Members' Day '11 - Date and Venue Announced

Andy Y

Yeah, I didn't tell anyone about the Strictly Come Modelling heats. It means 50% of exhibitors will be wearing sequinned short dresses - it ain't gonna be pretty.

Im already sewing sequins on the tweed jacket :rolleyes:

• RMweb Gold

Yeah, I didn't tell anyone about the Strictly Come Modelling heats. It means 50% of exhibitors will be wearing sequinned short dresses - it ain't gonna be pretty.

So which 50% will you be in Andy or will you just unlock the door and leave us to it?

Second thoughts, how about those New Zealand Belly Dancers, ask David BCP for the contact details...:blink:

• RMweb Premium

Great news Andy -

Date and venue noted, and it's only about two hours with a change at Crewe - used to be direct until they messed upchanged the timetables when the WCML service was speeded up.

The only thing that will stop me being there is illness, or the dreaded "Saturday On". As I'm still on the sick list, I don't know the rosters and I doubt that they're published yet, so I can't even book it as leave as it might be my rota day off.

I'll check back to see what layouts are going to be there. Love the sound of the nearby good pub.

• RMweb Premium

The sequins aren't a problem, but they get a bit hard to sew when scaled down by a factor of 76 - N gauge sequins will, of course, be a bit worse.

But the main worry is not the dresses, it's the bouffant hair and the makeup.

Hi,

Ballroom dancing, anyone!?!

Cheers,

John E.

John, you can lead the membership in to an showing of the locomotion! ;) :lol:

If that was the case Andy, it certainly would be a show to remember! But the image will fade, in time...... :unsure::P

Simon

Andy,

I've felt like a dog's dinner all day but that has just cracked a smile muahahahahahah

I think with it being close to a railway station & not too many miles away from home i think i will come along to the members day next year it always looks like such a good show & i'll also be able to put faces to names & meet some of our parish.

Simon.

• 4 weeks later...

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh yes! Very much so Carl.

BTW I've not forgotten this topic; work continues on the line up (when I can keep up with the PM load) and it promises to be an absolute corker.

• RMweb Premium

But seriously - for sheer craftmanship this will exceed many exhibitions - maybe a mag would be interested in covering it?

Bloomin' 'eck yes, that's an amazingly good idea - we've got enough press contacts here now, I think, Chris L and Chris N to name but two, and that sort of coverage would really be good for us - albeit that it would probably increase the membership, which would mean that we'd need more bandwith at the server, and Andy would probably need to develop a sudden twin to keep eveything running, as well as Keyhaven and the day job! :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Great news

Just got my hours for the coming year, and my one in three Saturdays on falls the previous week, so provided nothing else happens, I'll finally get to attend an RMWeb whingding and meet some of y'all.

I plan to get the train down, and what's the betting that there's some sort of engineering works that day?

I'll check in here a bit nearer the time to see whether there's any more info about how to reach the venue from the station.

Ahhhh, now if I were exhibiting my 50% would if wearing the said sequinned short dress :D - be very pretty, I best say no more :blink:

Just noticed this thread - it's local enough to me that I'd need to find a very good excuse not to attend! Not quite as local as Chasewater, but I was very much spoiled with that venue's nearness to home. Very much looking forward to it.

I think that Carl's exhibit needs to be put in a special place - and this place needs to be by the fence. Then we could have ferries at the bottom of the garden.

Hang your head in shame...

• RMweb Premium

Won't this be on the Up line?

Indeed, but I have always considered North to South to be down the country, while the railway have always considered it to be up the country. Let's not start a debate about that here - let's just enjoy the day.

• RMweb Gold

DRAG members will be alright then!? :lol:

Hi Richard,

Stafford's mini B&B land is within half a mile of the venue - have a walk down Lichfield Road. The Travelodge is just up the road from here too.

The pick of the spots if you're a beer drinker is the Spittal Brook - http://www.smoothhou...ls/spittal.html

thanks the travelodge look good I will book it soon

Richard

• 3 weeks later...

Archived