Warren Lane

bugs bunny

I,m glad you pointed that out, I'll have to look out for that next time I see the layout. Incidently, are all of your road vehicles container trucks or do you have some others?

Sorry I took so long to get back to you Phil

Yes nearly all the vehicles we have are trucks..... we do have a small bus in first Eastern Counties livery on the bridge,

post-9929-0-21919800-1298045758_thumb.jpg

Started to get a "to do" list together before our first show of the year

Stowmarket is only eight weeks away, I was really looking forward to it, but the sad news of Keith Wright's death put a dampner on things

I hope it turns out to be a great show...............If you see a 56 visiting Warren Lane its just our way of a tribute to Keith.

57011 Undergoing trials before acceptance into the show roster.

post-9929-0-72619400-1298131865_thumb.jpg

post-9929-0-15303600-1298131888_thumb.jpg

Sorry for my ignorance but who was Keith?

Looking good, Just been doing the baseboards for my new layout today. smile.gif

Hi thats Ok

Keith Wright was Exhibition Manager for Stowmaket Railway Club, and a nice guy, who died suddenly this week.

Alan

Freightliner Electrics part 2

We have two Heljan 86's. I know they have received a bad press and there are errors, but I like them they run really well and with some weathering they look quiet good

I really need to get the other one renumbered and ready for Stowmarket, so I can double head them.

86605 pulls slowly into receiving with a Coatbridge Liner

post-9929-0-65943100-1298213222_thumb.jpg

Shunter watches 86605 arrive and then goes back to drinking tea :D

post-9929-0-44989400-1298213245_thumb.jpg

86605 without a driver :O probably In the toilet............Well its a long way from Scotland :D

post-9929-0-27647400-1298213249_thumb.jpg

What did you use for the barbed wire going through the fence posts around cox's container services?

Hi james

Try Ten Commandments part no L160 ..........http://www.cast-in-stone.co.uk/shop/index.htm

Kind regards Alan

08530 shunts the newly arrived Coatbridge train past the portacabin and into No 1 to be unloaded.

A lot of the freightliner yards have a shunters cabin right at the entrance, Felixstowe North, Tilbury and Lawley Street to my knowledge.

They also have gates so they can lock the yard up, which I need to do on Warren Lane

Ipost-9929-0-92262200-1298573665_thumb.jpg

Our cabin has a table, lockers and a left handed microwave inside (some idiot glued it to the table upside down)

Hi Alan,

My first post on your thread but I have been following your progress, and hadn't had the chance to read all of your updates but I have been catching up tonight. I think your layout really captures the real thing, the detail is spot on.B) Though the shunters cabin looks a lot cleaner than the one I used at Eastleigh.:lol: I lived near Southampton before leaving the UK in 1995 so spent some time on the bridge at Maritime watching the cranes do their bit, I was back in 2003 and saw a few class 57s in the Southampton area, and must admit I quite liked them. Your sound clips are great, I really like the latest pics of the class 86 the Heljan loco's do run well.

Have you thought about putting a Heljan chassis under your class 90 I noticed you were having a few running dramas, I am not sure if the 86 chassis would be any good, but I am sure I read somewhere that someone had used a Hymek chassis or parts of, I think the wheel spacing is pretty close.

Also noticed you had a problem with a Bachmann 37, I have one that seems to rock on its centre wheels, was this the problem you had? how did you fix it?

Cheers Peter.

Hi Hugh and Peter

Many thanks for your comments it's much appreciated.

I have loved building Warren Lane and it's given me so much pleasure......it's a Bonus that others have liked it as well :D

Yes I have had some problems with the Hornby 86's and 90's the old pancake motor's just don't work well compared to modern Bachmann or Heljan Engines.

As you say I think the answer is to use a donor chassis, so I will have to do some reseach,

The Bachmann 37 bogies was just the middle axle is set to low so the whole thing rocked on them....that was an easy fix, I take all the bogies to bits to paint them so whilst they were disassembled I use a needle file to move the middle axle bearing, checking on a flat surface (Glass) it only needs .002" to .005" to get it flat and there is loads of tolerance in the gear train.

I don't know what the weather is like in Australia but it's raining in Brentwood, the forcast is for a better day tomorrow so hopfully I will be able to do some work on the Railway, and take the odd picture.

Kind regards Alan

Here you go Alan - you can keep right up to date with Freightliner's latest vehicle livery:

post-7044-0-43204500-1298730358_thumb.jpg

post-7044-0-34187800-1298730380_thumb.jpg

post-7044-0-11959000-1298730406_thumb.jpg

Jez

Hi Jez

Many thanks for the pictures..................Maggie (Ex HGV Driver) got all excited, when she saw them :D

I need to get working on the Railway, Ive got so many little jobs to do, but I cant find the time

One is to finish the interior of the shunters portacabin...........besides a kettle :D what would you find in the cabin at Lawley Street ?

Kind regards Alan

Here you go Alan - you can keep right up to date with Freightliner's latest vehicle livery:

Jez

Nice shots Jez.

For the layout Alan, the MAN is available from Oxford, the white one in John Mitchell livery would not even need a repaint. The DAF XF also from Oxford, and I'm sure you have the yellow paint in stock. I'm going to have a go at one or both to go with Pete Harvey's trailer kit.

Merfyn.

Hi Jez

Many thanks for the pictures..................Maggie (Ex HGV Driver) got all excited, when she saw them :D

I need to get working on the Railway, Ive got so many little jobs to do, but I cant find the time

One is to finish the interior of the shunters portacabin...........besides a kettle :D what would you find in the cabin at Lawley Street ?

Kind regards Alan

Archived