The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

After what seems years of suffering, my Spurs beat Arsenal and could be on their way to Europe...... :yahoo:

None of which will mean anything to those who find football of no interest at all..

...and yes, golf is going great too.

...and I'm taking an interest in railway modelling again.

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

After what seems years of suffering, my Spurs beat Arsenal and could be on their way to Europe...... :yahoo:

None of which will mean anything to those who find football of no interest at all..

All of which seems to be good news, 'tis true.

About 50 years ago - yes, really - my brother was forever on about Spurs winning "the double", apparently the first team to do so. Oddly, he and I have just spoken for the first time in some months.

• Like 1

Ahhh, Spurs. My brother told me that I was going to support them (he did) back in the early 70s. He hasn't yet told me to stop, so I occasionally keep an eye on where they are in the table. It also gives the MiL - a Man U fan - something to have a dig at me over. 

Andy

Not been on for a bit - floods (one accidental, one vandalism) in buildings, caravan getting ready and dog walking. And found on Facebook one of the guys I follow -  https://www.facebook.com/PeteTheVet - was out for a drive today and found a dumped dog dying by the road - he's trying to save her and logging the story on Facebook - good luck, Pete. The pooch is in the safest hands.

Edited by Coombe Barton
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I'd like to remind the honourable gentleman that my lawn still needs cutting - after Mikes of course.

• Like 2

Tony_S - is Matthew saying anything to you about the weather in Calgary? The Vancouver hockey team are supposed to be playing in Calgary tonight. Apparently, their plane is sitting on the runway at Vancouver while they wait to hear if they are going to be able to land in Calgary because of the blizzard (snow and wind) there. Even if they make it, there's talk of the game being postponed because of the difficult conditions for people going to the game.

• RMweb Gold

Tony_S - is Matthew saying anything to you about the weather in Calgary? The Vancouver hockey team are supposed to be playing in Calgary tonight. Apparently, their plane is sitting on the runway at Vancouver while they wait to hear if they are going to be able to land in Calgary because of the blizzard (snow and wind) there. Even if they make it, there's talk of the game being postponed because of the difficult conditions for people going to the game.

I haven't spoken to Matthew today. On Friday afternoon (Calgary time) it was a really lovely day. The weather forecast and current weather for Calgary does look winter-like again. It was colder when Matthew was attempting to leave Calgary recently, but the delays were due to an oil leak on the plane and then big power cut the following day. I'm not sure what would constitute difficult conditions in Calgary. Probably the wind chill. Matthew has commented that the "feels like" temperature quoted on the forecasts is the one he takes notice of.

• RMweb Premium

Bigger, methinks.......... :jester:

Sorry RMwebsters.  RMweb dimensions don't allow it and I had to shrink it to post it here.  :sarcastichand:  :derisive: :laugh:  :D :lol: :haha: :rofl:

Feel free to enlarge as per preference.

Polly

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Not been on for a bit - floods (one accidental, one vandalism) in buildings, caravan getting ready and dog walking. And found on Facebook one of the guys I follow -  https://www.facebook.com/PeteTheVet - was out for a drive today and found a dumped dog dying by the road - he's trying to save her and logging the story on Facebook - good luck, Pete. The pooch is in the safest hands.

I've just had a look at the story on Facebook. I think that is a dog that could end up being called Lucky.

• RMweb Gold

I haven't spoken to Matthew today. On Friday afternoon (Calgary time) it was a really lovely day. The weather forecast and current weather for Calgary does look winter-like again. It was colder when Matthew was attempting to leave Calgary recently, but the delays were due to an oil leak on the plane and then big power cut the following day. I'm not sure what would constitute difficult conditions in Calgary. Probably the wind chill. Matthew has commented that the "feels like" temperature quoted on the forecasts is the one he takes notice of.

My Twitter feed from the Calgary Herald said the RCMP have closed all highways in Southern Alberta due to weather conditions.

I've just sent a text to Matthew to see what he knows.

I've just given the vines their annual pruning random and severe hacking. I'm sure the bears will thank me come autumn! Actually, we grow them for summer shade rather than fruit, so it doesn't have to be too scientific.

• RMweb Gold

Morning/evening all, have caught up with the posts and some nice pics posted. Cold here in west Florida if your a native that is, 68f is not a bad temp in my view, a view not shared by some of our friends here though. Will return to 80+ during the week apparently .

On the last leg of our visit and will soon be back in the uk and time for some modelling, lots to do and yes that will include grass cutting!

Have a good day everyone.

Good day all.

It's Monday!

Gordon has started my day on a happy note. Looking forward to seeing a new update on Eastwood Town.

Lovely photos AndyB. Thanks. Having been nursed on Meccano Magazine and Model Railway News in the 1950s I am familiar with the motive power and stock of the big four so shudder when I see a GW loco pulling Southern coaches and then a Bullied loco with GW stock.

On my model (SAR)I was pernickety that that rakes of coaches were uniform. Not at all prototypical as I am well aware that mixtures were common.

Lovely story about the abandoned dog. Lucky indeed.

Cottage pie today.

I hope you all ave a Happy Week

• Like 4

Morning All, 

A week of corporate c*** infront of me....some clever  person is coming from H.O to tell us how to run things.....

Oh well, best try and look interested, 

so what ever your up to, try and enjoy,

Trev

Morning all,

It is a rather nice morning here - the cloud has gone and there is a bright blue sky and sunshine.  Perhaps Spring is finally on the way?!?

Have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Just a slight overnight frost but it is warming up and the car needed wiping rather than scraping.

I have day of not doing too much, collect prescriptions. walk in the park, but only after waiting for a courier to deliver a package (not train stuff this time).

Tony

Just an update about my friend with bladder cancer.

The operation was very successful and the 'drain' has been removed.

She starts chemo today.

About as good as it could be under the circumstances.

She's very tired.

• Like 14