Meeth Halt

binesrail

HI Chris

I have been given this old photo of Meeth ,any good to you?

Hi Darren,

Yes its a very good photograph, unfortunatly i have already been given the same photograph.

Thanks for the photo anyways, its the thought that counts :yes:

Cheers

Chris

Hi all,

Thanks for all you kind comments. :D

I have now finished all ballesting through the platform and i have to say that the C+L 2mm light grey has worked realy well and looks like just the right mix of colours to match the ballest used on the North Devon & Cornwall Junction Light Railway. I would defonatly advise that if you have not ballested your layout yet and are still deciding what to use i would say go for C+L!

Ive also been busy making a Lever fraim to match the one used at Meeth and Dunsbear Halt. The fraim is just a single lever with no faicing point lock but insted an electric tocken lock so the point could only be operated if the driver had the tocken.

Hope you like.

Speak soons and happy modelling.

Chris

post-2641-0-40042400-1305631541_thumb.jpg

post-2641-0-87137800-1305631575_thumb.jpg

post-2641-0-02410900-1305631611_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

This is my 300th post on RMweb.

Just thought i would let you know. :P

Also ive started on the level crossing at the end of the platform, so more updated to follow soon.

Chirs

Hi all,

Thank you for all your kind comments.

Since the Exeter show ive been busy busy working on the station building and platform. All the ech stone plasticard is now glued to the plain plasticard structure, ive also made up a roof for the station building and made alot of tiles and glued them on individuly, and then put the woden skirt around that. All i have to do now is put an itirior inside the station and add aditional details, then all will be ready to paint! :)

Let me know what you think...

Chris

P.s. The last photo is of Darren beating me up at Meeth Halt! :lol:

post-2641-0-54152400-1307560851_thumb.jpg

post-2641-0-82281700-1307560900_thumb.jpg

post-2641-0-30138900-1307560953_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Looks really good Chris, I'm impressed yes.gif

I have been quietly following so far, it certainly is an interesting project and I'm a sucker for little halts!

The station, sorry, halt platform shelter looks very good - you've captured the look of the prototype well. What are you planning to use for the window frames?

• RMweb Gold

Certainly looking great Chris.

Can I make one suggestion with the staion building, it is never good practice to have even numbers of laminations such as your plasticard shell and then the stone facing. This is likely to cause warping over time that a third lamination would prevent. Perhaps on the inside you use a sheet of material to respresent what ever the interia wall finish was?

Looking good there Chris!

With careful painting, the stone work should look good.

Thanks Richard,

Im going to do alot of practicing on some off cuts of ech plasticard befor i have a bash on the real thing, so i hope i will get it right. lol

Chris

Looks really good Chris, I'm impressed yes.gif

I have been quietly following so far, it certainly is an interesting project and I'm a sucker for little halts!

The station, sorry, halt platform shelter looks very good - you've captured the look of the prototype well. What are you planning to use for the window frames?

I plan to make the window fraims from scratch with some 1mm plasticard, i feel it may take a few attempts to get them just right. :)

Cheers

Chris

Certainly looking great Chris.

Can I make one suggestion with the staion building, it is never good practice to have even numbers of laminations such as your plasticard shell and then the stone facing. This is likely to cause warping over time that a third lamination would prevent. Perhaps on the inside you use a sheet of material to respresent what ever the interia wall finish was?

Hi Graham,

Thanks for the addvice. After you said this i was straight onto putting a third layer of plastcard inside the building and under the roof. Luckily the inside of the building was renderd with cement so no need of fiddly ech stuff. :D

Cheers

Chris

Hope you copy the stonework exactly - stone for stone!!!!!! yes.gif

Go on - you know you can do it!

I shall get right onto it! Go down tomorow and count every single stone, even behind the shed! lol :lol:

Cheers

Chris

Hello again all,

Ive been busy today working on the layout, mainly wiring and wood work building a control box and wiring it up.

Ive built the control box onto the up fiddle yard so i can operate the layout from the front, change the trains around and leave the whole layout free for people to look at (so im not in the way!) The control box is on a door hinge so it can easily be opened to change a switch or add more wires if needed.

Ive also got my Ivatt 41313 back from Darren all nice and weatherd and it now looks very dirty. You have seen it on this thread befor: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/38757-dirty-ivatt/

Here are some photos for you all.

Chris

post-2641-0-37440100-1307915715_thumb.jpg

post-2641-0-48230300-1307915755_thumb.jpg

post-2641-0-79027900-1307915794_thumb.jpg

post-2641-0-93973100-1307915841_thumb.jpg

post-2641-0-13955500-1307915858_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

What a superb prototype for a really small layout!

Well done sir, looks a nice project, and I like your progres so far...

keep it going

It reminds me of another prototype I once fancied,

someone else modelled it - but I was thinking about having a go at something similar,

:rolleyes: one day...

It's a station called "Park Hall Halt" - really tiny,

and it even has the (prototypically) ubiquitous overbridge to act as view blocker to fiddle yard.

There are some pics on the net somewhere...

Keep up the good work

Marc

PS That Darren, just can't trust him to behave eh? :laugh:

• 4 months later...

What a superb prototype for a really small layout!

Well done sir, looks a nice project, and I like your progres so far...

keep it going

It reminds me of another prototype I once fancied,

someone else modelled it - but I was thinking about having a go at something similar,

:rolleyes: one day...

It's a station called "Park Hall Halt" - really tiny,

and it even has the (prototypically) ubiquitous overbridge to act as view blocker to fiddle yard.

There are some pics on the net somewhere...

Keep up the good work

Marc

PS That Darren, just can't trust him to behave eh? :laugh:

Thanks Marc, sorry for the late reply ive only just started work on Meeth again (been busy with full sized railways!)

Yes its a very nice little station there were quite a few on the North Devon & Cornwall Junction Light Railway some stations only 1 carriage long!

Would be nice to see a model of Park Hall Halt, got any plans? lol

Cheers

Chris

Hello again all,

Its been 5 months! time for an update!

Meeth was today dragged down from the loft and set to work on, starting with the yard area. Ive bought the normal very fine grade black stuff from Woodland Scenics and then layed down a good coat of PVA over half the area that i want the yard to be, then over time added more and more layers where it needed it to make small crossings and build up the yard to track level. After ide finished all that i pressed on with weathering the yard area with Warhammer paints, dry brushing on a coat of Bleached Bone over everything and after that had dryed starting from the centre of the track and working my way out getting lighter and lighter as i did so dry brushing on some Graveyard Earth to make the ballest and yard mix together so there wasnt just a set colour for the track and a set colour for the yard.

Anyway im gona stop blabbing on and will let you decide for your self what you think.

P.s. my light isnt the greaest and gives off a very yello light so please take that into concideration, thanks. lol

Speak soons and happy modeling!

Chris

post-2641-0-89092100-1321214611_thumb.jpg

post-2641-0-51668100-1321214656_thumb.jpg

post-2641-0-78145500-1321214690_thumb.jpg

post-2641-0-31954200-1321214726_thumb.jpg

Archived