Bachmann 150/1 Sprinter

neal

• RMweb Gold

Package just arrived.

Comes with couplings, ploughs, 21 pin blanking plate and track power connector.

Anyone know where this one is going ie destination blinds can't read from the pictures.

cheers mark

Destinations are Liverpool and Preston

Some pics;

post-7026-12575116900343_thumb.jpg

post-7026-12575116913304_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

I'm tempted but I really need a 150/2...and that's only ??3 more boxed....wink.gif

But a slightly different livery assuming you mean thr RR one http://www.ehattons.com/StockDetail.aspx?SID=17982, depends what you want/need biggrin.gif

I notice Hattons now also have bargain Dynamis on offer at ??76 http://www.ehattons.....aspx?SID=26691

It doesn't say unboxed but I wonder if these are form the sets that the Sprinters come from?

I was thinking the same and assume they are from the split set, they are also selling the track pack from the set on its own too.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the info on the destinations, rails email says 56.50 but when you click it is ??59.50 (or it was last night). Probably a typo if I was buying I would tell them!!

mark

It was ??56.50 but as Hattons have put their price up slightly Rails have followed.

If you watch their pricing Rails seem to hang back with some items and see what others do (probably usually Hattons) and then undercut by a couple of quid.

Although from my experience I would rather pay a bit extra for better customer service anyday.

It was ??56.50 but as Hattons have put their price up slightly Rails have followed.

If you watch their pricing Rails seem to hang back with some items and see what others do (probably usually Hattons) and then undercut by a couple of quid.

Although from my experience I would rather pay a bit extra for better customer service anyday.

I've noticed a similar trend, but Rails seem to charge say 50p less, and make up the 50p through a higher postage charge (or is it the other way round?)

Thanks for the info on the destinations, rails email says 56.50 but when you click it is ??59.50 (or it was last night). Probably a typo if I was buying I would tell them!!

mark

Rails are now charging ??67.50 - quite an increase from the original price less than a week ago. I know we're in a credit crunch but I hadn't realised we're suffering from hyperinflation!?  ;)

I'd be interested to know whether anyone actually received one from Rails for ??56.50 who hadn't pre-ordered. I've had one of the split sets on order since the beginning of June and gave them a chaser call today as I hadn't heard from them. I was told that all of their first batch had gone (I presume to people who had pre-ordered before me, which is fine) and that they were expecting another batch from Bachmann soon. However I'd have to pay ??67.50 to get my hands on one of these as Bachmann had put their prices up. So pre-ordering hasn't guaranteed me the lowest price which I find a little unusual and slightly frustrating and being a regular customer (who has spent a considerable amount with them over the years) hasn't helped me on this front either.

So if you've bought one through their website at either ??56.50 or ??59.50 and haven't received it yet I'd expect to be disappointed and have to pay ??67.50 once they arrive from Bachmann. It seems a little dishonest of them if this is the case as they've blatantly advertised the model at a low price to secure orders that they know they can't fulfill, and then by the time they have their next batch in stock, the purchaser has few other options as the other box shifters will have put their prices up too. It always annoys me how Rails advertise models on their website that they haven't yet received into stock. I assume that this is in response to Hattons getting stock before them and Rails not wanting to miss out on customer orders. Highly frustrating though.?  :angry:

Rant over.

Rob

Rails are now charging ??67.50 - quite an increase from the original price less than a week ago. I know we're in a credit crunch but I hadn't realised we're suffering from hyperinflation! ;)

I'd be interested to know whether anyone actually received one from Rails for ??56.50 who hadn't pre-ordered. I've had one of the split sets on order since the beginning of June and gave them a chaser call today as I hadn't heard from them. I was told that all of their first batch had gone (I presume to people who had pre-ordered before me, which is fine) and that they were expecting another batch from Bachmann soon. However I'd have to pay ??67.50 to get my hands on one of these as Bachmann had put their prices up. So pre-ordering hasn't guaranteed me the lowest price which I find a little unusual and slightly frustrating and being a regular customer (who has spent a considerable amount with them over the years) hasn't helped me on this front either.

So if you've bought one through their website at either ??56.50 or ??59.50 and haven't received it yet I'd expect to be disappointed and have to pay ??67.50 once they arrive from Bachmann. It seems a little dishonest of them if this is the case as they've blatantly advertised the model at a low price to secure orders that they know they can't fulfill, and then by the time they have their next batch in stock, the purchaser has few other options as the other box shifters will have put their prices up too. It always annoys me how Rails advertise models on their website that they haven't yet received into stock. I assume that this is in response to Hattons getting stock before them and Rails not wanting to miss out on customer orders. Highly frustrating though. :angry:

Rant over.

Rob

If you have a confirmation order from Rails at the lower prices, they must supply it to you at this price. If they wish to play hardball, take it up with Sheffield trading standards.

