Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
29 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

If you are prepared to have a resin strap the cheap Casio (pictures on Argos website) are tough. They do slightly more expensive ones with expanding straps but I don’t like those (hairy wrists!). They keep time really well. When I broke the one I had used at work for years I did replace it with one of the Casio G shock which is solar powered and gets gps time signals. But the £9.99 one is fine!

Bear has splashed a cool 1/7th of a Deltic on a Limit watch that hopefully ticks all the boxes; any watch with a strap becomes a snagging hazard on the 6ft tall roller cages we load/unload on to the vans at the Hospice Warehouse (an expanding strap has a lot more chance of simply being dragged off your wrist....hopefully....)

ION.....

BBC TV News = death by Post Office enquiry waffle.....🤬

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
57 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

Half time at the footy, I'm bowing to the popular vote so  this is the last one, I'm naming it   "ER backlash".🙂

😢

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 8

2 hours ago, polybear said:

😢

Cry not, you were rescued by that helicopter and have a long and happy life ahead of you.

Unfortunately @iL Dottore had a prime leg of Aardvark  in a baked bean sauce almost done in his sous vide thingy,  and refused to leave it.    He was posthumously awarded the Toblerone and bar.

And me?

I created the entire thing via AI sitting here 12,000 miles away  in my  reception room number 7 or whatever while watching (spoiler alert!!!) The Bombers down the Doggies.

The nearest ER to me is probably @enzand even though he has an unfair advantage of being 2 hours ahead of me,  I can easily bamboozle him by rolling balls past him in an underarm fashion.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 17

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, polybear said:

Bear was heartbroken to discover that someone has sent his Biography to Charity......  🤣

We still have a lot of children’s books that feature bears. 

• Like 13
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 2

8 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

We still have a lot of children’s books that feature bears. 

And my local service station has a lot of polar bear books on the top shelf wrapped in plastic..

image.png.e3846a75aad15fb812b3a37c2a02c8fa.png

• Like 3
  • Funny 12

6 hours ago, polybear said:

I also need to order a new "kicking around in" watch 😒 as my current one has died at long last😢 despite having a new battery.  P

What about a Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust in plain stainless steel*! https://www.rolex.com/watches/datejust/m126300-0005

I have worn mine constantly since 1992 - the watch is indestructible!  Works out at about 34p/day (the longer you have it, the cheaper the per diem cost).

It had a cleaning and service after about 15 years of daily wear. It's now time for its second clean and service.

*wedding present from Mrs iD.

Edited by iL Dottore
  • Like 14
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 4

43 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

Watch?

To tell the time I use my phone.

Yes, my watch strap broke about 3 years ago and I've not got around to replacing it. I don't carry my phone around at home so its been very interesting to discover how little (other than habit) I actually need to know what the time is.

If I needed to rely on public transport it'd be different, but because I don't, and because I rarely watch broadcast TV ( except the AFL!)  I have discovered that I rarely need to know the time instantly, for every other time I can just look at the microwave clock or ask google. 

Its very liberating and as a bonus  I no longer have the pale stripe on my wrist where the watchstrap used to block my tan from happening.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 15
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

no longer have the pale stripe on my wrist where the watchstrap used to block my tan from happening.

The dermatologist I saw recently was very impressed that I had been to the Med in summer and had come back as pale as when I set out. I was,very good with the factor 50 and wearing my hat. Though the lump she wanted removed and sent for biopsy wasn’t anywhere that had been exposed to the sun. 

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 5

2 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

The dermatologist I saw recently was very impressed that I had been to the Med in summer and had come back as pale as when I set out. I was,very good with the factor 50 and wearing my hat. 

I  don't tend to wear sunscreen, except strangely when I go to the beach. That's probably every Australians habit, you spend 6 hours gardening unprotected, but afterwards you go to the beach and cover yourself in factor 50 or whatever. Pretty  much EVERYONE wears a hat of some  kind however.

Except a crown, they are completely sh!t at stopping the sun from burning you,  which is why we are ruled from the UK rather than here. 

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 7

11 minutes ago, Erichill16 said:

If we dont make a move soon eyelid inspection may be  resorted to. 

Wakey wakey, hands off snakey!

