The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Good morning!

All life is here, it would seem! The happenings in the lives of the ER folk would provide material aplenty for an author! Hatches, despatches, quarrels, fires, floods, illness, mysterious happenings and weather reports from various parts of the world!

All rather quiet in my corner at present, including the grey and overcast view. Hope it's a good day for everyone here.

Sherry

• Like 6

Mornin' all,

Foggy in the Peak District this morning, visibility no more than a quarter of a mile. Poor weather forecast for our charity coach trip to Broadway and Cheltenham on Saturday but seeing as Christmas shopping is an indoor activity all should be well.

Have a great day everybody

Dave

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, grey and gloomy here - but I'm not, Just about to leave to catch the bus to the airport for the flight to Germany. Then it will be a couple of hours on Hannover station (which I've purposely built into the schedule) for some trainspotting before catching the train to where Laura and family live.

I'm rather looking forward to it!

• Like 7

Morning all, grey and gloomy here - but I'm not, Just about to leave to catch the bus to the airport for the flight to Germany. Then it will be a couple of hours on Hannover station (which I've purposely built into the schedule) for some trainspotting before catching the train to where Laura and family live.

I'm rather looking forward to it!

Bon voyage! :bye:

Look forward to the pics., Phil - have a great time.

"Do not attempt to stroke them!"

No, I wouldn't like to rub them up the wrong way.

I think they are basically pretty dim creatures so no recognition - just motionless if approached and then action as food is put within smelling distance.

SWMBO calls one of them Spikey but he doesn't respond.

• Like 1

Bob Hughes has threatened either myself and/or Andy Y.

My parents were both married so I am not a b'stard as you so eloquently call me.

Point 1 - Maybe the members would like to read this and make their own minds up?

Point 2 - I didn't call you that, somebody who knows you a lot better did.

I don't expect this post to remain in situ long, but the members who do get to read it are requested to have a look at the link before joining Skipsey's bandwagon.

• RMweb Gold

Greetings from foggy Essex. Well at least this bit of Essex is foggy, I suppose in such a big county there may be bits without fog.

I'm not sure what I'm doing today. At some time there will be a drive down to the park, and a risotto of some description has been requested for dinner. I suppose I should find out where the polling station is, it used to be in the primary school at the end of the road but is now usually at the Catholic church about 10 minutes walk away.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Point 1 - Maybe the members would like to read this and make their own minds up?

Point 2 - I didn't call you that, somebody who knows you a lot better did.

I don't expect this post to remain in situ long, but the members who do get to read it are requested to have a look at the link before joining Skipsey's bandwagon.

No thanks - people know me on here *and can form their own opinions, they may also remember Bobyou (Yorkshire Pullman) from yourhis outbursts, we don't want links to rubbish

<edit again - I've removed most of my reply, Olddudders makes the point very well and I don't want to feed the troll>

• RMweb Gold

Morning all (except Minerva of course)

Lovely sunny day down here in Suffolk, foggy this morning but not dangerously so, a pleasant drive with the fog hanging on the fields and the sun burning it off.

• Like 1

Morning all ,on this side of the pond it is 3:50 am and i have two cats a wife snoring happily away so i had to get up to find some quiet :-) So here i am sit at the screen chatting to the wide awake world out there , hope you all have a great day i will be napping soon methinks !!!

Good morning all, seems we have a couple of "hero's " in our midst, well done lads!

Net being very slow here this morning, ...........just because it can....... I'll add another aside to the hedgehog story, at one time (certainly in parts of rural 'artfordshire) they where known as "hedge-pigs" there is a method of cooking them! Remember the furore there was some years back when there were some "Hedgehog flavoured" potato crisps on the market?

It's strange what happens when you Google your name..seems I've got both Twitter & face book accounts.....(not me!) .

Though there's a picture of me with one of my NG trains........

Did try posting this around 3 hours ago......seems to have got lost in cyber space!

Enjoy your day folks,

Trev.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

The Minerva intrusion is the first bad blood on ERs in my memory. Pity it's appeared. Members come and go by choice on Forums for all sorts of reasons. I greatly enjoyed SEmG for some years, but resented the majority vote for it to stay as a Yahoo Group, with what I saw as a stilted form of communication compared with this software. I left - but would recommend SEmG to anyone with an interest in matters Southern. So the references to senior members' activities outside RMweb make no difference to my view of this place - or most of the people here.

I move next business - have a good day all!

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Mornin'...

Been running errands in preparation for our trip later today and need to tidy up some before I leave, too. I guess the next time I'll be reporting in will thus be from en route or après l'arrivée. Phil – you have a good trip, too! B)

SWMBO calls one of them Spikey but he doesn't respond.

Reminds me of lines from "The Wind In The Willows" :-

HEDGEHOG HERBERT: Rat's too prickly.

RABBIT RONALD: You're a fine one to talk.

HEDGEHOG HERBERT: Why?

RABBIT RONALD: You're a hedgehog.

HEDGEHOG HERBERT: Do you mind? I find that remark rather offensive.

Made me smile. ;)

• Like 2

Morning all - dull and overcast here today. So comfort food season continues hereabouts...

post-4299-0-46228000-1352970658.jpg

Brilliant school report for my 8 y/o last night. Well done!!!!

Hope for similar from the 5 y/o tonight.

SWMBO noticed that I'd cleaned the house yesterday so I'll be in the pub tomorrow night.

Struggling to settle to work recently - I blame the lure of ER!

Andy

Edited by AndyB
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

looks more like ice cream to me - and some sort of crumble?

Anyway that delight apart and the good school reports (well done) and the feeding of hedgepigs (the crisps tasted awful, must be the way they cooked the prickles) it's a grey day here and likely to stay that way according to Exeter's seaweed. Hope Phil has a good time auf Deutschland, I'm not sure about Hannover for train watching - lots of passenger train activity but looking on Google maps there would appear to be an alternative freight route so he might miss out on that (and 143s perhaps as a result?).

Have a good day folks and if Ash needs any scenery painted MRs S did all the school plays (sorry) and some top notch backscenes for their regular 'Wind In The Willows'.

• Like 2