Warren Lane

bugs bunny

sorry meant oxford dicast 1/76 SCALE

answer to your question is this the one

http://www.anticsonl..._106250100.html

sorry to hi jack the thread

Alan did'nt mean too.

just thought might be off interest if like myself others wanted trailers for the layout

Hi no worries ......I didn't know about them :O

I have just pre ordered the Deben transport Liveried version :)

Many thanks Alan

Hi,

Thanks for the reply about the sign posts, just another thing, how do you weather your track? Im guessing with an airbrush because thats what most people use, including myself but what paint do you use and perhaps you could give me like the number of it? like tamiya xf52 flat earth. Thanks

James

Hi,

Thanks for the reply about the sign posts, just another thing, how do you weather your track? Im guessing with an airbrush because thats what most people use, including myself but what paint do you use and perhaps you could give me like the number of it? like tamiya xf52 flat earth. Thanks

James

Hi James

Yes I used an airbrush, and the paint I first used was Railmatch sleeper Grime RM2406 and it was excellent, but my local shop run out and being impatient I mixed up some Tamiya browns and greys and tried to match it............. a complete disaster :( , I spent a whole day trying to put it right...but it never looked the same

If I had to do it again I would stick to RM2406 and spray light coats until I thought the colour looked right............Good Luck :)

Felixstowe North in the sun

post-9929-0-45040800-1296412669_thumb.jpg

Excellent layout - try this link - http://richardnew.fotopic.net/ - it may be of use. The 'about me' column on the left should give you a clue as to my interest. Almost makes me want to go back to UK Modern Image modelling!:blink:

Jez (Richard New)

Hi Jez

Many thanks for the link.....already seem some great pictures, particularly the 57's as I am working on 57011 at the moment.

Kind regards Alan

So the colour of the rails on warren lane has been achieved by using the railmatch? Or is that colour thats on there now the stuff you tried to mix? and do you use an air compressor, if not must have been alot of cans of air for all of the layout! :)

James

Hi James

The track has been repainted so many times, but what you see now is definately a homemade mixture of Tamiya browns/greys

I do have an old compressor that I got off ebay many years ago, for painting Slotcars. It must have saved me a fortune :)

kind regards Alan

What underlay did you use for warrren lane Nd how did you get on with mounting kadees to your vitrains 37? Bit of a pain to do eh?

James

Hi James

The trackwork on Warren Lane is all Peco code 75 glued directly to the baseboard, there is no underlay!

I wanted the trackwork to be as flat as possible, to help with loco pick up.

All the train movements are done at shunting speed ( very slowly ) so I dont have to worry about track noise ( the 37's make enough) :P

I am not saying this is the right or wrong way to do it, I have read different opinions. but it works for me.

As for Kadee's on Vitrains they are a pain. I will take some Pics of my solution and post soon

Kind regards Alan

Hi Alan

Thanks for the reply :rolleyes: just good to see what has been used on different peoples layouts, ive been trying your weathering technique for the containers too, just ordered a couple from c rail but what was the paint number and make you used for the rust in the corners as it looks to be like a sort of orangy, brown colour looks perfect for the job though, il try to pick some up tomorrow as im working at buffers model railways.

James

Hi Alan

Thanks for the reply :rolleyes: just good to see what has been used on different peoples layouts, ive been trying your weathering technique for the containers too, just ordered a couple from c rail but what was the paint number and make you used for the rust in the corners as it looks to be like a sort of orangy, brown colour looks perfect for the job though, il try to pick some up tomorrow as im working at buffers model railways.

James

Hi James

No worries, It was Railmatch 2323 BR Early Bauxite,

Buffers model Railways ..............sounds a nice place to work :)

Kind regards Alan

Latest arrival on Warren Lane 57011 Freightliner Challenger

Its a very quiet time at Warren Lane hardly a container anywhere

This peace is shattered with the arrival of 57011 and her howling GM Engine

post-9929-0-19989200-1296676397_thumb.jpg

57011 Fitted with Howes sound chip and 40 x 20 speaker in the fuel tanks

post-9929-0-17079800-1296676423_thumb.jpg

Many thanks again to Jez for his excellent pictures :)

Excellent layout - try this link - http://richardnew.fotopic.net/ - it may be of use. The 'about me' column on the left should give you a clue as to my interest. Almost makes me want to go back to UK Modern Image modelling!:blink:

Jez (Richard New)

Hello matey!

