Members' Day '11 - Date and Venue Announced

Andy Y

After deliberations on several venues for next year I'm happy to confirm the date and venue for next summer's do.

Date: Saturday 02 July 2011

Venue: St Leonards Sports & Social Club, St Leonards Works, St Leonard's Ave, Stafford ST17 4LX

Open Hours: 10.30 - 16.00

Click to open panoramic image:

MRIsmall.jpg

The room is around 35m x 15m, bright and eminently suited to our usage with on-site free parking, 1.25 miles from Stafford station (75 minutes from Euston!), a bus route runs from the town past the club and buses every few minutes pass the end of St. Leonard's Avenue. We've not left the real railway behind altogether as the WCML runs through the fields behind the club.

I've taken the liberty of indulging some personal preferences of mine as part of the line-up and can confirm that there are some top quality crackers from near and far that have featured to varying degrees on the site. This is certainly a date not to be missed for lovers of a good modelling day out.

I'll announce some of the content in a few days once a few more replies have come back but if there is anyone who wishes to exhibit don't hesitate to drop me a PM.

MRIedit.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Not quite as close as the last event which was at our clubrooms in Mickleover :D I hope you get more there than we did - not counting friends of exhibitors and club members we had at least 10 visitors :( and two of those had travelled for hours from the south coast :O

I'm sure a few from MMRG will be there :D

Mike

Ah, that's much easier to get too. Given that i live on the south coast, and can't drive. Getting to places and events like this are some what tricky, so now it's at a more convenient location, i don't really have an excuse not to go.

Sam

Andy, is my memory correct and this new venue is within walking distance of that great pub we went to two years back?

It is indeed less than 10 minutes to stagger back from the Spittal Brook - CAMRA Pub of the Year 2008 right next to the WCML.

Ohhh dear, I feel a headache coming on!

So that's it then, marquee in the field, bring your own sleeping bag, camp fire, bangers, beer served in plastic glasses, Watneys party sevens for later..... Not the RMWeb day the RMWeb Jamboree or Beer Fest.

Local farmers cattle for a steer riding / roping contest, a pig sticking contest, a joust, more pasties.....

• RMweb Gold

I am looking forward to the day already, but not sure it will feel quite right without lots of sand on the floor and rougue full size wagons in the way, not being where should be, requiring the floor plan to be adjusted on the hoof and in my head! :D

Did someone mention pasties....? :D

Have missed previous meets so wouldn't mind nipping along to this one. Will probably come up by car, even though the WCML is on my doorstep... if anyone wants picking up between Rugby and Stafford let me know nearer the day (room for three RMwebbers and a pastie or two).

Nidge ;)

Ballroom dancing, anyone!?!

Yeah, I didn't tell anyone about the Strictly Come Modelling heats. It means 50% of exhibitors will be wearing sequinned short dresses - it ain't gonna be pretty.

• RMweb Gold

Yeah, I didn't tell anyone about the Strictly Come Modelling heats. It means 50% of exhibitors will be wearing sequinned short dresses - it ain't gonna be pretty.

Andy, you have put images in my head that have no right to exist in a sane world - you're a very bad man! :lol:

Archived