Who makes a kit of a GWR Dean Goods locomotive ?

Blacksmith do a 4mm kit also, although I have no idea how it compares with the Finney kit...

I hadn't looked at the Blacksmith list recently, so wasn't aware that they had a Dean goods. Does anyone know anything about this kit? As far as the Finney kit is concerned, I can say that it goes together very well as one might expect from their reputation. It includes parts to build just about every variety (except the wartime version with pannier tanks). There are parts for both round top and Belpaire fireboxes, alternative cabs, smokebox wrappers, footplates, rods, etc. In fact, there's enough left in the box to make me think about using them with some scratch building to make a second one...

Nick

HI..

I just re-chassied my mainline loco with a comet chassis, this also included the tender.

Stuart in OZ

Stuart,

Sorry to be pedantic but the Comet chassis for the Dean Goods, LCP62, is a standalone product. In addition we can supply a tender chassis (TC3) and tender frame kit (TF10) that will allow the builder to reuse the Mainline/Hornby tender top moulding.

HTH

Geoff

post-66-12575140456447_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Stuart,

Sorry to be pedantic but the Comet chassis for the Dean Goods, LCP62, is a standalone product. In addition we can supply a tender chassis (TC3) and tender frame kit (TF10) that will allow the builder to reuse the Mainline/Hornby tender top moulding.

HTH

Geoff

I can vouch for that although mine is nowhere near finished. :mellow:

....As far as the Finney kit is concerned.... there's enough left in the box to make me think about using them with some scratch building to make a second one...

Look at the Third MRJ Compendium, and you'll find that's exactly what one builder did! biggrin.gif (see page 85, entitled Two Engines From One Kit)

Archived