Deesdale Road, (Now owned by Peter BB)

Andrew P

• RMweb Gold

Oh BUM We don't need that. or was it the year before we came home early, yes it was.

Good news on the lights.

Must be going senile before my time or does it mean that time flies by too fast! Peter

Wow, that is really highly professional weathering ... a real treat to the eye!

Lovely work Andy. Can't wait to see them and your special on Saturday.

Cheers Ruby B and Marcus, looking forward to Saturday if the weather holds back, there's quite a crowd of Webbers meeting on Deesdale from all parts of the U.K.i.e. Devon, Hampshire, Surrey, London / Kent? Cheshire and possibly even Yorkshire so really looking forward to it immensely.

I now have some more Stock to run as well.

I was round a mates this week and he has a Hornby 31 in Dutch and the Chassis and Body are perfect, and so today I have not only found a PERFECT ONE but a Chip fitted Perfect one, so that will be dirtied down a bit ready for the weekend.

Must go now, more things to weather. hahhaha

• RMweb Gold

Looking forward to seeing DR this weekend. I'll be there Friday afternoon onwards setting up barriers etc while the layouts arrive. So may get to say hello again then. Otherwise, I'll be there all day Saturday as well, though I'll need to do my 2 hour turn on the front desk, so will catch you at some point.

Kind regards, Neil

Edited by Anotheran
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

there's quite a crowd of Webbers meeting on Deesdale from all parts of the U.K.i.e. Devon, Hampshire, Surrey, London / Kent? Cheshire and possibly even Yorkshire...

...and me, from...

...Stafford!

Looking forward to seeing DR this weekend. I'll be there Friday afternoon onwards setting up barriers etc while the layouts arrive. So may get to say hello again then. Otherwise, I'll be there all day Saturday as well, though I'll need to do my 2 hour turn on the front desk, so will catch you at some point.

Kind regards, Neil

Hi Neil, I wont be there Friday, I'll need to rest ready to face my public on Saturday, ahhahaha

• Like 4

there's quite a crowd of Webbers meeting on Deesdale from all parts of the U.K.i.e. Devon, Hampshire, Surrey, London / Kent? Cheshire and possibly even Yorkshire so really looking forward to it immensely.

And Lancashire! :)

Seriously looking forward to it now!

Jack.

Hi all, Two more Locos Chipped up this afternoon and another 4 Wagons Kadeed and just need to do some weathering tomorrow.

Plus good news on the SPECIAL, the extra bits could well arrive tomorrow so could be competed by Saturday.

• Like 2

Well the Extra bits arrived for the Special today and its all ready to go tomorrow except for a problem with function 8 which Bob Bateman, (Oversetts Models) will sort out next week.

All weathered up and ready to go.

Peter has been over today to set up, and so we should be there about 8 in the morning ready to PLAY TRAINS, haha.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi Guys,

Up and running at Stafford.  Deesdale Road is no.8 in the first hall.  On coming through the public entrance turn left then right in first 'corridor' and you will come to us second turn on your right.  Looking forward to putting faces to RMWebbers.

Cheers, Peter BB 

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

Up and running at Stafford.  Deesdale Road is no.8 in the first hall.  On coming through the public entrance turn left then right in first 'corridor' and you will come to us second turn on your right.  Looking forward to putting faces to RMWebbers.

Cheers, Peter BB 

Hi Peter, if your picking me up at 06.45 then I might have a sleep on the way over there, ahhaha being retired I don't do early nowadays.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Guys,

Cheers, Peter BB

Sorry I missed you this evening Peter. Will drop by to say hello at some point tomorrow... After the rush on the stall has subsided somewhat.

Hope you have a fun show.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Hi Guys,

Great to meet so many of you today at Stafford - I can now put people and faces to a number of the great learning website authors.  

Yesterday all seemed fine but today Deesdale Road could have been better.  Most of the problem related to my inexperience in not realising that absolutely everything must be checked when setting up in exhibition and when a change is made and therefore not picking up that a new point had not been isolated thus adding years to Andy who, thankfully, was there to find a way round and George to give encouragement..  Sunday will be better!

The variety of excellent layouts and the immediate availability of traders for those 'essential bits' made it overall still a fun and enjoyable if tiring day. 

Peter BB

• RMweb Gold

Good to meet up with Peter, Andy and George on Deesdale Road. Sorry to hear about the niggles you were having during the day, but it was good to chat on the few occasions I got away from the stall. Sorry that I didn't take more picture... I obviously stopped snapping when I was talking! But here are a few...

Firstly a quick shot across the platform. Presumably I climbed a fence here to get this shot.

post-13426-0-01620100-1422782193_thumb.jpg

This is actually my favourite view on the layout... I'm a sucker for bridges and greenery!

post-13426-0-07362400-1422782200_thumb.jpg

Finally I had to take one of the posh lights on Andy's new monster...

post-13426-0-50400300-1422782206_thumb.jpg

Hope you have a good second day. Very sorry I can't make it there today.

Kind regards, Neil

• Like 5

Hello Peter

Was great to meet you and the gang yesterday. Do layouts ever behave themselves when their on show. I know KoLW never does when I have visitors. Then as soon as they leave it goes back to running perfectly.

Anyway despite the little Hiccups it was great to see the layout and the superb stock running around on it.

Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 2

I had a great day yesterday, it was great to meet Peter, Andy and George, and despite the problems Deesdale road performed great.

I especially liked the '59, it was sat in the fuelling point idling for most of the day, but still sounded great. The MPV also had sound, but the 59 was better. IIRC one of Andy's 37s had sound too which was obviously the best! :yes:

here are some of my pictures, I really like the close up of the 59 personally:

post-21664-0-18770700-1422808817_thumb.jpg

post-21664-0-82724000-1422808829_thumb.jpg

post-21664-0-47036200-1422808833_thumb.jpg

post-21664-0-99715100-1422809164.jpg

post-21664-0-14416400-1422808838_thumb.jpg

post-21664-0-16244100-1422808841_thumb.jpg

post-21664-0-43913600-1422808843_thumb.jpg

I hope the problems were sorted yesterday and it ran fine today!

Regards,

Jack. :locomotive:

Edited by Jack374
  • Like 12