Warren Lane

bugs bunny

• RMweb Premium

Great show at wycrail had a super great day

Definitely a great day.

I got to run my newly weathered class 70 today which was great. Even got to run my sound 57 on a container train. Nothing unusual there you might think but First Great Western livery made for an unusual loco and not weathered to. Must get it over to dans dirty diesels shed soon for a light weather.

Four weeks to our next show in Portsmouth. It'll be great. I don't get a rest though as I'm of to warley exhibition in three weeks and from what I've been told so far I'll be helping out on the warley clubs layout "Dalby Wood"

• RMweb Premium

here are three videos of Warren Lane in round form from the Peterborough show

apologies for first one being wobbly was taken on my iphone and my hands not as steady as i would have liked

Great show, glad i was there. Sorry again for having to cut and run at the end guys but mrs Satan would have punished me (and not in the fun way) if i'd been late home for her warbling concert, only just made it in time! I'll see if i can somehow get a couple of pictures of the show off my phone to share with the world.

Great to meet some fantastic layouts and the people behind them Wycrail, smashing day out! Could I smile really nicely at someone with a picture of us all and Alan receiving the 'Best Layout' award to pm a copy of the picture over to me please ready for the next impending round of website updates? :) :) :) Thank you.

Edit: just like this! Only 2 shots to show for the day :( (Alan, look away from the second picture)

One for Maggie's mantle piece:

post-9147-0-68331300-1383491996_thumb.jpg

ex-works steel wagons hitch a lift to their place of duty behind a slightly-more-detailed-than-the-last-show RES 47:

post-9147-0-79666100-1383491999_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Morning Alan

That must have been first thing as I am part of your audience! Good to chat to you again and hope you are feeling better today? Look forward to seeing you at Portsmouth when I should have some of the gang with me.

Hi,

It was great to see the layout at Wycrail on Saturday, I wish I had the time to stand and watch it all day, and it thoroughly deserved Best in Show, talking of which, here's a couple of shots of the handing over ceremony:

post-7271-0-13394400-1383588527.jpg

post-7271-0-81865300-1383588587.jpg

Plus one of the overall layout:

post-7271-0-85439800-1383588614.jpg

Those cranes are hypnotic to watch and that Track Renewel Train is astonishing, wish I had the space and time to construct one!

I can't wait to see it at the Portsmouth Show in a few weeks!

Simon

• RMweb Premium

Hi Alan and team,

Well done on getting Best in Show, thoroughly deserved.  It was the first time I had seen Warren Lane and I was mightily impressed.

I watched the container gantry for ages, trying (and failing) to work out how it was powered.  As Simon said, it was hypnotic to watch.

All the best, Dave.T

• 2 weeks later...

Ok peoples it's 'make a decision for me' time (cause i'm useless):

I have 4 of the superb c-rail yellow and silver 'EuroTainer' tank-tainers which i picked up for a seperate project. But i'm unsure whether i also want to convert them to work with the cranes. If i do 1, i'll have to do them all to keep them looking the same (and tanks can be a ###### to convert) but i'm not sure there's really a need for 4 identical tanks on WL! Just to confuse the matter more, i have plans to kit-bash a pair of Hornby tank-tainers (which are easier to convert to Heljan use) in the not to distant future to a different tank design which i have access to for getting the details right. Apperance wise these are black framed with a white tank and i would like to have these WL compatable if they're up to standard.

So, the short version is; should i convert all the Eurotainers or just wait until until i've done a couple of different tanks? I can't really see the need to convert all the tanks unless someone convinces me otherwise!

Ta!

Archived