MAybe this'll cheer you up -  Some Australian bogan punk, dont play in front of MIL though! 

Jeez, we swear a lot.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
57 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

And my local service station has a lot of polar bear books on the top shelf wrapped in plastic..

image.png.e3846a75aad15fb812b3a37c2a02c8fa.png

That’ll be the one next to Gr*at Western Journal no doubt.

52 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

What about a Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust in plain stainless steel*! https://www.rolex.com/watches/datejust/m126300-0005

Bear has one - twelve quid from Chinatown, K.L.

The real deal over here just make you a target; I’m even careful where I wear the fake - but if some scrote(s) did decide to try their luck (and Bear decided that no, I don’t fancy my chances against a Machete) then at least I can have a good larf afterwards.  

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 6

9 minutes ago, polybear said:

That’ll be the one next to Gr*at Western Journal no doubt.

Hmm, that'd be a VERY niche interest down here, Great Western to us is a motel chain. 

It'd have absolutely no chance against the local wildlife, who have discovered the cash they can make from opening an Onlyfans account.

image.png.a453dd9c76ddab348781a96774eff98a.png

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 1
  • Funny 17

• RMweb Premium

Bear’s on a hilly wander - I think I’ll try my luck at a double Killer Hill ascent today, just for fun 😦

A guy on the table in front of me has just had din dins with Chips - plus a big side-order of Chips; at a guess I’d say he’s known as Challenger 2 - cos he certainly is a big lad.  By the look of him he’ll do well to see 30….

Bear Gone

• Friendly/supportive 16

43 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

Wakey wakey, hands off snakey!

MAybe this'll cheer you up -  Some Australian bogan punk, dont play in front of MIL though! 

Jeez, we swear a lot.

Thanks for that, it certainly kept me awake. I wonder if the singer/guitarist bares any resemblance to @iL Dottore when he’s having a thrash on one of his guitars? (Half way through video)  

Edited by Erichill16
  • Funny 9

3 minutes ago, Erichill16 said:

Thanks for that, it certainly kept me awake. I wonder if the singer/guitarist bares any resemblance to @iL Dottore when he’s having a thrash on one of his guitars? 

YESSS! 

I wondered that  when he went for the sausage sanger at  around the 35 second mark. "Thats bloody @iL Dottore" I thought to myself.

• Funny 15

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

Great Western to us is a motel chain

Best Western here. Because the “Great” has been appropriated for another industry. 

Just as Australians know the burgers are better at Hungry Jack’s. Because an Adelaide business was “The Burger King” and David beat Goliath in court when it came to a stoush over the branding. 

In other news Dr SWMBO arrived on time for a change. Which means her tally of Delay Repay claims is now 36 out of 42 trips. That’s 36 which did not arrive within 15 minutes of the advertised time. A few have been over 60 minutes late and two have been over 2 hours late. 

Not-so-Great Western Railway, then. 

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 2

18 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

Just as Australians know the burgers are better at Hungry Jack’s. Because an Adelaide business was “The Burger King” and David beat Goliath in court when it came to a stoush over the branding. 

And not forgetting the Kylie stoush!

In 2015 Kylie-come-lately Kylie Jenner attempted to copyright the word Kylie - and being American she assumed it'd be just a thing that happenned just because she asked for it, being a rich American and all that.

BUT.... she hadn't figured on the downunder powerhouse  - everybody's favourite singing budgie,  Kylie...Minogue! It went to a trademark shootout in some US court thingy and 

Our Kylie 

image.png.54da96fc1fccbae5b8a08a17b5c31a7b.png

beat their  Kylie.

image.png.98f7bc8d184f4754f2ab3bf6f85bb8e8.png

Yay for us.

image.png.e9eb5aa958d2401c6e05536e4955cc94.png

SO she can still call herself Kylie, instead of say, Bruce.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 9

36 minutes ago, Erichill16 said:

Thanks for that, it certainly kept me awake. I wonder if the singer/guitarist bares any resemblance to @iL Dottore when he’s having a thrash on one of his guitars? (Half way through video)  

Naah!

I'm not that slim or that handsome....

• Funny 14
  • Friendly/supportive 2