Bachmann 150/1 Sprinter

neal

Hello

The problem is not so much the livery but more the fact of them having the original front end with the cowling in place. I have photos of 150148 in 1991 as a 3 car unit in Mid Wales also later in the year at Arnside and Grange over Sands but it still has the cowls in place. I presume they were removed when it was decided to fit the deflectors. It would appear that I am going to have to make this up from plastic, or at least to make a representation of it. This is the problem that Trains4U had with their 150/1 in original livery and having to change the number as only 1 was modified in that livery.

Cheers

George

Strangely enough seeing this 150/1 wizzing round bachmanns little track at Warley their example (probably pre production) did not have the silver front window frames.

Neither does the box. Very misleading. Then again, Bachmann don't exactly pride themselves on providing the right pictures for the right boxes do they?

Strangely enough seeing this 150/1 wizzing round bachmanns little track at Warley their example (probably pre production) did not have the silver front window frames.

Neither does the box. Very misleading. Then again, Bachmann don't exactly pride themselves on providing the right pictures for the right boxes do they?

The new type boxes come without the generic Class pictures, showing the actual model through a window.

Much better IMHO.

Regards, Michel

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I got this model myself, its proving to be troublesome at the moment ! Continuous jerking, its driving me crazy !

Not very good at fixing things, but i am going to remove the body and oil it, and possibly run it on DC to try it that way !

Othrwise, it is a good looking model !

It dosn't have to be a problem with the mechanism. It could be the chip.

The usual advice before fitting a chip is to test the running on DC first. There's no harm in trying that first to identify if it's the chip that's faulty or the unit itself.

Sometimes a strip down and rebuild magically caures the problem. I had a Bachmann 47 from the first batch which didn't run well. I took it apart and couldn't see anything glaringly wrong. When I put it back together it ran fine.

Thanks guys ! It came with a factory fitted chip, so i just thought taking it out and running it normally on DC would help eliminate any chip problem !

Taking it apart and a good servicing will hopefully help too ! Good to know your 47 is now ok !

Cheers again,

Graham.

• 2 weeks later...

Rails of Sheffield have these advertaised for £49.50 at the moment.

I'm tempted! :lol:

Back in the day (1990 or there abouts) did these 150/1 units ever run around the Exeter area in this livery?

Only the 150/2s operated around Exeter, although this livery was based on that applied to the 150/2s.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello guys,

Just wanted to add to my previous problem with my 150 running rough, i took the chip out, ran it on dc, it ran fine, which ruled out anything mechanical, i fitted it with a different chip, and it ran well, so i must have had a faulty chip ! All is now well THANKFULLY ! smile.gif

Regards,

Graham.

Archived