RMweb

Deesdale Road, (Now owned by Peter BB)

Andrew P

Great job andy, deesdale is turning into a module layout, will have to get some pics of swordfish in that fuel point now hahaha

If you could make it to our open weekend you could have it running all day WITH YOU AT THE CONTROLS!!!!!

Hi Guys and Gals, well I have been trying to put the Fueling Point in front of the new fiddle yard that I had for Barrow Hill. There was not as much room as I had hoped for but it works as a photo point for locos at shows, and gives another reason for light engine movements. We found at Barrow Hill that every time we parked something different in the sidings at the front out came the cameras so that was one of the reasons to do something at this end. I still need the portacabin and some staff but you will get the idea. Deesdale is now 17 ft long of which 13 ft are scenic and will have its first outing in this format at the Gresley and Wychnor Model Railway Groups Open Weekend on 26 th and 27 th November at our clubrooms in Church Gresley. I may even have some staff to fuel the Locos by then !!!!! :stinker: I am looking at different back scene's for here or I may put a row of Red Brick Terraced Houses backs and with an ally way. Don't Know :no: Still thinking?????

Andy - this is the spot you showed with the tall warehouse on the last page, correct? I like your idea of a small fueling point!

Andy - this is the spot you showed with the tall warehouse on the last page, correct? I like your idea of a small fueling point!

Yes you are right, I felt this looked better and is a better photo opportunity spot for spare locos.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, Just come back from a week in Bala, Wales with some new ideas for another project, but first I must finish this one. I need some ground signals and to work out what to do for the back scene above the fueling point. Unfortunately it must be another road bridge over the platform end and I am looking at some shops on the top. The porta cabin for the yard is on its way but is in Freightliner colours so will need some work. I may just re label it as though it was a Freightliner yard and EWS have taken it over but I am not sure if that would have happened or how it would be re branded, anybody got any ideas please.

Well the Porta Cabin has arrived at last and already there is some clutter gathering around it. I have made some buffer stop lights, they are a little over scale and I may change them for the Express Models one's as and when funds permit. I have also re wired the yard lamps and the buffer lights to an old Hornby controller so it is now 12v instead of the 16v through the track purely because these are all bulbs on this board NOT LED's

post-9335-0-43970700-1321128469_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-06589300-1321128478_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Hello Bud, love the Deesdale Refuelling point, looks very good, all you need to do now is weather the ground with all the oil/diesel that has dripped from leaky 56s and grubby 66s ? keep the pics coming...............

Edited by georgeT

Cheers Neil and George, I have changed the buffer lights as the upright looked just to bulky, now the bulb looks too big so I will get some Red LED's and do a proper job soon. I have added an N Gauge Gaugemaster backscene but not sure if it over powers the layout so I will leave it a few days to see if I get used to it.

post-9335-0-09395900-1321210788_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-46307100-1321210797_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-28759800-1321210806_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-69745300-1321210814_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-40139200-1321210822_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

i have to say that the backscene fits perfectly, did you say N gauge???

Yes Neil I felt that the OO one was to high and looked to big and close where as the N Gauge one looks to be in the far distance.

Hi,

I think the backscene looks the business!

Also good advice on the 'sit back for a few days and leave it'. I wish I'd done that a few times!!

Cheers,

James

Thanks James, I kept looking and looking and I felt it was to flat, so I decided I would do what I did with Kingsmill and add foreground trees to throw the Power Station back a lot more. I feel it has worked and at least nobody else will have the same back scene as me.

Edited by Andrew P

:lol: nice spot Cav and Andy they look the business hahaha, really impressed with the backscene, thats a trick ill remembers for the next project and using the Ngauge backscenes instead and the trees look superb

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy,

A definate improvement with the trees - and very well produced. It certainly helps to be able to paint like that. I'm not sure I could produce anything like that, actually I am sure - I couldn't!

As said above - the N gauge backscene is a good tip.

Cheers,

James