Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Attending a meeting this morning to form a view about which swathes of villages are going to be disfigured in order to get the power generated by the Wind Farms to the Grid (about 18-20 miles).

One would have thought that it would have been planned before building the things.

There are three possible routes.

Nimbys unite!

We can't see the turbines from here but those on the other side of the mountains can't see much else.

Some have seen their homes devalued.

A couple of farmers are making good money from renting the space.

The 'consultation' today is probably a foregone conclusion wrapped up in a PR exercise.

Raining.

• Like 3

A dusting of snow here in Hampshire. It'll be gone by the time the children come out of school, so no chance of building a snowman or playing snowballs on the meadow.

Solicitors this morning to start probate. Probably behind the drag curve on this but sure I won't be the first.

Then doing battle with a government e-portal. Their user manual states: "This document is very repetitive and only the introduction is informative." Sort of begs the question?

SWMBO looked at the two baseboards end to end filling the lounge and drew breath before casting a verdict. So they may need to be shortened by a couple of feet. Planning continues.   

Andy

• RMweb Gold

Morning from a very snowy Harsewinkel. German snow seems to be less problematic than the UK kind, everyone just gets on with it. Householders are responsible, by law apparently, for clearing the stretch of pavement in front of their house and snow ploughs make a good job of keeping the roads clear.

Looks like I won't be stranded here then.....shame.

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

When I wiped the snow off the car there was ice underneath which was a bit worrying but the drive in was fine. I have just heard from a colleague her husband is driving up to Aberdeen today from Sheffield he hopes to be there in 8 hours............

• RMweb Gold

Like Mick my car has an inch or so of snow but very icy underneath.

Working at home today so got away without having to travel in it, at least until I have to go to the dentists this afternoon.

It's currently snowing, very lightly, again.

Have a good day all.

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Can't claim that we have snow in these parts, just looks like somebody has had a bad experience with the icing sugar. Despite this the golf course is closed so I may have to do some modelling this morning instead. Either that or fritter away the time on RMweb...

Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 2

Gruffalo

you are thinking of Sunrises this is a sun set . From the roof light in Apse Heath  south is St martins Down so this is looking across the ends of Appuldurcham and St Catherines Down. By Summer the sunset will have moved round to be over Arreton Down. Where  were you in those days? 

Don

Thanks Don,

Apse Heath is where my mother (long since departed) reversed my uncle's (even longer departed) brand new Hillman Minx up onto a bank at a triangular junction one spring Sunday afternoon around 1958, much to her great embarrassment and a drain on her purse! Having moved around the UK, worked abroad and now being semi-retired, I am unfortunately about as far from the sea as I can get on the borders of Northamptonshire and Warwickshire. I am not sure the tranquility of IoW would suit me now but it had some really beautiful places.

Tony

Currently depositing light snow flakes in west Northamptonshire, adding to the <1cm lying from overnight. Temperature is cold enough for it to stick and there is ice beneath. I suspect I will be taking Madam Gruffalo into town for her hair appointment as I enjoy challenging driving conditions whilst she does not!

• RMweb Gold

Cold, grey, wet and miserable today.

And that's just me!

After the light covering of snow last night, the weather has now turned to rain. Even Elsa has turned her nose up at going out.

Although she is quite happy in puddles and ditches, she is convinced that falling rainwater will make her melt.

She is currently pretending to be the carpet at the top of the stairs, aka trip hazard!

I shall spend the rest of the morning pre-painting all the skirting boards prior to installation in the bedroom.

I hope everyone else has a good day.

Regards

Richard

• Like 1

Attending a meeting this morning to form a view about which swathes of villages are going to be disfigured in order to get the power generated by the Wind Farms to the Grid (about 18-20 miles).

One would have thought that it would have been planned before building the things.

There are three possible routes.

Nimbys unite!

We can't see the turbines from here but those on the other side of the mountains can't see much else.

Some have seen their homes devalued.

A couple of farmers are making good money from renting the space.

The 'consultation' today is probably a foregone conclusion wrapped up in a PR exercise.

Raining.

It's dark and cold here, just when you need to turn on lights and central heating for a boost but looking out at the four wind turbines I can see none of them turning, how surprising! Still, there are local hot spots - the hands of farmers who are being paid to host the Huhnemills being rubbed with glee!

A later visit from me today although we were up early to welcome the first visit from our gardener this year.Due to the cold weather (no snow) she's working indoors (she also does cleaning at times) starting with a Spring clean of some kitchen cupboards.

Thirty four years ago today our daughter was born in Groundslow Hospital in Tittensor (yes, really!!), Staffs., in the wintry conditions of 1979, when there were various shortages due to strikes by delivery drivers. Petrol was in short supply which made life difficult for O/H who worked in Birmingham (30 miles South from home) and had to visit baby and me each evening,  20 miles North of where we lived. Happy to report, he made it every time!

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

snowing in my part of Leeds but, unless the garage fixes the Canbus on my Civic no reason for me to go out and about. Her indoors preparing for her first trip out today.

Keep warm if its cold where you are but otherwise - have a nice day!

Just back from the course where believe it or not they are open and some real nutters are attempting to play.  Much as I was flattered to get an invite to join a 4 ball, I thought better of it.  Wimp!

There is a good spread of snow across the ground although the roads are clear.  Hopefully it will pass through quickly.

Now if I can just tear myself away from this PC, I might get some work done....:-)

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Have already fed horses, so not really late on parade. Cold here, 0.5 degrees says the car, with heavy overcast. Tiniest hint of the occasional snowflake but that's all so far.

Deb would have been 58 next week. Any day now, Facebook will start sending out reminders to everyone to wish her a happy birthday. I apparently went though a process to "memorialise" her Facebook page last year, but it doesn't seem to have achieved anything. I suppose it doesn't matter.

Need to do a glass recyc trip today in the village. Not much else on my agenda so far!

Hope everyone stays safe and warm!

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Harbour looks good DD but the battery of Exocet missile silos looks a bit warlike.

Is that the cliff that if it drops into the sea is supposed to generate a tidal wave that will cause great havoc in the US and Europe?