ultrasound scan? The reply was that I was being assessed for eligibility to have one so I pointed out that yesterday no fewer than  three doctors had decided following examinations and blood tests that I definitely did need one so I was examined by yet another doctor and it was finally decided that yes, I did need an ultrasound scan but they were booked up until Thursday so I was given a prescription for some anticoagulants, sent home and told to report back on Thursday at 1145. You couldn't make it up.

Dave

That is appalling.  I hope you manage to get a scan before Thursday  but it just seems so disorganised.

David

• Agree 15
  • Thanks 1

Wet and windy in Manchester, decided not to go to the gym today, seems to getting too easy to avoid the gym.

Spent the week so far reaquainting myself with web development, got to add some new functionality to a web application I developed 12 months ago.  Everything going to plan so far but I've yet to get to a point where an actual user has to test it and come up with 1000 other things it could do.

I am being fuelled though by a rather nice home done salt n pepper chicken fried rice (the rice comes from Aldi in a useful pack I just fry it after doing all the other ingredients).

IMG_7188.jpg.686ec03a6de3230e8ca56a8cb841e09c.jpg

Tis rather yum - onions, chilli, chicken, an egg, Aldi fried rice and soy sauce plus salt and pepper of course.

• Like 17

We have had some visitors today and “Somebody has been drink my beer”…….

well actually I have had to….to ….share! 

Well a few……a few precious beers from the castle dungeons. 

Me in a sharing beer mood.

IMG_3635.jpeg.094f629ca5ebc3dbe73264744bcb45ba.jpeg

IMG_3636.jpeg.65b22338243d27d52ede0ce439cc79dd.jpeg

That’ll be the one I’m sharing, bottom right. 🤣

• Like 3
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Premium
41 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

IMG_7188.jpg.686ec03a6de3230e8ca56a8cb841e09c.jpg

Jeez, don't eat that whatever you do - it's infested with Maggots......

24 minutes ago, Grizz said:

IMG_3636.jpeg.65b22338243d27d52ede0ce439cc79dd.jpeg

That’ll be the one I’m sharing, bottom right. 🤣

Seems overly generous there Grizz - couldn't they make do with a half?

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

Now, now, Bear. Justice must follow its inexorable path and reflect the will of the people.....

I wonder where Bear sits in judgement.  That isn’t an English court scene. 

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Premium

Well the rain stopped at 10 - after the wettest April day (9am yesterday to 9am today) on the rock, ever.  I know.... 🤧

It has been a sunny afternoon and evening, but the wind is still a bit wild, it was nuts last night and this morning, when the ferry risked a trip to Liverpool passengers couldn't get off as the waves were breaking over the ramp - in the Mersey!

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

I wonder where Bear sits in judgement.  That isn’t an English court scene. 

Similar-ish a bit, but not the same as Fraggle Rock Magistrates.  I don't recall him on the bench when I was presenting naughty young people to them though. (No fancy get-up in juvenile court though).

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold
46 minutes ago, polybear said:

Jeez, don't eat that whatever you do - it's infested with Maggots.....

You will be appearing with Uncle Roger soon, critiquing British rice cooking?

• Like 1
  • Funny 17

• RMweb Gold
37 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

Similar-ish a bit, but not the same as Fraggle Rock Magistrates.  I don't recall him on the bench when I was presenting naughty young people to them though. (No fancy get-up in juvenile court though).

The gavel is the “not English “ item. 

• Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium
54 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

The gavel is the “not English “ item. 

It certainly isn't the item Bear uses....

image.png.3ed399dfcf692602d067079bd51da8a4.png

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 17

• RMweb Premium

ION....

I watched some of the Post Office Scandal Enquiry on the magic moving piccy box earlier - Alan Bates was in the hot seat giving evidence; he estimates that he's worked 40+ hours a week for the last 20 years uncovering what those 'sterds have been up to.  I very much doubt it'll happen but in this Bear's Book it wouldn't be unreasonable to pay him a decent hourly rate for all those hours added to the Compo Payment.

And the more details I hear from him the more amazed (and disgusted) I am - the actions (or not) of the Gov. in particular are shocking.

I do hope that some of them get serious prison time - but I'm less than hopeful.

• Like 10
  • Agree 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. I was watching an archaeology program this evening where they were excavating a Georgian cemetery that was in the way of HS2. The use of the cemetery ceased nearly two hundred years ago and because they had little room for graves they dug the paupers graves extra deep and placed them in there on top of each other. One grave was six metres (twenty feet) deep and stacked with twelve coffins. If you were on the bottom at least the resurrectionists* couldn't get you. *Was quite a problem 200 years ago and although they haven't found any empty coffins yet there were a few with evidence of attempted body snatching but the remains were still in situ.

• Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 5