The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

As it was Diwali today Aditi thought we should have a vegetarian meal. However as she didn't know what time she would be home rather than an Indian meal she asked for one of her favourite childhood meals which was macaroni cheese. I made it with four different cheeses, the Red Leicester made it look a bit custard coloured but under candlelight (Diwali tradition rather than romantic evening!) it was OK.

I'm not sure Matthew is entirely up with Hindu festival tradition as apparently he had pigs blood and pig "insides" today. He said it wasn't that nice really. Living in the international student accommodation at calgary certainly lets him sample world cuisine! Though he went round a Walmart recently and was shocked at the (lack of) vegetable choice.

Tony

Edited by Tony_S

....my bangers and mash tasted better pre the phone call from our vicar to say that he thought I would be the ideal candidate to become the new governor for our church school.

Funny how you think of the reasons not to do something once you've put the phone down.

If it wasn't 'glass of wine time' before...it is now.

Have a great evening everybody

Dave

Edited by Torr Giffard LSWR 1951-71
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Did someone mention stuffing? :scratchhead:

Alright. I own up. We had stuffed pork with bubble and squeak. Practicing for Boxing Day - well, that's my excuse.

Sat down after dinner to watch Rosemary and Thyme but got distracted by ERs from page 1305 onwards...Now R&T has finished and I haven't a clue what it was about. No doubt it'll do the rounds again, and I've probably seen it anyway. :D

Now, that must say something about this place. Nice to 'know' you all - Rule Number One in written English classes - don't use the word 'nice' :mosking: . Never was much good at English - even ended up before the head of English at 16 who told me I would fail - close (lowest pass mark). Did fail Use of English in 6th form though. So, yes, this place is nice, very nice and I have you all to thank for that.

Have a nice evening all while I catch up some other nice topics.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Have a nice evening all while I catch up some other nice topics.

Aditi has a problem with the word "nice". She was always the "nice" one while her sister was the "clever" one. She was consistently told she was too "nice" to progress to senior management posts. The problem is that she really is nice but as she points out isn't the same as soft.

I'm sure I was also told in English at school not to use the word nice.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I'm sure I was also told in English at school not to use the word nice.

I can remember that too, even from primary school.

We were also pointed in the direction of Robert Southey's 'The Cateract of Lodore' as an example of how to use a variety of words. One poem I never managed to learn by heart funnily enough.

http://www.bartleby.com/270/1/240.html

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

All this frenetic thinking has got me hungry. So I got on and did some baking....

post-4299-0-22211200-1352816094.jpg

This is genuine cuisine Anglais, so I've left every stone unturned, Ian, in concocting this!!!

Andy

Andy,

I'm sorry to say this, but that is the worst chocolate sponge I've ever seen.

Must try harder (a recurring comment on my old school reports)

Regards

Richard

• RMweb Gold

I think nice has changed meaning over the last century or so. Did not the Duke of Wellington describe Waterloo as "a damned nice thing". I don't think it meant lovely then but something like close or near.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Nice biscuits

Nice, France

Nice programming language

Long ago I could really wind Aditi up by mispronouncing the Nice biscuits as nice not as the French place. And then wind her up even more by replying "How neece" after she had corrected my pronunciation . Her sense of humour is much better now!

• Like 2

Morning all.

Up early as much to do today. In fact I'm awake an hour before my alarm so I think that means my mind is churning things over and is panicking about getting everything done in time.

Still pitch black here, not even pre-dawn (prawn?) for another hour or more...

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Hazy and freezing outside, so I sure as H won't venture outside just yet. I'll be at uni in the afternoon and as we'll be off to Leipzig from Thursday afternoon till Sunday, we'll also need to pack our suitcase. SWMBO got us a nice (there, I said it :sarcastichand: ) new suitcase recently because the other ones we have are definitely showing signs of wearing out.

Happy Hump Day and talk to you again later...

• Like 1

Good morning, all!

Having TIB after a very "nice" sleep! Awoke feeling very relaxed which is always a good sign. Back to Exercise/Dance Class after a two week break due to grandmotherly duties in Crewe.

From tonight's rehearsal for "The Wind in the Willows", we are off books so I must make sure I know my few lines. My costumes have all been sorted and I'm happy with them. We open in just over two weeks!!

Have a nice day!! :)

Edited by Ashcombe
  • Like 2