I thought you would like this layout - I think that you will agree that Alan has done a terrific job!

Very evocative - all you need now Alan is a very cold night and frost protection duties on a couple of 57's!:D

My brother sends his kindest Rich

Trev ;)

Hi Trev,

Good to hear from you - I may pay you a visit at Stafford at the weekend, if I can get up there, while your on the DEMU stand. Say Hi to Mike - is he going to TVNAM at Rugeley in June?

Sorry for the thread hijack Alan - good to see 57011 - very nicely done. Just need to do 57007 - my favorite 'body snatcher'.

If you need a particular picture of any Freightliner locos, give me a shout - there are several pictures not on my fotopic site.

Jez (Richard New)

Loving 57011, where did you get it from, nice weathering on it too who did that?

James

Hi James

57011 is a Bachmann model 32-753

I dont know when they released it, but last year you could pick them up new for £39 you still see them about second hand.

The weathering I do with an airbrush, just like the track work the underframe gets a homemade mixture of tamiya grey/browns I add some black into the mixture for the roof

do it in light coats until you get the desired effect. I can spend days weathering an Engine.............my neighbour comes into the garage takes one look at it and says its ruiend :(

Kind regards Alan

Hi Trev,

Good to hear from you - I may pay you a visit at Stafford at the weekend, if I can get up there, while your on the DEMU stand. Say Hi to Mike - is he going to TVNAM at Rugeley in June?

Sorry for the thread hijack Alan - good to see 57011 - very nicely done. Just need to do 57007 - my favorite 'body snatcher'.

If you need a particular picture of any Freightliner locos, give me a shout - there are several pictures not on my fotopic site.

Jez (Richard New)

Hi Jez and Trev

Many thanks for your comments, its really appreciated, as is the offer of pictures ( 57011 at Lawley Street was a big help ;) )

The next body snatcher I do will definitely be 007 :) but first I have a 47 to do.

I hope to get to meet you one day perhaps at DEMU showcase.

Kind regards Alan

Hi Jez and Trev

Many thanks for your comments, its really appreciated, as is the offer of pictures ( 57011 at Lawley Street was a big help ;) )

The next body snatcher I do will definitely be 007 :) but first I have a 47 to do.

I hope to get to meet you one day perhaps at DEMU showcase.

Kind regards Alan

Definately Alan!

Cheers Rich! - sorry for hijacking also Alan!

Regards

Trev

Hi,

What did you use to create the road markings? They look fantastic!

Chris

Hi Chris

They are really simple

I drew an arrow on a bit of masking tape, cut the middle out and placed the outer bit in the right spot on the road.

Then airbushed tamiya acrylic white in very light coats until the grey concrete was covered.

Then I peeled the tape up and reused it for the next one (one piece of tape did them all)

The next day when the paint was dry I pinched Maggies green washing up scouring pad :P and rubbed them down until they looked old and worn out

The other white lines are done in the same way.........just a lot more tape

The tyre tracks are just very diluted dark grey acrylic , airbrushed free hand

The Yellow diamonds are just masking tape and a thick yellow acrylic brushed on, and the tapes moved to the next bit.

It took a long............long.........time :( I don't know why I bothered the lorry drivers still park on it :)

post-9929-0-45152800-1296847424_thumb.jpg

Kind regards Alan

57011 has been busy at work on Warren Lane this morning

Running round a rake of KQA/FLA's

post-9929-0-90214200-1296920593_thumb.jpg

Entering the yard

post-9929-0-36130400-1296920614_thumb.jpg

I have allocated her to this train Warren Lane-Lawley Street so all her duties will be to run light into the yard and couple up to this rake and depart to Lawley street (fiddle yard) she will do that a few times over the course of a Show. My next project is her partner ie the return Engine from Lawley Street to Warren Lane.

Archived