The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Coombe Barton said:

Also trying to get Sandy taken off mailing lists. 

John

When Mum passed away last year, the Registrar gave us the documents inside a folder provided by 'The Bereavement Register' which will pass on details to the majority (70%) of companies such as mail order suppliers so that the name and address can be removed from mailing lists. I did this and soon after almost everything stopped. I also printed a number of stick on labels to 'Return to Sender' for those that were still delivered.

Details here https://www.thebereavementregister.org.uk/

Hope that helps

Mike

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 16

11 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

Bonjour to all from a getting damper place.  Nurse has been and builder is busy putting tiles on walls. Hopefully  he will be finished in 2 or 3 working days and  Beth will be able to use her new shower unaided.  Not alot else going on except that I have to head for the Danglies of St John to see a cardiologist. Just routine as I am of a certain age.  If he says that I actually have a heart many family members and even more of my old clients will be very surprised. 

Positive thoughts towards Debs and all others in need.

Jamie

A couple of weeks ago we used the services of our insurance companies home doctor team.  In due course they arrived complete with a portable X ray machine. Took about an hour and all checked out OK.  Even remarked my ears could do with a clean out!  They will also make house calls and all are covered by insurance.  Not a bad deal!

Brian.

• Like 19

7 minutes ago, Debs. said:

:bye:Yes thank you, we arrived home at 19.00hrs., following a long day at the hospital and a protracted return drive through heavy traffic in very inclement weather at nightfall......how people can commute regularly in circumstances like that, I can't imagine! :unsure:

Probably we've all done it at one time or another but now when its early morning and we're tucked up in our warm bed:happy_mini:, I think of the poor souls on the dark freeway, raining hard, trucks spraying water on your windshield and you're trying to see where you're going.  And they do it every day commuting to work; at least when you return and get home  you can relax!:good:

Brian.

• Like 9
  • Agree 9

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Coombe Barton said:

This is page 7999 and post 19955 - just sayin'

As something of a newbie on ERs, I will attempt to avoid becoming the one who tips either milestone. There are far more valued contributors than I to whom I bow.

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Coombe Barton said:

This is page 7999 and post 19955 - just sayin'

7999, I see, but 19955 doesn't appear on my browser. I guess that the first post on page 8000 will, however, be 199976! (7999 completed pages x 25 posts per page = 199975 but I appreciate that you have other things on your mind;))

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Like 9

AY Mod:

Just wanted to edit a post to strikeout some text.

Posting a new reply has the S option but edit does not, it would seem. Or am I missing something?

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, JohnDMJ said:

AY Mod:

Just wanted to edit a post to strikeout some text.

Posting a new reply has the S option but edit does not, it would seem. Or am I missing something?

When i go into edit I have the strike over feature there - is it a glitch for some reason on a particular post I wonder? 

Just tried on this one and it worked ok for me

Edited by The Stationmaster
  • Like 8

9 minutes ago, JohnDMJ said:

7999, I see, but 19955 doesn't appear on my browser. I guess that the first post on page 8000 will, however, be 199976! (7999 completed pages x 25 posts per page = 199975 but I appreciate that you have other things on your mind;))

The post count appears on the forum page which is where I got it from. And page 8001 with start with post 200001

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 9

8 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

The post count appears on the forum page which is where I got it from. And page 8001 with start with post 200001

Thanks!

Must look for the forum page,  but, yes, the last post (it seems to be doubly present this year) on page 8000 will be 200000!

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

14 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

When i go into edit I have the strike over feature there - is it a glitch for some reason on a particular post I wonder? 

Just tried on this one and it worked ok for me

OK, I'll re-check.

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Like 4

On 06/11/2019 at 21:16, New Haven Neil said:

Beer barrels = trouble.

2001631058_ohoh.jpg.197c8e068f9a5c268a1f51f2c16ed256.jpg

So that is why he has been quiet lately!

Cant understand why supermarkets have so many checkouts standing idle with perhaps 4 in use, a lot of money earning nothing

Night awl

Edited by laurenceb
  • Like 12

3 minutes ago, JohnDMJ said:

OK, I'll re-check.

Strike Through:

It does not seem consistent here! Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't!

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 6

11 minutes ago, laurenceb said:

So that is why he has been uiet lately!

Cant understand why supermarkets have so many checkouts standing idle with perhaps 4 in use, a lot of money earning nothing

Night awl

Difference between capital expenditure on infrastructure (spent once when the place was built) and operational expenditure ( employing staff to run the thing). The till's not costing you anything when idle, but staff when idle do cost.

Edited by Coombe Barton
  • Like 2
  • Agree 14

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

Difference between capital expenditure on infrastructure (spent once when the place was built) and operational expenditure ( employing staff to run the thing). The till's not costing you anything when idle, but staff when idle do cost.

I do wonder what the proportion of “errors” on these self checkout systems are and the impact upon profitability. Of course we the punters will eventually pay any profit shortfall in higher prices, I see Tess&co profits are up again.

• Like 3
  • Agree 9