Warren Lane

bugs bunny

Guest Digital

I could be wrong as I have been wrong many times before but did this layout appear in Saltney near Chester last year as part of a modern image exhibition?

I'm not that much into modern image (ok folks hold fire!) but I have to agree this looks fantastic and if it was the one at Saltney it worked like a dream as I remember.

Thanks for posting!

The layout at Saltney was indeed Nicks Excellent Holland Park

Regards

John

Willaston Road

Quality stuff, good feel, believable.

Another layout I like a lot.

Hey, I lived in Shenfield before moving to North Carolina (now, that was a culture shock)..........

Best, Pete.

Hi Pete

Thanks for your comments, I dont Know what its like in North Carolina but Shenfield is very Wet and cold today :(

regards Alan

This OOOOOOOzes atmosphere. I will defiantly be making a special trip to get to see the layout in the flesh.

Heres hoping you can get it toward a WCML based show sometime soon.

So much done so soon, fancy helpng build mine with me? just joking

Ian

Again many thanks for your comments, its much appreciated.

As I have hinted Warren Lane is going to be extended :D but I really need another crane .....as most people know the Heljan crane has been discontinued for some time which leaves us stuck..........so if anyone has a good working one they are willing to part with please contact me. Alan

Just erected Warren Lane in our neighbour's garage today it was -4 deg :( we didn't hang around too long ...........but took a few pictures :)

Containers part 1

All the containers painting and patching is based on real prototypes for example

Triton and Florens 40' at Southampton

post-9929-034723200 1290954551_thumb.jpg

These are reproduced on Warren Lane im really tempted to replace the NYK with a Tex

post-9929-026124100 1290954354_thumb.jpg

I have a lot of containers that are not fixed down, which lets me set up scenes like this

post-9929-011242600 1290955007_thumb.jpg

More to follow when I thaw out

"I'm not into containers" :( Scott you might find one or two on Warren Lane ;)

Containers part 2

These are all Bachmann 20' the bottom 2 have been repainted and C Rail tranfers applied.

The top one I saw on a lorry on the A12 I was driving so didnt get a picture...........

post-9211-094250800 1291098869_thumb.jpg

Guest Digital

Just erected Warren Lane in our neighbour's garage today it was -4 deg :( we didn't hang around too long ...........but took a few pictures :)

Containers part 1

All the containers painting and patching is based on real prototypes for example

Triton and Florens 40' at Southampton

post-9929-034723200 1290954551_thumb.jpg

These are reproduced on Warren Lane im really tempted to replace the NYK with a Tex

post-9929-026124100 1290954354_thumb.jpg

I have a lot of containers that are not fixed down, which lets me set up scenes like this

post-9929-011242600 1290955007_thumb.jpg

More to follow when I thaw out

Excellent detailing on the containers.

Regards

John

• RMweb Gold

Some excellent stuff here, I feel of a mind to get some containers done, but probably won't as per usual with my modelling these days :(

You've missed a piece of rust off that Triton container though :P

Warren lane Containers part 3

The container yard behind the main line (no name yet) is based on yards at Felixstowe and Southampton, but I must admit the container liveries ive used ( NYK, Hapag Lloyd and Hyundai) give it more of a Southampton flavour.

To explain shipping companies use different ports, so you see more Maersk at Felixstowe and more NYK at Southampton thats very simplistic and I hope Martyn (Glorious NSR) or someone with more knowledge than me will post with a more comprehensive explanation.

Anyway from these pictures I have tried to make Warren Lane to look like either..........:(

Southampton

post-9929-091413400 1291394003_thumb.jpg

Felixstowe

post-9929-041488600 1291395686_thumb.jpg

And Warren Lane........still looks like Southampton

post-9929-037625500 1291393959_thumb.jpg

Archived