Members' Day '11 - Date and Venue Announced

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

I'm happy to organise the 'bring and buy' again provided there are a couple of people willing to man it for an hour or two.

Don't know about helping with manning Ian (as I might be signalledwink.gif towards something else that day depending on Andy's final arrangements) but I could help provide some 'stock' if the stall gets off the ground.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Very sadly, I've got to pull out again due to changes in work rotas and the date of this coincides with my Saturday on duty - with no one day leave slots available, and also no chance on throwing a sickie as I'm already on a poor attendance programme due to being off for nearly eight months in the last year due to injuries. (Sobs) :angry:

• 1 month later...

I need to do some tidying up on who's in (over the next week or so) and then publish the list - I'm aiming to do that after the Taunton do.

With it being the first time I've used the venue I've been a bit twitchy on making sure no double-booking issues occurred so I've paid for the hall a couple of months ahead of when they were wanting payment.

this sounds good - by train,

I'll include these details when I do the full announcement but there are viable bus services from the station to and close to the venue.

Bus_map.jpg

The No.2 is the only service to go past the venue but this meanings walking to the stop on Earl Street (500m from station) - timetable - this is, however, only an hourly service so I would recommend using the 74 (hourly) or 825 (half-hourly) services which go from the station past the end of St. Leonard's Avenue which leaves a 500m walk as shown below.

St.Leonards.jpg

In both cases ask for St. Leonard's; I think it would be a couple of quid return.

• RMweb Premium

I'll include these details when I do the full announcement but there are viable bus services from the station to and close to the venue.

The No.2 is the only service to go past the venue but this meanings walking to the stop on Earl Street (500m from station) - timetable - this is, however, only an hourly service so I would recommend using the 74 (hourly) or 825 (half-hourly) services which go from the station past the end of St. Leonard's Avenue which leaves a 500m walk as shown below.

In both cases ask for St. Leonard's; I think it would be a couple of quid return.

Thanks Andy

Hi Andy, great looking place to have the members day which hopefully I will be there as well.

One question, do you know if there are any height barriers on the car park. Reason being is that I could well be in the motor home and need 3m height clearance. Lengthwise its 7.6m but its the height that is usually the problem.

Thanks

TTG

Digging Mr TTG out of his grave I can suggest that there is a pleasant walk along the footpath/cycle route across the flood meadows to the Staffs & Worcs canal which can be followed all of the way to Shugborough Hall.

Give her your credit card and send her off to the Queens retail park for some retail therapy. It's further along the A34 over the railway bridge. smile.gif

F

So those of us in the gathering will recognise Mr TTG as the nervous wreck wandering round.

Me, nervous, no. A wreck yes. Years of bodily abuse doing too much travel.

As for the rotavator Mike, good idea. She can do the earth works for the garden railway.

She go walkabout with her own credit cards, not mine. Got better things to do with mine inside the event hopefully.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm

I shall be aiming to come along to this all going well.

I got confused a little by there being two 2011 member's day topics and was confused as to which was which hence not looking previously!

Kelly (of the easily confused variety)

I will try to get to this. Only just noticed the thread otherwise I would have offered Outon Road for the gig being an RMweb baby an all. Oh well. Never mind. Do we have an update on whats showing?

Cav

Archived