For the record, i considered one at 56.50 on friday night. Decieded to think about it over night, then found it was up to 59.50 by Saturday. Still ordered one though! It seems they're cashing in on the popularity of this as its now the same price as the boxed 150/1's in FNW livery

I think I'll get one once I've been paid again. If there's any left that is! laugh.gif

I'll have to do something about those silver cab window frames though, they look awful! mellow.gif I only noticed them on close inspection of the actual train, as the box shows them to be black. Tut tut Bachmann! rolleyes.gif

I think I'll get one once I've been paid again. If there's any left that is! laugh.gif

I'll have to do something about those silver cab window frames though, they look awful! mellow.gif? ? I only noticed them on close inspection of the actual train, as the box shows them to be black. Tut tut Bachmann! rolleyes.gif

Do you mean you don't like Bachmann's rendition of the window frames, or that you don't believe they should be silver? As 150148 definitely received silver frames as per here and? here.

Do you mean you don't like Bachmann's rendition of the window frames, or that you don't believe they should be silver? As 150148 definitely received silver frames as per here and here.

Yeah, I know 148 recieved them in real life. I wonder how long for though, because I've certainly seen photo's of it without them? mellow.gif

Bachmann's rendition of the livery (including the silver frames) is absolutely superb. smile.gif

I just generally don't like the silver frames (not just on 150s, but any Sprinter/Super Sprinter really), either in model form or real life. They just look, somehow, old fashioned and tacky! laugh.gif Much better black IMO. wink.gif

I've looked in my Platform 5 guide for Spring 1990...

It looks like the following units received provincial sprinter livery (rather than the original light blue) in early 1990 (or late 1989)...

Interestingly it lists Network Northwest livery (like provincial sprinter but with a largely grey stripe instead of light blue, with red ends I believe) on some of the 150/2s...

Your sure,

I thought the class 140 prototype would have been de-commissioned by then and thought that was a Blue and grey machine only. Meanwhile, what are a class 145 and 149? Ive never heard of them.... I think 144s were all outshopped from new with the West yorkshire Metro livery of red and a think cream band with a yellow stripe.

Your right about some 150/2 having that grey/red stripe as Ive seen pictures of that somewhere.... another model for Bachmann to do!

Your sure,

I thought the class 140 prototype would have been de-commissioned by then and thought that was a Blue and grey machine only. Meanwhile, what are a class 145 and 149? Ive never heard of them.... I think 144s were all outshopped from new with the West yorkshire Metro livery of red and a think cream band with a yellow stripe.

Your right about some 150/2 having that grey/red stripe as Ive seen pictures of that somewhere.... another model for Bachmann to do!

140 is referring to 150140 not class 140. Only the latter class 150/1's carried the 'standard' provincial livery.

Hello

? ? ? ? I ordered mine from Rails of Sheffield last Saturday at ??56 50 + ??3 50 P&P. It arrived yesterday and works fine, it will need to be re-numbered for the period I require. I also took out the chip and put in the blanking thingy. A satisfied customer.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?  Cheers

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? George

Renumbered to what? Only a couple of units had the livery before 148, and after it would have been in centro livery?

Renumbered to what? Only a couple of units had the livery before 148, and after it would have been in centro livery?

Hello

I'm not sure but I want it for a 1991 layout and 150148 was a 3 car unit then. Several units had the livery but still had the original front end. The layout is NE Wales based so either Tyseley or Newton Heath will do. Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers

George

Yeah, I know 148 recieved them in real life. I wonder how long for though, because I've certainly seen photo's of it without them? mellow.gif

Bachmann's rendition of the livery (including the silver frames) is absolutely superb. smile.gif

I just generally don't like the silver frames (not just on 150s, but any Sprinter/Super Sprinter really), either in model form or real life. They just look, somehow, old fashioned and tacky! laugh.gif Much better black IMO. wink.gif

Hi, i have 3 of these '150148's' in N guage, as i didn't want all 3 carrying the same number or silver window frames, ive simply but very carefully gone over them with a thin black marker pen. The result is really pleasing :) . I'm hopeing to re-number them in due course.

Hello

? ? ? ?  I'm not sure but I want it for a 1991 layout and 150148 was a 3 car unit then. Several units had the livery but still had the original front end. The layout is NE Wales based so either Tyseley or Newton Heath will do. Any suggestions welcome.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Cheers

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? George

That certainly depends where you look, all the units that got this livery were destined for 3 car workings, but even in '91 148 can be seen with a original livery car in 2 car formation. see here similar to 140 in 91? here Personally I think you'll be fine if you just want to renumber it for a year, if you just want to renumber then hey thats cool go for it.

Hi, i have 3 of these '150148's' in N guage, as i didn't want all 3 carrying the same number or silver window frames, ive simply but very carefully gone over them with a thin black marker pen. The result is really pleasing smile.gif . I'm hopeing to re-number them in due course.

That's what I'm planning to do with mine, when I get one! laugh.gif

Archived