Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, AndrewC said:

hoofw*nking bunglec*nts. 

Brilliant
Have you written an algorithm to generate these terms or is it all your own work?

• Funny 17

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Happy Hippo said:

AndrewC is slipping.

I didn't learn any new words today!

You just used the word 'suggest' in a post though - not something a Hippo would normally use surely?

Dave

• Funny 19

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, AndrewC said:

Spend a few hours trawling my twitter feed. :o HWBC is a fairly common insult these days. There also seems to be a penchant for combining a small animal with genitalia and similar. for example cockwomble. c*ntpuffin. b0llockbadger, sh*tweasel.  etc. 

Hippobottomus? (not exactly a small animal I know but.....).

Edited by Dave Hunt
  • Funny 18

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. The trip down to Tess Coes was quite successful only I forgot entirely about the eggs. Bread, milk and veg was obtained plus a few other items including bread pudding. The problem is to make the bread pudding last beyond tonight a few days, it is rather moreish. The queue to get in although long took only about 20 minutes to get into the store. One slight problem in the queue though, one stupid woman was so busy texting that she didn't notice the queue in front moving forward and a few thought that was the end of the queue until it was pointed out to them and they quite happily went to the real end of the queue. The woman just moved up and carried on texting without saying a word. 

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon Awl, 

Payment at TES and Co  was by card, I don't know if that all they are doing as that's how I normally  pay. 

Inkle loom sanded and painted one side,  if dry I'll do the other tomorrow.. 

Keel skin fitted one side,  very happy with the way it looks. It's sat there with around 20 clamps round the edges and a lot of weight on the middle of the  side.

First job on the layout  was to separate the scenic board from the main board,  I had plastered the two together,  and used a slitting disc to spit them..  Unfortunately during the snowstorm SWMBO turned up... She wasn't impressed.

More slartybartfast work followed,  and after the dust had settled the first of many layers of varnish,  for the loco. This thing keeps changing loch to loco..  Varnish now protected by a sheet of plastic. 

Then ply was extracted from the landrover,  for the next board,  this will not be my normal foam construction as it will include a sideways moving board with I hope 16 pieces of parallel metal.. 

On leaving the MhRC a small deer ran past me.

Ben the knackered Collie is beside me asleep as SWMBO took him out because  I was busy..  They got a little wet due to a short sharp shower. 

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

I'm still waiting for a Log In so I can answer calls on the Citizens Advice "Advice Line". The IT consultants are obviously struggling to create several thousand remote users. Given the number of new UC claimants, the demand for advice will be massive. It is frustrating not being able to help those colleagues who are already on the system. The supply chain in Brentwood seems to be improving; both Wilko and the local Coop finally had toilet paper and kitchen towel in stock. Iceland were raided for some supplies including a few tins of chopped tomatoes. Everyone queuing did so in good spirit and observed the 2m rule. Sadly the same cannot be said of the idiots who decided to run through the High Street with total disregard of how close they got to people.

I'm keeping busy, some plywood has being turned into retangular solids to which nickel silver and plasic have been stuck to the top and a combination of wire, terminal blocks and and a District Cut Out arranged on the underside. Once some suitable size screws have been delivered (as I can't collect) the boards will be resting on brackets attached to the wall.

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

4 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

The hapless help(less)desk person then told him to email them to explain the problem

At least he went one step beyond "have you tried turning it off and back on again.." aka "The IT Crowd"

:jester::jester:

• Agree 3
  • Funny 15

10 hours ago, Barry O said:

Ey up!

Good  morning to most, good evening to others.

Someone in the TV films selection group has a strange mindset.

Contagion..all about a virus taking over the world.

In which we serve.. stoic british sailors band together to support a dwindling number of survivors

Then.."The African Queen"

Lummy..how to be cheered up!

Have a cracking day/evening. 

Positive thoughts to all who ail especially Mrs Lurker.

Mugatea time

Baz

They should have run "On the Beach" to cheer everyone up.

• Like 7
  • Funny 10

LA Times has a story about a chorale that held a choir practice in Skagit Valley near Seattle on March 10. Sixty members attended and 45 came down with the virus. Two have died.

They took precautions too. No close contact, hand sanitizer etc. It seems to indicate the virus was spread in the air.

• Informative/Useful 14

• RMweb Premium

Hi everyone.

Thought this might be worth sharing.

I don't know how true this is but Mrs. S. read somewhere that someones cat caught Corona virus from it's owner

https://www.livescience.com/cat-infected-covid-19-from-owner.html

Heads up to all you cat owners out there It might be worth keeping moggie inside.

Actually if you think about it a cat could bring the virus home on it's fir.

regards Shaun

• Informative/Useful 7
  • Friendly/supportive 3

There's now a "thing", (inevitably involving a portmanteau word) called the "catio" (pronounced like patio) or out door cat enclosure, often with permanent access to the interior with a cat flap or tunnel. I saw one on television a week or so ago. (Daytime television is mindrot.)

These permit safe access to the outdoors for cats without exposing the cats to predators (or contact transmitted viruses) or the local birds to cats.

I had assumed these were limited to urban "crazy cat ladies" but when I googled "outdoor cat enclosures" I was met with quite a profusion, including websites like this one that only a dedicated cat fancier could enjoy.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

Or, as I used to call them in my early childhood, Hippomus Potamus.  Nothing like keeping it simple when learning the language, eh? ;)

Always known in our family as a hipporhinocerouspig

don't ask why.. I don't know

baz

• Like 2
  • Funny 17